I love my frickin' phone.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i've been looking at the playbook for those needs. not sure what it is, but i'm in love with it.

Alright, I ended up buying a Xoom. I didn't get a chance to check out the Playbook because somebody else was playing with it.

I ran Browsermark and Sunspider benchmark between the ipad 2 and Xoom and Honeycomb wins.

So far, so good, replying from it right now. Got Flash 10.3 installed and latest Honeycomb 3.1 update was pushed last night.

Michael.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Optimus 7 user here.

Sometimes I just unlock the phone and just scroll the tiles up and down with not real reason or purpose, I just like playing with it. It's just fun to use.

I can't go back to anything else.

And I thought I was the only one that did that. :)

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I wish I had waited before I bought my Focus. Cheap and plasticky, like a Dell Inspiron laptop. I would have rather had the Dell Venue Pro.

Cheap? It the most sleek and elegant wp7 on the market. It far from sleek. You mention the Venue, its proof that heavy doesn't mean better.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I dunno about that man, I put my Optimus 7 side by side with a Focus and the only think the Focus had better was that sexy sexy screen.

Both phones look amazing, I'm just sad that I'm stuck with an ugly cover. Before that I used to get compliments on my phone almost daily =(.

Can way till Nokia just go to town on it.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung Focus is very sleek 'looking', and to me its 'look', and the Samsung screen plus NAND internals make it the best one; but yes, Samsung has always used very cheap & light plastic on most of their products. But I have a very thin case on it that makes it feel solid. Don't think I've ever had a full touchscreen soapbar phone without a case on it.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't let the light feel of the Focus annoy you. A good case can add some weight to it. I really like the feel of the phone with the case I have. It's one of the cases AT&T sells.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung Focus is very sleek 'looking', and to me its 'look', and the Samsung screen plus NAND internals make it the best one; but yes, Samsung has always used very cheap & light plastic on most of their products.

that's the nice thing about the Omnia7, it's a Focus but in a nicer aluminium chassis that looks very Zune-like.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
that's the nice thing about the Omnia7, it's a Focus but in a nicer aluminium chassis that looks very Zune-like.
it's too square-ish for me. i'd like the omnia a bit more if it was like the atrix in where it's a square, but the edges are a bit more rounded.

out of the focus, iPhone 4, atrix, pre, and torch, i like holding the focus more out of all the devices i have.

Smrexcom

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, Microsoft engineer here. I just wanted to say it's really cool to see so many people enjoying their phones, and I hope you have even more to love in the future. A lot of hard work is going into improving Windows Phone and there are a lot of ups and downs, so I really appreciate hearing that it's all worth it in posts like these. :)

Anyway, for my own retail device, I ended up getting a Samsung Focus. I know it's been said a million times already, but the screen looks amazing. And the phone is so light and thin, it was a real delight to carry in my pocket for the week or so I was using it as my primary phone. I'm going to end up giving it to a friend because I don't use it regularly and it's a waste to keep such a nice phone sitting in my desk without a SIM card, but I'm going to be sad to give it up.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Alright, I ended up buying a Xoom. I didn't get a chance to check out the Playbook because somebody else was playing with it.

I ran Browsermark and Sunspider benchmark between the ipad 2 and Xoom and Honeycomb wins.

So far, so good, replying from it right now. Got Flash 10.3 installed and latest Honeycomb 3.1 update was pushed last night.

Michael.

qu? chingos dude! this is a thread about people expressing the passion they have for their windows phone based devices not for Android and crapple tablets really could've done without that post.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
it's too square-ish for me. i'd like the omnia a bit more if it was like the atrix in where it's a square, but the edges are a bit more rounded.

out of the focus, iPhone 4, atrix, pre, and torch, i like holding the focus more out of all the devices i have.

Like every Android device out there? I prefer Unique looking phones, Also the Omnia is rounded in the back if I'm not incorrect. I haven't seen one in the wild though, I bet is pretty.

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
proof that heavy doesn't mean better.
QFT.

One of the reasons I like my Focus is the light weight. I train on my bike a lot (10-15 hours per week) and it's nice not having a heavy brick-like phone causing the back pocket in my jersey to sag.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to see what will Samsung have next for WP7. The Focus is the best selling WP phone I think so they should really take advantage of that and create a capable phone. Also with Nokia on the horizon they now they will have to step up.

All good knows from when my contract breaks on...2013.

skyrocket

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I love my Arrive. My EVO sadly slipped out of my hand and saw cement a few weeks ago. Rather than getting another EVO, I opted to get an Arrive which was a great choice. This is my first WP7 phone and will not be my last.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
2 out of the 5 phones out for wp7 in the U.S. made the list. that's pretty good.

edit: i lied... the dell venue pro (although not in carrier stores) makes it 6. 33% is still awesome.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb