Disabling wispr

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No idea. Have you actually seen it enabled yet. I have not been to a Starbucks or McDonald's since getting NoDo earlier this week.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm assuming you don't want to automatically connect to WISPr hotspots but want to keep WiFi on? Don't think that's possible.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

sandman

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
@jimski - Yes I have seen it connect. I wouldn't call it seamless. I was browsing on my phone and it failed to load a page. I checked my connections and saw the wifi icon blinking. It then connected to i believe an "attwifi". I turned off my wifi and everything still worked.

@Rico - Yes. I have tried to look up the security aspects of wispr and haven't found much. I can tell it authenticates, but I can't tell if the connection is required to be encrypted. As such, I'd rather not connect to an AP I didn't ask it to connect to. Maybe there is a way to disable it thru the diagnostics app on Focus.

interbeingwang

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
WISPr will not do encrypting on your data. WISPr only encrypt your authentication traffic. if you are using openaccess to AP, then your data is in risk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire