Those with the NoDo update!

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
One thing that the update DOES NOT fix is the lag in rendering images on tiles. On more than one occasion, I?ve jumped to the home screen from an app, scrolled down my tiles, and none of them were displaying images until a split second after I stopped scrolling. An example would be Alpha Jax which has an image of the Alpha Jax logo on the tile. I don?t know if it?s related, but WMPoweruser has a tip for dev unlocked devices which ?fixes? the issue where live tiles don?t update, even if you?re well under the 15-app limit for third party apps. There certainly seems to be an issue with tile updates, which is really troubling given that it?s one of the key strengths of the platform.

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
i haven't noticed any performance increase with nodo. i also have had many random reboots since installing. seems to be a common problem if you have a focus.

i still have yet to figure out what the heck this "marketplace search is faster" feature you guys are referring to is?

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
@tuffluck
Search displays results faster in the marketplace, at least when you're in the appropriate category. That's one of the first speed improvements I noticed.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
@tuffluck
Search displays results faster in the marketplace, at least when you're in the appropriate category. That's one of the first speed improvements I noticed.

i don't know what you mean by search? i think of search as you type in the name of a game and it comes up. are you talking about just going to a category and it showing up faster?

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
@tuffluck
Yes, I'm taking about searching within a category, though searching from the marketplace home screen seems faster as well.

mjevans

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
They still haven't fixed Marketplace as far as I'm concerned. Scroll down apps looking for something interesting. Tap on one to have a look, then back to the list and I find myself right back at the beginning and have to start scrolling down all over again. I don't think I've ever reached the bottom of any category before giving up. It doesn't happen everytime, and often I get returned to somewhere nearby where I left off, but it happens - a lot.

And the failure of them to not let you compose and save a draft text message - which just about every basic phone has been able to do since the stone age - is nothing short of criminal.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
One thing that the update DOES NOT fix is the lag in rendering images on tiles. On more than one occasion, I?ve jumped to the home screen from an app, scrolled down my tiles, and none of them were displaying images until a split second after I stopped scrolling. An example would be Alpha Jax which has an image of the Alpha Jax logo on the tile. I don?t know if it?s related, but WMPoweruser has a tip for dev unlocked devices which ?fixes? the issue where live tiles don?t update, even if you?re well under the 15-app limit for third party apps. There certainly seems to be an issue with tile updates, which is really troubling given that it?s one of the key strengths of the platform.

The 15 tile limit is for "live push tiles". I have 46 tiles on my start screen. No refresh trouble except when exiting Beezz. Don't use it anymore. Too heavy. Live tile problem is due to a misbehaving registry key. You can fix it but you need to be dev unlocked..

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
@jimski
Yeah, I'm familiar with the limit and the hack to "fix" it. Since Chevron doesn't work post-Nodo, I'll wait to see what other must have hacks there are before ponying up the cash to unlock my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire