New Mango features!

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Cannot wait for Messenger!!!

It will definitely be a big plus for the WP OS. The Mango update looks like it will bring Windows mobile on par with the current generation of mobile OS's, something that it took Android and iOS a few years to do, and they still don't have it exactly right. It is definitely a good time to be a Microsoft fan.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
all of this better be able to update and fast on my arrive. these features are great m$ is working hard and fast :) i cant wait to be using them on my arrive soon!

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I still hope for a true Messenger App.

3rd party messengers will be coming in floods with Mango as the necessary API's for it are part of the many they announced at MIX11. You'll see plenty of beejive type clients with logins for all the major IM platforms.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I watch music videos, but mainly I watch video gaming clips that me and my friends have posted.

ah semantics...
your answer corresponds to the question:
"What do you use YouTube for?"
While the question I asked was:
"What do you use for YouTube?"
Which, when paraphrased;
I ask what client you use for YouTube?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
3rd party messengers will be coming in floods with Mango as the necessary API's for it are part of the many they announced at MIX11. You'll see plenty of beejive type clients with logins for all the major IM platforms.

I honestly don't even use Messenger, I would much rather hope for Facebook chat either integrated as well or through the official app as that's where I really use IMing with friends.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh. I use supertub its pretty nice.
ah semantics...

your answer corresponds to the question:

"What do you use YouTube for?"

While the question I asked was:

"What do you use for YouTube?"

Which, when paraphrased;

I ask what client you use for YouTube?

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't even use Messenger, I would much rather hope for Facebook chat either integrated as well or through the official app as that's where I really use IMing with friends.

I don't doubt this is coming to MS's Facebook app (possible OS integration?). Worst case, you use a 3rd party app that does it, and does it well.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
all of this better be able to update and fast on my arrive. these features are great m$ is working hard and fast :) i cant wait to be using them on my arrive soon!

again with the M$ eh? obviously u didn't see my last post. this forum should filter that out whether than filtering out h3ll.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh. I use supertub its pretty nice.

That one does work well (I personally prefer YouTube by lazyworm, however I do not own a Bluetooth stereo headset so I wouldn't be able to test it out) does that app not work with bluetooth headsets?

I don't doubt this is coming to MS's Facebook app (possible OS integration?). Worst case, you use a 3rd party app that does it, and does it well.

It would be nice to have it integrated but within the Facebook app itself would be nice too now that multi-tasking is coming.

again with the M$ eh? obviously u didn't see my last post. this forum should filter that out whether than filtering out h3ll.

Using $ to abbreviate any S within a name that is related with American capitalism is a total fail.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Neither does lazyworm. Idk what the deal is.

Hmm... I wonder if there's a certain API that Google doesn't give out to independent devs that allows for that... I don't think thats the case though as the whole audio thing would be a local on device issue I think...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
reply from lazyworm dev on the "bluetooth issue"

Neither does lazyworm. Idk what the deal is.

This is the reply to the email I sent lazyworm support...

"Hi Luis

Sorry, but I’m afraid I don’t have the answer for this one. We haven’t tried with any Bluetooth devices. If we get our hands on a set we’ll be sure to test it out. If it’s a software issue that we can control, then hopefully we’ll be able to fix it, if not, we may have to wait for Microsoft to address it. Sorry I cant’ be more help.

Cheers"

Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:00 PM
To: Lazyworm Devs
Subject: Just wondering

What's the whole deal with Bluetooth stereo headsets not working with YouTube videos? (this isn't just your app its also SuperTube and the Microsoft plugin) I don't really use stereo Bluetooth headsets cuz I like rockin the little earbuds lol but I have a friend that does use em and I just wanted to clarify that with an actual dev...

Sent from my Windows Phone

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess so. Like I said its just my opinion. Windows phone isn't about Xbox, its a phone, which means anybody including say, PS3 fanatics, can get one, more Xbox Live integration means more menu to go through or options to pick which makes things complicated, if they just want it for a phone it could turn them off of Xbox even more. I'm sure Microsoft would want the exact opposite. However the way things are, Xbox kicks royal ***, Sony sucks donkey balls so **** PS3 and here's to hoping they do expand on that integration! :D

I know what you're saying about keeping it simple and quick, but would allowing for voice communication make it even more simple and continue with the in and out strategy that m$ (oh no... not again!) has? Being able to send my response by voice would be a lot quicker than typing out the message.

I can quickly say "Get the gang together so we can play some call of duty tonight around 9:30pm" a lot faster than typing that out... and I type very fast.

i can't tell you how glad i am that i went with xbox vs. ps3. i just got a console in September/October... my last being 10+ years ago with ps1.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
why en cojos do you say M$ instead of MS? its MS NOT M$!!!!

because it's not illegal too :straight:

good point.

bad point.

why not contribute to the thread rather than being the dollar sign police? lol :rolleyes:

Using $ to abbreviate any S within a name that is related with American capitalism is a total fail.

fail would be to @$$ume that it is being used to relate to american capitalism rather than a person just wanting/love to use it.

why does it bother people so much that someone chooses to use a $ instead of an S?

"The free communication of ideas and opinions is one of the most precious of the rights of man. Every citizen may, accordingly, speak, write, and print with freedom, but shall be responsible for such abuses of this freedom as shall be defined by law."

"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."

--------------------------------------------
back on topic... Turn by Turn is what I am excited about, the most. Multitasking comes in a close second. It's a need for me whereas Multitasking is a want.

i am more excited about this platform than any of the others i'm currently using.

i honestly can't wait for Nokia devices to start hitting AT&T shelves. although i barely use my camera, when i do, i want it to work well.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
i didnt mean anything by putting "M$" i have pc a zune a xbox a windows phone if anything im the reason why MS is making all the $ lol

ANYWAYS

i really hope this update is available by summer... maybe theyll announce a date and what not at there up and coming event this month?... i man can dream right?...

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
i didnt mean anything by putting "M$" i have pc a zune a xbox a windows phone if anything im the reason why MS is making all the $ lol

ANYWAYS

i really hope this update is available by summer... maybe theyll announce a date and what not at there up and coming event this month?... i man can dream right?...

Unfortunately I think the only thing we will see is Mango released for developers by this summer and then sometime this fall/winter a release onto existing handsets. This would corrospond with the next wave fo WP handsets running mango.

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
While a true windows live messenger app is pretty high on my list, true multitasking ranks a bit above it, in interested to see how its implemented on the phone, coming from a BB I has a side key set to the app swapper... Most of these phones don't have that, so will it be a long press on the windows key with an option to select task manager? That would be easiest to do in my head.

Voice messages would be nice to see in xbl bit not a requirement. More speed out of that app is what I would like to see... Extras shouldn't be extras, should be built in.

Edit: excuse the bad grammar and spelling, posting from my phone and failing at it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss