Reply/Forward E-mail Status Flags Synced?

newstormuser09

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
This is a quick question for current Windoes Phone 7 users. When you reply or forward an e-mail from your phone, does the reply/forward status (little red or blue arrow) sync with Exchange?

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Rich. E-mail is a big part of my work, so the reply/forward flag is a big deal for me.
As it is with me, I use email throughout each day, although I haven't tried to see if flagging email syncs between the two, will give that a go soon if you require that also.

newstormuser09

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
As it is with me, I use email throughout each day, although I haven't tried to see if flagging email syncs between the two, will give that a go soon if you require that also.

Yes please. Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated. I don't own a device yet, but I'm heavily leaning towards Windows Phone 7. I just need to see if the e-mail will do everything I need.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes please. Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated. I don't own a device yet, but I'm heavily leaning towards Windows Phone 7. I just need to see if the e-mail will do everything I need.
It does indeed, just flagged it on my Mac, allowed the device to sync and the small flag icon appeared :)

There is one small issue, the reply (and forward) indicators only appear to be synchronised on the Mac/PC all the time, whereas on the device it only records replying and forwarding on it itself. So if you reply to an email on your Mac/PC, it wont show on your phone, however if you reply or forward on your phone it shows on both. Will be good to have that looked into by Microsoft.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
In the same regards as this, when I foward an email some people say ( I have seen it to) they recieve it as .eml. Makes them open Live Mail. Seems like it only happens when I foward to gmail accounts...

WTF?

Any help?

newstormuser09

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
It does indeed, just flagged it on my Mac, allowed the device to sync and the small flag icon appeared :)

There is one small issue, the reply (and forward) indicators only appear to be synchronised on the Mac/PC all the time, whereas on the device it only records replying and forwarding on it itself. So if you reply to an email on your Mac/PC, it wont show on your phone, however if you reply or forward on your phone it shows on both. Will be good to have that looked into by Microsoft.

Thanks again for all your help. More info than I had hoped I would get. If anything else comes up, let me know.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
In the same regards as this, when I foward an email some people say ( I have seen it to) they recieve it as .eml. Makes them open Live Mail. Seems like it only happens when I foward to gmail accounts...

WTF?

Any help?
Hmm, sounds odd. I forward to my Gmail account just fine. Just did a test now and the email is inline as it should be on the Gmail web interface. Do you mean they receive the forwarded mail on their devices as .eml?

Thanks again for all your help. More info than I had hoped I would get. If anything else comes up, let me know.
No problem, let me know if you need anything else :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo