New Mango features!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
True. I'm just waiting for milti-tasking. I don't mind playing the waiting game. The phone is awesome right now as is.
You mean more of the "Hoped For" right. Up until now it was all hoped for, but nothing was concrete yet, and really still isn't until it is made official by Microsoft.

I am especially happy about the group messaging and messenger integration.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know why there's a limit to start?
Are you referring to the limit on the number of apps that can run live tiles. I think the current limit is 15 but with Mango it is supposed to go up to 30. Not sure where I heard this from though. On another note if you watch the videos from MIX '11 there is alot of talk about upcoming live tile features at one point in the video.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I still find it somewhat troubling that there has been no info on the Live Tiles issue. I'm hoping that with the deep linking tiles we will have a larger limit as well as the constipation issue somehow cures itself.

Getting closer to understanding this issue although still no simple solution. I have shared my findings with 6 live tile app developers, 5 that are contributing to the constipation issue and 1 that is not. Maybe we can come up with a consensus as to what is going on. If Microsoft won't do anything, maybe the developers can.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So jimski what exactly is it that's going on?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

While I am not Jimski, I can tell you what is going on.

Some developers are writing sloppy code. There is a limit of 15 live tiles on the start screen right now for Windows Phone 7. In the Mango release it will be set at 30. When a live tile is added to the start screen it is added to this number up until 15 are reached, Microsoft stock apps do not count towards this total. When a live tile is deleted from the home screen it is supposed to be deleted from this list. Some apps are not releasing themselves from this list and therefore have to be deleted to be taken off of the list. It is kinda technical, but in the end it is not Microsoft's fault but the developers who are to blame.

Did that help?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did that help?
Unfortunately, No it didn't, everything you just explained I already knew. What I was asking jimski was; what were the devs doing exactly that helped the situation but at this point the consensus seems to be that it is entirely the devs fault for writing crap code for live tiles so I guess its them that need to wake up?

Edit: iirc jimski also said that some apps are so bad that only a factory reset could fix it (with a locked device) is there truth to this?

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, No it didn't, everything you just explained I already knew. What I was asking jimski was; what were the devs doing exactly that helped the situation but at this point the consensus seems to be that it is entirely the devs fault for writing crap code for live tiles so I guess its them that need to wake up?

Edit: iirc jimski also said that some apps are so bad that only a factory reset could fix it (with a locked device) is there truth to this?

I have not heard of this as of yet, and I would be suprised if apps with these kind of effects were getting past Microsofts revue process. Was he talking about apps from the marketplace or ones that were sideloaded on an unlocked device?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I wish they would roll out some of these features. The phone was buggy after release with limited features. I wonder why they think they can add in a ****ton of "new" features and get it right. I see a lot of trouble ahead, after the Mango release.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I wish they would roll out some of these features. The phone was buggy after release with limited features. I wonder why they think they can add in a ****ton of "new" features and get it right. I see a lot of trouble ahead, after the Mango release.

you have got to be the mist pessimistic and skeptical person on here. just relax vale?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just being real. Phone was buggy as **** when released. Maybe you're just overly supportive. *shrugs*
you have got to be the mist pessimistic and skeptical person on here. just relax vale?
Initial realease, buggy. Pre-NoDo update release, buggy. NoDo update, buggy. History teaches us lessons. Only if you're willing to learn though.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just being real. Phone was buggy as **** when released. Maybe you're just overly supportive. *shrugs*

Initial realease, buggy. Pre-NoDo update release, buggy. NoDo update, buggy. History teaches us lessons. Only if you're willing to learn though.

One thing is for sure, if Microsoft announces all these features and then fails to deliver there will be huge backlash. I think that is why we don't have a firm release date yet. MS is making sure that the Mango release is completely finished and bug free as much as possible before it is released. At least I hope so.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us

I don't remember most of these bugs. The OS wasn't feature complete, but it wasn't "buggy."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6