Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Feel the difference?

Any bugs still need to be ironed out?

Any new bugs that popped up?

Using the copy and paste feature?

Are games and apps loading up faster?

Has Marketplace searching improved for you?

What are some things that may not have been mentioned that you feel is different? Good? Bad? Neutral?

Overall... good update or just waiting for mango?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I do feel a difference in the OS itself. It seems a bit lighter and faster.

One bug I experienced was the marketplace and some other apps would show loading and just back out to the home screen. I'll have to see if that's the case still.

It may not be a bug or may just be the result of being unlocked, but if I have wifi-only for an extended period of time, I can't access the market until I turn cellular on as well.

Apps do seem to load faster, BirdSong especially.

I haven't searched the marketplace, but results seem to come up faster.

Overall, the update was awesome and can't wait for the Mango update.

P.S. I'm on an AT&T Focus that I unlocked, debranded and took what was mine! haha.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Duvi, can you point me in the right direction on how to unlock it and stuff like you did so I can get the update?

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Grr... Board Express ate my rather long post so I'll just say Nodo cuts game loads significantly, some apps are faster as well, Samsung phones won't notice as big a difference for some apps as others, you can bypass the Microsoft Games Studios screens by tapping them, copy and paste is useful doesn't work or work well in all apps, marketplace search is faster though for apps you do need to go to the app category to search for them.

Unlocking and more can be found at
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=938106.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's cool that you can skip the Microsoft Game Studio screens now. They're usually up there for afew seconds. They're probably loading the game when they're up and with shorter load times they're probably not needed.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Duvi, can you point me in the right direction on how to unlock it and stuff like you did so I can get the update?

Grr... Board Express ate my rather long post so I'll just say Nodo cuts game loads significantly, some apps are faster as well, Samsung phones won't notice as big a difference for some apps as others, you can bypass the Microsoft Games Studios screens by tapping them, copy and paste is useful doesn't work or work well in all apps, marketplace search is faster though for apps you do need to go to the app category to search for them.

Unlocking and more can be found at
WP7 Hacking for Beginners - Chevron, Theming, Ringtones, Registry, MMS/Data - xda-developers.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

use this! worked like a charm.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I got it unlocked and some other stuff installed... Was I wrong to assume that NoDo would install on dev unlocked devices?

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think all around the OS seems snappier and I've noticed the load times are significantly less. I've noticed the copy and paste only works in certain places and with certain apps. Would be nice to have it universal but most of the time I'm just sending web addresses or copying statements from emails so it works out for me.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
everything works as promissed but I do know that the bluetooth audio while watching a video still does not come through the headphones still ..?
at least for me ..

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay for some reason I'm having problems installing the February update. Is that the NoDo update? Anyway, I've tried twice now it won't work.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This is the second update for me. I had one for January too but the Feb one still won't work.

whatttttttt! i only had two, the feb update which is pre-NoDo and the march update, which is NoDo.

are you able to copy and paste? if so, you're done.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm talking about the Zune player being muted until reboot when you don't exit a game right (or have the game on mute )
ahhh... gotcha. i'm a newb when it comes to games and music on my device, both of which i don't have. hopefully ctt1wbw or anyone else with the update can check it out and let you know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo