NoDo coming 4/19 to AT&T

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
it supposedly keeps it unlocked forever if you using the Samsung Tool that keeps it from locking ever again.

Last edited:

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been mentioned. Does the AT&T NoDo update lock previously developer un-locked devices?

I got NoDo a few weeks ago using the de-branding, VPN method, and my device is still unlocked, but I haven't done the official AT&T update yet. Thanks.

My Focus is still unlocked. Did the update last night

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Man, this sucks! I am a developer, released quite a few apps. I have 3-4 that are in the top 100 (out of over 14,000), and even one in the top 350. All of my Family members (we are on same contract) have Samsung Focus(es) as well. All three of them got the update and yet I do not!

My phone was free from Microsoft, with a Microsoft coupon from a company called Zones (Zones: Connecting Businesses and Technology). The rest of my families, after seeing my cool phone, got theirs through ATT directly. But my phone is an ATT branded, regular phone. Nothing special about it, except that I unlocked it with the developer tools.

I am a little pissed!

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So....how do AT&T hotspots work. Are they password protected Wifi locations that an AT&T device can access? Are they not just free Wifi?

It's funny, around here there are AT&T hot spots before AT&T was even available here, simply because of corporate deals with Barnes and Noble and others.

Before, when you go to a Starbucks or McDonald's that offers AT&T WiFi, you would have to open your internet browser and it would load the terms and agreement page. You would have to accept the terms before you got wifi access.

WISPr bypasses that process.

Michael.

AndrewakaMJ

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Got the update last night...I have to say, it was a bit of a pain, but not too bad.

I actually had to do multiple fixes for different errors. First I had the error that had to be fixed by deleting browser/map/search history...next I had a different error and had to use the Windows Phone Support Tool. After that I finally had the Feb update. On to NoDo, and I had another error (not even listed on the support page), ran the Windows Phone Support Tool again, update again, and finally finished after about 3 hours.

While there was nothing tech intense, this process definitely needs some streamlining before the next update. (IMO)

D-Burrs

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My phone had no update notification until I actually plugged it into the computer.

There might be a sort of rollout happening, but you can maybe jump the rollout notification simply by plugging it in.

But, it's no longer a rumor.

I'm installing it right now on my Focus.
Thanks for the fdbk - unfortunately, I've updated zune, plugged my focus into it, and zune is still showing "Your phone is up to date. Current phone software version 7.0 (7004). It's making me absolutely insane! No error messages on plug-in, nothing - it's as though they simply decided to skip me over - have you heard of this with anyone else? I should add I'm in PA, USA - EST

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Before, when you go to a Starbucks or McDonald's that offers AT&T WiFi, you would have to open your internet browser and it would load the terms and agreement page. You would have to accept the terms before you got wifi access.

Michael.

Thanks Michael, thats good to know. I had no idea where this would come into play. Thanks again.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Man, this sucks! I am a developer, released quite a few apps. I have 3-4 that are in the top 100 (out of over 14,000), and even one in the top 350. All of my Family members (we are on same contract) have Samsung Focus(es) as well. All three of them got the update and yet I do not!

My phone was free from Microsoft, with a Microsoft coupon from a company called Zones (Zones: Connecting Businesses and Technology). The rest of my families, after seeing my cool phone, got theirs through ATT directly. But my phone is an ATT branded, regular phone. Nothing special about it, except that I unlocked it with the developer tools.

I am a little pissed!

Actually that kind of comical. :) My phone is unlocked, but I did delete my browser/map/search history on my way home yesterday. When I plugged it in, the update was there. Well, hope you will get it soon.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Michael.
Does WISPr do anything else? It sounded like if you're using 3G it'll automatically use AT&T WiFi instead if it's around.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
In addition to Starbuck's and McDonald's, Barnes and Noble, Sam's Club, FedEx, and Ruby Tuesday are other places that have AT&T WiFi in my area. I have never had to log in (not even the first time) before I could use it. I actually used it at Ruby Tuesday just minutes before updating to NoDo! I don't know how it works with NoDo yet.

Sent from my flippin' sweet Quantum using Board Express

Last edited:

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Surprised

I am a little pissed!

WOW! If you have the ms developer tools and you are registered I am truly shocked.

D-Burrs

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
11pm CST, the following day, and I still gave no update options! Man, this is freakin lame!

I'm with you - just synced up with Zune again with high expectations, only to get the same BS about my phone being up to date with the current version of 7.0 (7004). In a thread on microsoft answers tryting to get an answer as well: samsung focus, zune still shows phone is up to date with version 7.0 - Microsoft Answers

Only thing I can think of is that the update is rolling out to accounts that have been in place longer first?

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I can think of is that the update is rolling out to accounts that have been in place longer first?

I have had an account with ATT and some sort of dataplan since like 2000.

I however, am currently in the Chicago area and my plan is based around the Little Rock area. But I have the Nation plan, so my service is exactly the same.

When my family all got their new phones, they put new SIM cards in from ATT. I am still using my old SIM card, are you as well? I hope that is not the problem!

D-Burrs

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
When my family all got their new phones, they put new SIM cards in from ATT. I am still using my old SIM card, are you as well? I hope that is not the problem![/QUOTE]

Good theory, though who knows? I'm using my old SIM card (active 4 years now) as well. Only thing I'm getting from WP7 support is "Patience, everyone will get the update;)" Doesn't give me much comfort without any kind of time regulator on it...

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I just talked with another developer, who is using a Samsung focus, for development purposes only. He has, nor has ever had a SIM card in it (only uses it for testing); and he got the update through the normal process as well. So that is not likely it. I guess we are just unlucky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro