[Wallpapers] Free Wallpapers for WP7 - Regular and Transparent Galleries

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know, I really liked the Transparent, for one thing I would use it in a crowd of people and they would go WTF is that..Oh it's WP7.... really though it's more for my enjoyment. I can't figure out what changed that would cause that to happen...

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Whatever it is, it effects how the WP7 handles transparent layers within its lock screen. There might have been a reason for it or maybe they were blind to all the chatter and design circulating the web for trans images and have no clue that customers were using them.

3lackdeath

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Just tried a couple of these today and it worked however iv'e noticed that it changes to a multi thumbnail view once you release the hold on the image.

This is all from the home screen of course.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Just tried a couple of these today and it worked however iv'e noticed that it changes to a multi thumbnail view once you release the hold on the image.

This is all from the home screen of course.

You are running Mango? If so, transparent images will no longer work as Mango does not properly support them. It is noted both in the main post and in the gallery. There is no news yet on if MS will correct this.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
yeah i am and thanks because i never saw it

No problem. Until MS offers an update allowing Mango phones to use transparency, I'll hold off from making any additional transparent images. I'll continue to pump out the regular non-transparent ones when able.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
awww :( I remember thinking that was rather neat when I first saw it. But I got my phone and immediately put it to mango (more recent-ish WP7 user here :p).

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
awww :( I remember thinking that was rather neat when I first saw it. But I got my phone and immediately put it to mango (more recent-ish WP7 user here :p).

What stinks is spending many HOURS working on graphics just to watch as they become incompatible heh. Oh well...honestly I don't even know if MS knew that Mango lost the support....or that Metro had it at all. I've yet to see a statement made by them about it.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
What stinks is spending many HOURS working on graphics just to watch as they become incompatible heh. Oh well...honestly I don't even know if MS knew that Mango lost the support....or that Metro had it at all. I've yet to see a statement made by them about it.

They probably did it as part of general power savings. I know true transparancy texture shading in GPU (if MS is indeed using the GPU for GUI) takes up a bit of GPU time. Though, I am admittedly, mostly ignorant of mobile GPU arch (actually, anything outside of nVidia GT200/CUDA, I might as well be guessing out of thin air :().

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
They probably did it as part of general power savings. I know true transparancy texture shading in GPU (if MS is indeed using the GPU for GUI) takes up a bit of GPU time. Though, I am admittedly, mostly ignorant of mobile GPU arch (actually, anything outside of nVidia GT200/CUDA, I might as well be guessing out of thin air :().

No, you could be right about that. I just wish MS would acknowledge it. It helps those of us looking to contribute. Helps keep us in the know of what changes are coming and why so we can prepare for them or better understand once they have occurred.

That's also why I have hesitated to read too deep into the dev kit. WP7 is too early in it's dev....I'd rather wait till the OS is a little more adapted and recognized (knowing MS...they could drop it tomorrow and replace it with something new if it doesn't reach what their looking for heh).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb