05-06-2011 12:51 PM
57 123
tools
    It sucks having to keep up with what apps you've downloaded that use live tiles and push. They need at address this. If they are going to cap how many one can have, at least let me see how many I have.
    I agree and have asked at least one developer to look into an app that would show you your registered live tiles. Don't think MS would prevent an app like that. You would be surprised how many apps load live tile support, without asking you, as soon as you open it the first time. Also, Schapman is considering adding a live tile reset tool to his Advanced Configuration Tool, but you would need to be dev unlocked to use it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-05-2011 04:47 PM
    I don't understand live titles. I got the Weatherbug and Weather channel app and they failed to give me up to date weather and just displayed the icon.

I have Flixter on my phone just because it has a "live" title, even though is just a pretty picture of a movie currently on theathers. The app is terrible though, I use IMDb.
    05-06-2011 09:23 AM
    Surprising about Weather Channel as it updates pretty regularly for me. I have had instances where WeatherBug would not update for a day or more so I gave up on it. Do you have a data connection always on in the background. Live tiles need a connection to update. Not sure if you are in the US, but Pro Sports Scores is a good one. Tracks, MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL games with tile updates every minute. MLB is best with few of the diamond, balls, strikes, outs, hitting and pitching.

05-06-2011 10:59 AM
    Yeah, I hate that the music + video tile never changes, unless you go into the actual tile. It should update with each track, from the home screen.
    05-06-2011 11:16 AM
    You mean like a 3G plan? I do, in fact it's unlimited data.
    05-06-2011 11:17 AM
    Well I tried Weather Channel app again and I forgot it was completely useless on Puerto Rico. It doesn't pick my location, city or even country.
    05-06-2011 12:36 PM
    I agree and have asked at least one developer to look into an app that would show you your registered live tiles. Don't think MS would prevent an app like that. You would be surprised how many apps load live tile support, without asking you, as soon as you open it the first time. Also, Schapman is considering adding a live tile reset tool to his Advanced Configuration Tool, but you would need to be dev unlocked to use it.

I just registered as a developer and a live-tile reset tool is high on my list of priorities. I highly doubt MS would approve it for general release, but it's worth a shot right?
    05-06-2011 12:51 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD