Funny Sprint Story

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I Thought you might like this

I went to the sprint store today at the Mall and they did not have any HTC Arrives on Display.
So I asked the person at the store if they had any, he told me yes we do but we wont have a display unit for a few weeks ?
He told me the OS was brand new and it was a great Phone
He said it runs Androids latest OS and comes with the Android Market Place..

he argued with me for a few before another sprint employer told him its a windows phone not an android.. He said yea I know, Microsoft makes the phone with Android OS LOL

I had to walk out of the store...

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Hah that is pretty bad. On all of these forums, I think it has been shown most store employees of any carrier really have a clue. That is one of the worst though.

prjctchris

Mar 1, 2011
www.prjctmobile.com
If I may add another funny story:

At an AT&T store I once heard a rep answer a question of what Android is and she answered with, "Android is like Safari to the iPhone. It's just the browser it runs." Training sometimes has failed these people.

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What bothers me is that I have friends that work at the Sprint Store and they all get thorough learning modules whenever a new phone hits the market. They need to know the ins and outs of it before it is launched and they complete these online modules or else they don't get paid.

This guy clearly didn't do his homework

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I had some sales chick tell me how great the new Microsoft phones were now that they run Windows webOS. An interesting combination to say the least.

Last edited:

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Interesting stories to say the least I remember calling T-Mobile for signal issues, SIGNAL issues, and one of the first questions I was asked was obviously, what type of phone I had, I let the guy know that it was an HTC HD7 with Windows Phone 7 OS, guess what one of the following questions was? "Are you having trouble accessing the Android Market?" lmao.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Interesting stories to say the least I remember calling T-Mobile for signal issues, SIGNAL issues, and one of the first questions I was asked was obviously, what type of phone I had, I let the guy know that it was an HTC HD7 with Windows Phone 7 OS, guess what one of the following questions was? "Are you having trouble accessing the Android Market?" lmao.

Did you says yes?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I just don't get it how they are just not interested ?
I'm in IT and I have been an IT Director for the past 15 years and anytime there is a new server or software or way of doing tech stuff we are on top of it ..
How the HELL do you work in a Cell Phone Store and not know every phone that you sell in your store and what it does ? do I really want this person knowing my accout number and looking up my BILL ? I dont think soo...

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I just don't get it how they are just not interested ?
I'm in IT and I have been an IT Director for the past 15 years and anytime there is a new server or software or way of doing tech stuff we are on top of it ..
How the HELL do you work in a Cell Phone Store and not know every phone that you sell in your store and what it does ? do I really want this person knowing my accout number and looking up my BILL ? I dont think soo...

Quite simply, at least a lot of the people that work places like these are people my age (23) or at least 20-25, who don't take it seriously....or if they are older, they are quite simply not nerds.

They're just not nerds in general.

It's a sales job, I guess they hire good "sales people" most of the time.

JRDroid

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Quite simply, at least a lot of the people that work places like these are people my age (23) or at least 20-25, who don't take it seriously....or if they are older, they are quite simply not nerds.

They're just not nerds in general.

It's a sales job, I guess they hire good "sales people" most of the time.

That is true to a degree with one major caveat. A good sales person knows all their products inside and out. I used to be in sales and I could have told you the basics of anything you wanted to know about any of our products without looking it up (e.g. Screen size, OS being run, amount of memory). For more technical questions I would need to look it up (e.g. Clock speed, Ram). I would say someone who makes mistakes on this level isn't even a good salesman.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you says yes?

I would've totally said "that's a bit difficult to do considering I have a windows phone" or something to that effect but it was already the second outage in my area and third agent I spoke to that night so I just wanted to finish up, but looking back it is now quite painfully humorous the dude even sounded embarrassed lmao.

jtn05

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
This is the reason i mainly buy online now because your average salesman doesn't have a clue about the product they sell. I worked in a cell phone store for a little bit and would always hear the salesman telling customers the wrong info about a phone.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Lets be honest, if these people actually knew about the products they were selling, we'd be getting unloaded on by machine guns full of ******-bullets everytime we walked into a store.

If my two choices for my salespeople are ignorance or fanboys, I'll take the ignorants. TBQH, if you walk in to a store and plop down $100 and sign your life away for two years (or three years in other countries), you should have already done the research yourself anyway.

The last time I was in an AT&T store, I heard a rep tell a customer than his Torch would be getting 4G service once Blackberry sent out a RAM update.

thirdday2002

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I was recently in my local at&t store shopping for a phone for my wife, and I was talking to the salesman about my samsung focus. He asked me how I was liking the phone, and I told him how I loved everything about it except the 8GB storage. I told him I was considering adding a sd card to expand my storage, to which he replied, "don't do that, you'll void the warranty." I told him that I had never heard that, and he said "Oh yeah there's a label over the sd slot warning you about that." To which I immediately took the back off to show him that there was no label. He said that I must have taken the label off. He had a company issued focus and began pulling the back cover off of his phone. "See, my focus has a warning label." (Of course it didn't.) He didn't have much advice to give me after that. ::Facepalm::

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
In every Three store I've been in, the salesmen (and women) have always known everything about the devices they sell. When I went in last year seeking a device to replace my iPhone 3G, they recommended the HTC Hero - prefect alternative. When I got my Omnia 7, the guy said that the WP7 was a fantastic choice to invest in being the underdog.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
In every Three store I've been in, the salesmen (and women) have always known everything about the devices they sell. When I went in last year seeking a device to replace my iPhone 3G, they recommended the HTC Hero - prefect alternative. When I got my Omnia 7, the guy said that the WP7 was a fantastic choice to invest in being the underdog.

But you don't live in America bro, things is tuff here.

I applied to sell phones at Verizon here...as a second job. You can make really good money here with commission. And most of the people that I see working at these jobs here simply don't know much.

My friend bought a Droid, and the people there couldn't get his contacts on it even though he paid for the Verizon back up on his old dumb phone. All I had to do was log into his account online, export as a .CSV file, and upload it to his gmail.

I didn't get hired...haha....they didn't hire anybody for a while...so I don't know what the deal was....I used to be a goofy kid with long hair. I just cut it though..

Edit. It's a small town...I actually know some of them personally. My friend Ben works at one, and I was telling him I rooted my Incredible and this and that....and he, like typical "I avoid looking like a nerd" style...he said "you know to much about phones" kinda laughingly.

You know inside he's jealous.

But trust me...to most of the public they walk away not knowing any better.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Also...just a PSA anyway...and I'm sure most of you know.

But just order it online. You'll almost always get it at the same price or cheaper, with an instant discount instead of a dumb mail in rebate.

Also, no activation fees. They'll charge you $20 or $30 to activate it here. You could even buy it there, take it home, and put in the ESID # at home on your own. (If you're on CDMA)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05