New Mango features!

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I know what you're saying about keeping it simple and quick, but would allowing for voice communication make it even more simple and continue with the in and out strategy that m$ (oh no... not again!) has? Being able to send my response by voice would be a lot quicker than typing out the message.

I can quickly say "Get the gang together so we can play some call of duty tonight around 9:30pm" a lot faster than typing that out... and I type very fast.

i can't tell you how glad i am that i went with xbox vs. ps3. i just got a console in September/October... my last being 10+ years ago with ps1.

Well with voice dictation coming to the keyboard I'm sure it'll make things easier.

bad point.

Actually I directed my "good point" remark to the part where he said "its MS not M$" because that is a good point, it is a fact that an abbreviation for Microsoft is MS and not M$. Now it doesn't mean that you can't use it you can do whatever you damn well please, and there is a chance that someone out there originally used the M$ abbreviation as a pun intended for them being extremely money hungry.

i really hope this update is available by summer... maybe they'll announce a date and what not at there up and coming event this month?... i man can dream right?...

I also hope they could release a more solid date even if its just a month that they give it'll give us a good time frame of when they'll be releasing it.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Well with voice dictation coming to the keyboard I'm sure it'll make things easier.

that would be awesome.

Actually I directed my "good point" remark to the part where he said "its MS not M$" because that is a good point, it is a fact that an abbreviation for Microsoft is MS and not M$. Now it doesn't mean that you can't use it you can do whatever you damn well please, and there is a chance that someone out there originally used the M$ abbreviation as a pun intended for them being extremely money hungry.

i'm sure you're right that there are people (mostly ps3/mac fanboys) that do that, but i'm pro MS ;) ... i just think the $ sign is cool. i sometimes do the same with my my name as it starts with an S as well.

I also hope they could release a more solid date even if its just a month that they give it'll give us a good time frame of when they'll be releasing it.

a month would be great, but if they don't make they cut, i see a lot of people getting mad/upset.

i wouldn't mind if they decided to have a open/closed beta for updates like motorola has been doing with the atrix.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I personally would want to see public transit directions integrated into bing like it currently is on the Google maps app for WM. I too am also counting on a summer release instead of fall for 2 reasons which are 1. I want to enjoy it without school work interfering and vice versa 2. I want to see it before I get older.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I personally would want to see public transit directions integrated into bing like it currently is on the Google maps app for WM. I too am also counting on a summer release instead of fall for 2 reasons which are 1. I want to enjoy it without school work interfering and vice versa 2. I want to see it before I get older.

Lol... agreed :D

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
On a less Mango-y note I finally got the 7392 update... Well the notification at least, I gotta wait to get to my desktop to update it... Dang speaking of mango I hope that they can implement OTA updates after mango, looking at it from here, I'm not sure updates after mango are even gonna be that big anymore. Make a manual backup feature available through Zune and all future patch updates (that's probably all they're really gonna be) OTA.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
On a less Mango-y note I finally got the 7392 update... Well the notification at least, I gotta wait to get to my desktop to update it... Dang speaking of mango I hope that they can implement OTA updates after mango, looking at it from here, I'm not sure updates after mango are even gonna be that big anymore. Make a manual backup feature available through Zune and all future patch updates (that's probably all they're really gonna be) OTA.

I am hoping that Microsoft does not let WP stagnate the way Google has with Android and Apple with iOS. Some updates should be OTA but at least 1 or 2 a year should be major updates requiring connection to a PC. Security fixes and the like should always be OTA in order to protect a maximum amount of users as fast as possible.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I thought mango was given to devoplers already? I guess if its not that's what this event is for in like two weeks. then it should only be a month or two until its finalized and given to the carriers and who effing knows when they'll decide to give it out maybe they'll give it to us on Zune instead or if there smart both. They need to work fast im glad there is more features then just the big ones they've announced its good there also focusing on functionality

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought mango was given to devoplers already? I guess if its not that's what this event is for in like two weeks. then it should only be a month or two until its finalized and given to the carriers and who effing knows when they'll decide to give it out maybe they'll give it to us on Zune instead or if there smart both. They need to work fast im glad there is more features then just the big ones they've announced its good there also focusing on functionality

Nope, Mango hasn't been given to anyone yet. And the event on the 24th says that it is for an advnaced preview of the Mango update, and does not mention it being released to developers yet. If they don't release it to developers on the 24th, or shortly after, I would be greatly suprised. Microsoft needs to get this update out early enough to allow developers time to build apps to take advantage of the new features on day 1 of the launch.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping that Microsoft does not let WP stagnate the way Google has with Android and Apple with iOS. Some updates should be OTA but at least 1 or 2 a year should be major updates requiring connection to a PC. Security fixes and the like should always be OTA in order to protect a maximum amount of users as fast as possible.

Yeah I hear you on the stagnating updates deal, I actually feel the exact same way in that one or two updates a year should be major requiring a PC, but c'mon a security patch? well I'm updating as I type but it would've been nice to have been able to do something like that OTA.

That's true becuz this is a biggg update **** I hope they surprise us or something

I Agree lol but I doubt they're going to surprises us with anything anymore given that all these leaks have come out haha... just more like "officially announcing" the features.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I hear you on the stagnating updates deal, I actually feel the exact same way in that one or two updates a year should be major requiring a PC, but c'mon a security patch? well I'm updating as I type but it would've been nice to have been able to do something like that OTA.

I Agree lol but I doubt they're going to surprises us with anything anymore given that all these leaks have come out haha... just more like "officially announcing" the features.
i'm hoping that would be a reason for them to add a special surprise for us, because everything they'll be announcing has already leaked. lol.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just added all the new leaked information from today. This is stacking up to be one awesome update. I haven't seen this much stuff in one update since.....well I haven't..can't wait for this fall.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm really excited about the new leaked information from today like @jeffdunn2010 said. Facebook/AIM/MSN chat support built into the OS is really cool. Here's hoping it's similar to BlackBerry's BBM service where you're always signed in and because it uses Push battery life doesn't ever suffer (whether or not WP7 will use push I don't know).

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Nothing jaw dropping. Just more of the expected.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

You mean more of the "Hoped For" right. Up until now it was all hoped for, but nothing was concrete yet, and really still isn't until it is made official by Microsoft.

I am especially happy about the group messaging and messenger integration.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd say the amount of features already leaked is pretty jaw dropping. Even though we were hoping for all of it, the fact that pretty much everything we have been missing is coming in one fell swoop is impressive.

And we still have more to hear.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I still find it somewhat troubling that there has been no info on the Live Tiles issue. I'm hoping that with the deep linking tiles we will have a larger limit as well as the constipation issue somehow cures itself.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I still find it somewhat troubling that there has been no info on the Live Tiles issue. I'm hoping that with the deep linking tiles we will have a larger limit as well as the constipation issue somehow cures itself.

Are you referring to the limit on the number of apps that can run live tiles. I think the current limit is 15 but with Mango it is supposed to go up to 30. Not sure where I heard this from though. On another note if you watch the videos from MIX '11 there is alot of talk about upcoming live tile features at one point in the video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05