NoDo coming 4/19 to AT&T

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Looks like us AT&T users are finally going to see NoDo on the 19th. Microsoft updated the where's my update page to say scheduling too.

For some reason the HTC Surround is still in testing though. How many people waited for the update and didn't use the hacks out there? I waited!

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Cool that you guys are getting update love finally! lol

Edit: I also saw that the "internal letter" mentioned "myCSP" this adds merit to the claim because I used to work for them and "myCSP" is a help index type tool in which employees can look up certain company info that should be relayed to customers.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm anxious to see what happens since I used Walsh's system restore to backdoor it on to my Focus. I'm guessing it will catch on fire.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm still kind of doubtful too. It seems too good to be true. And this means AT&T actually were true to their word and finished testing in "early" April.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Instead of Samsung now we blame HTC?!?

Microsoft Confirms AT&T WP7 Update Progress

The updates we deliver contain a complex stew of software code. The content often includes not only our fixes and improvements but also software supplied by companies that make the phone itself and the chips inside it. One of these third-party software “packages” earmarked for the HTC Surround needs additional testing by both Microsoft and AT&T.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If this is true, the wait wasn't really that bad. Damn sure a improvement over WM days.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using TapaTalk

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I waited too. I wanted to experience the normal update process and receive any device/carrier-specific stuff that might come along with it.

While I'm still disappointed with how Nodo's rollout was exexuted and communicated, I am glad that it *appears* the wait won't be much longer. I wont be doing any celebrating until NoDo is on my phone and even then, I'm sure it'll be quite anti-climactic.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
IF this happens, we can say with certainty that WP7's update process is better than Androids. I would also have no fear that they would withhold Mango on us.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
There were only a few brief moments in which I considered not waiting for the official release of NoDo for my Quantum. I am really looking forward to seeing how the update will go, and cannot wait for copy & paste, although it's mostly in principle.

Sent from my flippin' sweet Quantum using Board Express

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I am nreally disappointed in how AT&T is handling these updates, and how Microsoft is letting them control this portion of the phone. Before WP7 launched they said that updates would be controlled and pushed to phones by Microsoft, and now have gone completely the opposite direction. I find this very disheartening.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone get the update yet. If the rumor is true then I'm guessing the update is gonna be released sometime midday tomorrow... and I will be at work at the time, so suckage.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone get the update yet. If the rumor is true then I'm guessing the update is gonna be released sometime midday tomorrow... and I will be at work at the time, so suckage.

Haha same here. We'll probably see the update first thing in the morning and I'll have to wait all day to upgrade.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha same here. We'll probably see the update first thing in the morning and I'll have to wait all day to upgrade.

Unfortunately...there is a high probably that many of us will not see this update tomorrow. I don't know what kind of scale there actually is to this update, I mean, how many Focusesesseesss are actually out there.

Okay...Foci.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately...there is a high probably that many of us will not see this update tomorrow. I don't know what kind of scale there actually is to this update, I mean, how many Focusesesseesss are actually out there.

Okay...Foci.
More than the number of Quanta, certainly. ;-)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i was thinking i wanted to switch back for the at&t update myself. still haven't decided. i think i've decided i will tonight. does the unlock stay if i do a wipe? or can i just rebrand and get it back?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss