update process vs Android

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I would like to say one thing about this udate process that microsoft is working on ...
take a look at what has happened with android .. it is the biggest mess I have ever seen.
I will give you one example.

my friend is on Nextel because his entire company uses the push to talk and they want their email on the phone so what do you know
Android less than 6 months ago releases the Motorola i1 android phone for nextel
they all get excited and the company goes out and purchases a bunch of phones ..
they for one are all version 1.6 !!!
second they can not get the active sync to work with the exchange server 2003 for his work so he can't even use the mail that they wanted to use ...
But it gets better Motorola has a fix for that ..
they are releasing a new phone I think its the i2 or somethinkg like that with android 2.0 that will work with exchange 2003 ...
less than 6 months they put out 2 phones instead of updating the software because then CANT.. it cost Motorolla to much money in R&D if they do not sell enought of that product
so his compnay is **** out of luck ..

I'm sorry to vent but I want this udate as well but I am not going to loose sleep because I need to reset the phone when it locks up in the marketpace or turn off the bluetooth and back on because it does not connect once in a while, I'm sure we are going to get this update and I'm sure they are working on it, YES they are slowww as molassess but they don't want to mess this up again and they want it right ..
I have to give them that benny of the doubt
Joe is right, we are much better off with Microsoft controlling the udates and not the hardware companies
this is a good thing and if you have been reading the web it also looks like they will have an SSL patch for the phones soon to push out So I believe .... do you Believe ??

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Your example is a crappy push to talk phone for enterprise...

Nevermind how fast Sprint and HTC got Froyo onto the Evo, which, like Windows Phone, is striving to be a competitive consumer device.

The true problem however, is that the hardware companies think people buy their Android phones because of their "software differentiation". They could take Android's builds and push them out quick.

It would seem like a good business play to me, to see LG (or whoever) come out and say, we put stock Android on our phones, and you'll get the cleanest, and quickest to update experience with all the newest features fastest.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Your example is a crappy push to talk phone for enterprise...

Nevermind how fast Sprint and HTC got Froyo onto the Evo, which, like Windows Phone, is striving to be a competitive consumer device.

The true problem however, is that the hardware companies think people buy their Android phones because of their "software differentiation". They could take Android's builds and push them out quick.

It would seem like a good business play to me, to see LG (or whoever) come out and say, we put stock Android on our phones, and you'll get the cleanest, and quickest to update experience with all the newest features fastest.
I think he meant that it's good that Microsoft is forcing venders to have a consistency. Something Google doesn't, which (as you stated) gives them the deluded free will to bloat the OS and disappoint customers.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you that is exactly my point its a mess even when they do updates in some cases people went back to the old versions a good example is the HTC hero after an update the phone 30% slower and people. Hated it

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss