05-19-2011 09:31 AM
101 12345
tools
    Yeah I hear you on the stagnating updates deal, I actually feel the exact same way in that one or two updates a year should be major requiring a PC, but c'mon a security patch? well I'm updating as I type but it would've been nice to have been able to do something like that OTA.

I Agree lol but I doubt they're going to surprises us with anything anymore given that all these leaks have come out haha... just more like "officially announcing" the features.
    i'm hoping that would be a reason for them to add a special surprise for us, because everything they'll be announcing has already leaked. lol.
    05-10-2011 09:55 PM
    i'm hoping that would be a reason for them to add a special surprise for us, because everything they'll be announcing has already leaked. lol.

That... Is one good -->
    05-11-2011 03:18 AM
    I just added all the new leaked information from today. This is stacking up to be one awesome update. I haven't seen this much stuff in one update since.....well I haven't..can't wait for this fall.
    05-15-2011 04:17 PM
    Nothing jaw dropping. Just more of the expected.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    05-15-2011 04:27 PM
    I'm really excited about the new leaked information from today like @jeffdunn2010 said. Facebook/AIM/MSN chat support built into the OS is really cool. Here's hoping it's similar to BlackBerry's BBM service where you're always signed in and because it uses Push battery life doesn't ever suffer (whether or not WP7 will use push I don't know).
    05-15-2011 04:38 PM
    Nothing jaw dropping. Just more of the expected.

You mean more of the "Hoped For" right. Up until now it was all hoped for, but nothing was concrete yet, and really still isn't until it is made official by Microsoft.

I am especially happy about the group messaging and messenger integration.
    05-15-2011 05:42 PM
    I'd say the amount of features already leaked is pretty jaw dropping. Even though we were hoping for all of it, the fact that pretty much everything we have been missing is coming in one fell swoop is impressive.

And we still have more to hear.
    05-15-2011 05:48 PM
    I still find it somewhat troubling that there has been no info on the Live Tiles issue. I'm hoping that with the deep linking tiles we will have a larger limit as well as the constipation issue somehow cures itself.
    05-15-2011 06:09 PM
    I still find it somewhat troubling that there has been no info on the Live Tiles issue. I'm hoping that with the deep linking tiles we will have a larger limit as well as the constipation issue somehow cures itself.
    Are you referring to the limit on the number of apps that can run live tiles. I think the current limit is 15 but with Mango it is supposed to go up to 30. Not sure where I heard this from though. On another note if you watch the videos from MIX '11 there is alot of talk about upcoming live tile features at one point in the video.
    05-15-2011 06:14 PM
    Not so much worried about the features more so with the clogging of the registry that results in push errors.
    05-15-2011 06:17 PM
    True. I'm just waiting for milti-tasking. I don't mind playing the waiting game. The phone is awesome right now as is.
    You mean more of the "Hoped For" right. Up until now it was all hoped for, but nothing was concrete yet, and really still isn't until it is made official by Microsoft.

I am especially happy about the group messaging and messenger integration.

05-15-2011 06:31 PM
    Anyone know why there's a limit to start?
    Are you referring to the limit on the number of apps that can run live tiles. I think the current limit is 15 but with Mango it is supposed to go up to 30. Not sure where I heard this from though. On another note if you watch the videos from MIX '11 there is alot of talk about upcoming live tile features at one point in the video.

05-15-2011 06:32 PM

This article pretty much sums it up in a neat package.

Details on the Push Notification app limits - Jaime Rodriguez - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    05-15-2011 07:30 PM

I believe it's probably to maintain battery life and performance.
    05-15-2011 09:03 PM
    I haven't heard of this yet, but is there going to be Twitter integration in Mango too, like Facebook is right now?
    05-15-2011 10:12 PM
    On the People's Hub? I think that was confirmed long ago. It can get pretty messy though.
    05-15-2011 10:30 PM
    Getting closer to understanding this issue although still no simple solution. I have shared my findings with 6 live tile app developers, 5 that are contributing to the constipation issue and 1 that is not. Maybe we can come up with a consensus as to what is going on. If Microsoft won't do anything, maybe the developers can.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-15-2011 11:41 PM
    So jimski what exactly is it that's going on?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    05-15-2011 11:49 PM
    So jimski what exactly is it that's going on?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    While I am not Jimski, I can tell you what is going on.

Some developers are writing sloppy code. There is a limit of 15 live tiles on the start screen right now for Windows Phone 7. In the Mango release it will be set at 30. When a live tile is added to the start screen it is added to this number up until 15 are reached, Microsoft stock apps do not count towards this total. When a live tile is deleted from the home screen it is supposed to be deleted from this list. Some apps are not releasing themselves from this list and therefore have to be deleted to be taken off of the list. It is kinda technical, but in the end it is not Microsoft's fault but the developers who are to blame.

Did that help?
    05-16-2011 11:54 AM
    Added the info from today. MY GOD I cannot wait for this update. Its gonna be HUGE!!!!
    05-16-2011 11:59 AM
    Did that help?
    Unfortunately, No it didn't, everything you just explained I already knew. What I was asking jimski was; what were the devs doing exactly that helped the situation but at this point the consensus seems to be that it is entirely the devs fault for writing crap code for live tiles so I guess its them that need to wake up?

Edit: iirc jimski also said that some apps are so bad that only a factory reset could fix it (with a locked device) is there truth to this?
    05-16-2011 12:08 PM
    Added the info from today. MY GOD I cannot wait for this update. Its gonna be HUGE!!!!
    And it now becomes fully transparent as to why 1 GHz was mandated in the first place lol.
    05-16-2011 12:14 PM
    And it now becomes fully transparent as to why 1 GHz was mandated in the first place lol.
    for real! microsoft isn't playing games this time around (pun not intended).

threaded emails is tight!
    05-16-2011 12:43 PM
    Unfortunately, No it didn't, everything you just explained I already knew. What I was asking jimski was; what were the devs doing exactly that helped the situation but at this point the consensus seems to be that it is entirely the devs fault for writing crap code for live tiles so I guess its them that need to wake up?

Edit: iirc jimski also said that some apps are so bad that only a factory reset could fix it (with a locked device) is there truth to this?
    I have not heard of this as of yet, and I would be suprised if apps with these kind of effects were getting past Microsofts revue process. Was he talking about apps from the marketplace or ones that were sideloaded on an unlocked device?
    05-16-2011 02:42 PM
    I wish they would roll out some of these features. The phone was buggy after release with limited features. I wonder why they think they can add in a ****ton of "new" features and get it right. I see a lot of trouble ahead, after the Mango release.
    05-16-2011 02:52 PM
101 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD