MIX'11 Discussion

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, please use this thread for up-to-the-moment discussion surrounding all topics on the keynotes. We shall have the live stream up and running on the site in time for todays keynote (I'll update this thread with a short announcement and link as to when we do) so prepare to have a tab open there and return here for opinions and rumours.

Let's see what'll get announced! :)

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had to stop, too much buffering. IE10 looks interesting but on opening they mentioned it's not all about version numbers yet they're on 10 already?

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Kik vs MSN Messenger

Is Kik really that much better than MSN Messenger? In the keynote, they mentioned how they have over 3 million users, but isn't MSN messenger on every Microsoft computer? Why won't Microsoft make MSN messenger for the phone, instead of us having to use a 3rd party app on my phone? Isn't messenger their baby? Why won't they let it grow? :-/

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I am excited to hear about Skype. I dont use Skype, but that tells me there will be hardware with front facing cameras.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
what was that phone that he used in the IE9 comparison for IOS Android and Mango?
it was an HTC but I have never seen that phone before ..

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm extremely excited about the changes in Mango, but what puts a whole damper on things is the fact that updates are still dependent on carrier approval. I'm sure many of us will update through unnofficial means, but

I am excited to hear about Skype. I dont use Skype, but that tells me there will be hardware with front facing cameras.
I'm sure there will be eventually, but Skype on WP7 isn't a predictor of this. You can still use Skype for VOIP and text-based chat.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They said that.current phones wouldn't support the gyroscope feature. I thought they may have gave some info on what the new specs would be. I also thought they would announce specs for the lower priced entry level phones. As reported.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
They said that.current phones wouldn't support the gyroscope feature. I thought they may have gave some info on what the new specs would be. I also thought they would announce specs for the lower priced entry level phones. As reported.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Probably because that part stayed a rumor... At least I would hope... By the time Nokia WP7 devices roll around current specs will be low end specs... So why change em? In regards to FFC devices; they need to come around in order to compete with iOS and Android, so I'm sure they'll be coming out soon... With everything that mango is bringing to the table, I honestly feel that it is what should have been released as v1.0 (or 7.0 however you'd like to see it) but nonetheless I'm not complaining if these carriers can release it on time later this year then they will have attainted feature parity (or a majority of it at least) with the competition in only one year, I'd say that is one hell of a ride considering it took the competition a good number of years (plural lol) to get there, now I understand Microsoft has the advantage of just "copying" features, so to speak, but still, executing it in one year deserves props. They have my tip of the hat.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I dont too my hat to them. Not yet anyway. Promising things and delivering them is two different things. I'll give them props if they deliver.

I dont think the current line will be the lower end. I see android phones being released with specs less than the HD2. Anyway. I'm only interested because my contract is up in July and I don't want to jump the gun.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using TapaTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel