The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-01-2011 10:05 AM
78 1234
tools
    that's the nice thing about the Omnia7, it's a Focus but in a nicer aluminium chassis that looks very Zune-like.
    it's too square-ish for me. i'd like the omnia a bit more if it was like the atrix in where it's a square, but the edges are a bit more rounded.

out of the focus, iPhone 4, atrix, pre, and torch, i like holding the focus more out of all the devices i have.
    05-16-2011 12:55 AM
    Hi guys, Microsoft engineer here. I just wanted to say it's really cool to see so many people enjoying their phones, and I hope you have even more to love in the future. A lot of hard work is going into improving Windows Phone and there are a lot of ups and downs, so I really appreciate hearing that it's all worth it in posts like these. :)

Anyway, for my own retail device, I ended up getting a Samsung Focus. I know it's been said a million times already, but the screen looks amazing. And the phone is so light and thin, it was a real delight to carry in my pocket for the week or so I was using it as my primary phone. I'm going to end up giving it to a friend because I don't use it regularly and it's a waste to keep such a nice phone sitting in my desk without a SIM card, but I'm going to be sad to give it up.
    05-16-2011 02:02 AM
    Alright, I ended up buying a Xoom. I didn't get a chance to check out the Playbook because somebody else was playing with it.

I ran Browsermark and Sunspider benchmark between the ipad 2 and Xoom and Honeycomb wins.

So far, so good, replying from it right now. Got Flash 10.3 installed and latest Honeycomb 3.1 update was pushed last night.

Michael.
    qu chingos dude! this is a thread about people expressing the passion they have for their windows phone based devices not for Android and crapple tablets really could've done without that post.
    05-16-2011 02:29 AM
    it's too square-ish for me. i'd like the omnia a bit more if it was like the atrix in where it's a square, but the edges are a bit more rounded.

out of the focus, iPhone 4, atrix, pre, and torch, i like holding the focus more out of all the devices i have.
    Like every Android device out there? I prefer Unique looking phones, Also the Omnia is rounded in the back if I'm not incorrect. I haven't seen one in the wild though, I bet is pretty.
    05-16-2011 08:35 AM
    proof that heavy doesn't mean better.
    QFT.

One of the reasons I like my Focus is the light weight. I train on my bike a lot (10-15 hours per week) and it's nice not having a heavy brick-like phone causing the back pocket in my jersey to sag.
    05-16-2011 09:09 AM
    I can't wait to see what will Samsung have next for WP7. The Focus is the best selling WP phone I think so they should really take advantage of that and create a capable phone. Also with Nokia on the horizon they now they will have to step up.

All good knows from when my contract breaks on...2013.
    05-16-2011 09:33 AM
    I love my Arrive. My EVO sadly slipped out of my hand and saw cement a few weeks ago. Rather than getting another EVO, I opted to get an Arrive which was a great choice. This is my first WP7 phone and will not be my last.
    05-17-2011 05:05 PM
    It seems like some Cnet readers love WP7 too! :D

CNET readers' favorite smartphones - CNET Reviews
    05-17-2011 08:47 PM
    It seems like some Cnet readers love WP7 too! :D

CNET readers' favorite smartphones - CNET Reviews
    Look my Arrive made the list, it hasn't been out that long the Samsung Focus has been out forever and it made the list. Just goes to show you don't need high end hardware to have a great device. What you need to a great OS.
    05-17-2011 09:11 PM
    2 out of the 5 phones out for wp7 in the U.S. made the list. that's pretty good.

edit: i lied... the dell venue pro (although not in carrier stores) makes it 6. 33% is still awesome.
    Last edited by duvi; 05-18-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    05-17-2011 11:42 PM
    another thing that I found interesting was that Verizon was no where to be found. Guess they should have put a rush out on that trophy, eh.
    05-17-2011 11:43 PM
    I need to take a look at an Arrive in person. I though it was the worse Windows Phone but I kept hearing the love for the phone.
    05-18-2011 09:57 AM
    I need to take a look at an Arrive in person. I though it was the worse Windows Phone but I kept hearing the love for the phone.
    What made you think that? Compared to the LG Quantum on paper, I would've at least assumed 2nd. In fact, though, I think it's one of the best, if not the best, designed Windows Phones thus far (even with the large amount of black area where the Windows key is that I pointed out a few times).
    05-18-2011 11:55 AM
    although i still believe the Focus to be the best WP7 device in the U.S., i have not heard any complaints about the Arrive from anyone whereas the Focus, even those on rev 1.3 have had some issues.
    Last edited by duvi; 05-18-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    05-18-2011 12:10 PM
    Well I dunno, I though it was a huge ugly successor to the Pro 2. But is actually pretty small.
    05-18-2011 01:57 PM
    although i still believe the Focus to be the best WP7 device in the U.S., but i have not heard any complaints about the Arrive from anyone whereas the Focus, even those on rev 1.3 have had some issues.
    My only knock on the Arrive is the 3.6" screen. Don't know why they couldn't have stuck with the 3.8", like on the Surround, Trophy and Mozart (I think). Would have probably traded my Surround speaker for a keyboard, although I find the on-screen kb to work just fine.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-18-2011 02:46 PM
    My only knock on the Arrive is the 3.6" screen. Don't know why they couldn't have stuck with the 3.8", like on the Surround, Trophy and Mozart (I think). Would have probably traded my Surround speaker for a keyboard, although I find the on-screen kb to work just fine.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    what????????????? 3'6! wow. didn't even think HTC made those anymore. haha.
    05-18-2011 08:46 PM
    FWIW, Engadget called it probably the best Windows Phone available in their review.

-R
    05-19-2011 11:19 PM
    I prefer a smaller screen. If I want a table, I'll buy a tablet.
    05-20-2011 07:46 AM
    all kinds of love for my Arrive! The only phone i wanted more was the Dell Venue Pro, and we all know how well those have worked out...
    05-22-2011 08:09 PM
    Got my phone back from warranty today! My precious! My precioussssss.......
    06-27-2011 08:34 PM
    So I was on T-Mo, at one point I tried the HD7 not sure what it was but I didn't like it. I guess there were things on Android that I missed. I have since switched to Verizon. I started out with the iPhone 4, liked it but again missed things on Android. Went with the Charge. The phone is a Beast. But the 4G kills the phone so quickly so i am on 3G 99% of the time, so I have been lurking around on here and reading about WP7 after mango was announced. I decided to take a risk and get the trophy since it seemed that all I did on my phone was FB, twitter, and texting and the occasional apps. So I got the phone and not sure why but it seems totally different then when I had the HD7 I know it really isnt but I LOVE this phone. I am getting my mom to get a trophy as well. I think she will love how simple but so integrated. All I can say is this phone flies. When I go back to my charge to do something it is crazy how sluggish it really is. It almost drives me nuts. Glad to be here.
    06-28-2011 11:20 AM
    I've had my Focus since December and still can't put it down. I'm always just randomly picking it up, scrolling through some of the interface, and putting it back down. Half the time I use my phone, I'm not actually doing anything, I'm just mesmerizing myself with the beauty and flow of metro.
    GenXCub and X7or360 like this.
    06-28-2011 11:25 AM
    I'm loving my Arrive and I agree with the smaller screen sentiments. If I want a big screen I'll get on my laptop or desktop. And so what if it isn't dual-core and all those other fancy features people tout? I think these companies should work on making their phones last more than half a day with normal use on a single charge than worrying about beating hardware speed records.

Looking at just the specs you'd think these WP7 phones would be as fast or slower than the newest Android offerings but this sucker is quick! Not only that but the phone LASTS! I can't get over it. I'm going a whole day with a single charge. It's... amazing.

I will be honest, I didn't do a whole heck of a lot of research when I told my GF I wanted an Arrive for my bday. All I knew is that I was sick of Androids issues and wanted a phone with better battery life. This phone more than delivers on both fronts. I was happy with WM5(as limited as it was) and figured I'd give this a go. I'm here to stay.
    GenXCub and Rhody#WP like this.
    06-28-2011 11:31 AM
    Man I'm watching those new Mango preview videos and salivating at the screen. Oh my.
    GenXCub likes this.
    06-28-2011 12:04 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD