Does anybody know how to disable wispr on the at&t devices without disabling WiFi?

Thanks in advance.
    05-07-2011 12:11 AM
    No idea. Have you actually seen it enabled yet. I have not been to a Starbucks or McDonald's since getting NoDo earlier this week.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-07-2011 12:59 AM
    Is it stopping you from connecting to different wireless network?
    05-07-2011 01:02 AM
    I'm assuming you don't want to automatically connect to WISPr hotspots but want to keep WiFi on? Don't think that's possible.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    05-07-2011 01:54 AM
    @jimski - Yes I have seen it connect. I wouldn't call it seamless. I was browsing on my phone and it failed to load a page. I checked my connections and saw the wifi icon blinking. It then connected to i believe an "attwifi". I turned off my wifi and everything still worked.

@Rico - Yes. I have tried to look up the security aspects of wispr and haven't found much. I can tell it authenticates, but I can't tell if the connection is required to be encrypted. As such, I'd rather not connect to an AP I didn't ask it to connect to. Maybe there is a way to disable it thru the diagnostics app on Focus.
    05-07-2011 09:52 AM
    WISPr will not do encrypting on your data. WISPr only encrypt your authentication traffic. if you are using openaccess to AP, then your data is in risk.
    09-13-2011 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD