New WP7 convert!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
For sure the Gmail app on Android is bad. I really like the email experience on WP7 very easy to use and so fast.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Among other things, I am thoroughly impressed with WP7's email experience. I too came from BlackBerry, and Windows Mobile before that. WP7 is much better.

Sent from my flippin' sweet Quantum using Board Express

mmuntean

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I understand

I understand what you're saying about these features that were left behind for the moment. It's not that I do not like this phone, I've had plenty of time to test it at the mobile operator's store so I knew from the start what are the things that are not yet present, but I was just saying that are some things that should not be left behind especially for a smartphone.

By the way, I have managed to unlock my phone, installed TouchXplorer and a registry editor and I have found the OBEX service enabled!!, an other parameters that are associated with it, so I believe either there is another reg entry that enables the option "Send via Bluetooth" or something, or this option must be implemented by MS in the next updates.
If anyone has found a solution with this please post it here.
Thnkx

bmbriefs

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Two more converts here, my wife an I just upgraded from HTC heros. I'm a zune fan from back in the day and I love the wm7 interface. The apps just look better too. My only concern is how performance will be on the 1st Gen devices when mango comes out.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I've narrowed down my list of really critical needs down to three:

(1) The email apps are good, but very basic when it comes to displaying email. Reading email is easier and more pleasant in iOS. I'm not sure that a combined inbox is really necessary, though.

(2) Connecting to and holding onto a wifi signal needs a big improvement in reliability. Maybe it's just my Quantum rather than WP7, but if it can't grab and keep a wifi connection like my iPhone can then I can't justify switching.

(3) Better camera imaging software. 5mp is plenty - the sensor just needs better software. And please save the settings!

Sent from my greenpois0ned iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

1) how do u figure?
2)must be ur router my arrive does a great job at holding WiFi u probly need it on ur iPhony more because of the crappy AT$T service.

Last edited by a moderator:

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
1) how the hell do u figure?
2)must be ur router my arrive does a great job at holding WiFi u probly need it on ur iPhony more because of the crappy AT$T service.

Odd. I use my focus and iPhone equally. I use my iPhone for work, because my firm uses whatsapp for internal communication. I swap my sim into my focus for any personal time. The focus seems to hold onto wifi better, but both get equally good service on AT&T.
I guess I don't understand where your anger is coming from, eric12341.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Two more converts here, my wife an I just upgraded from HTC heros. I'm a zune fan from back in the day and I love the wm7 interface. The apps just look better too. My only concern is how performance will be on the 1st Gen devices when mango comes out.
Welcome! I honestly don't think you need to worry about performance for Mango. All phones have 1GHz processors and Microsoft just approved 800MHz processors to be used in future revisions. So it seems like when Mango comes out you'll still be rocking a powerful device in WP7 terms.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Odd. I use my focus and iPhone equally. I use my iPhone for work, because my firm uses whatsapp for internal communication. I swap my sim into my focus for any personal time. The focus seems to hold onto wifi better, but both get equally good service on AT&T.
lol... that made me chuckle.

i'm in the NYC region and have excellent service with both my iPhone & Focus. heck, i get good service with my BlackBerry and Atrix as well. only time i start seeing lower wifi signals is when i'm across the street in my car, for all my devices, including my Pre on Sprint.

i get better service with my at&t device than i do with my sprint or had with my t-mobile & verizon devices.

so for me and where i go, at&t is great. popping sims in and out of different phones, having simultaneous voice + data and having a wide variety of phone selections is why i love at&t more than all the other carriers. t-mobile gives me 2 out of 3. the 3rd, phone selection, i don't get.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

dared to say that iOS has better email than wp7 and I want to kno y.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077