Bing Wallpaper

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
It's not possible right now. But the Microsoft news app let you download pictures and use them as your wallpaper. They look kinda terrible though.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Yes. There's a program called "Bing Wallpaper" (that is not free, unfortunately) that does exactly that - it lets you browse recent Bing Wallpapers and save them to your phone to use as your wallpaper. Right now, I have the Momma Bear with Cubs from yesterday or the day before set as my wallpaper. All the wallpapers look GREAT, but some of them are too light in color to allow you to see text on your lockscreen.

TheJerm0034

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping for this exact app, but it seems that currently there is no way for a app to set your wallpaper. The best you could hope for is a app that automatically downloads the Bing image everyday, and then you would have to manually set that as your wallpaper.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The Mango feature of setting the current artist image as the wallpaper will be cool, but other options would be great too.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
^ I hope it will look as cool as it does on Xbox/PC. With the different phones and the gradients and what not. The background picture is cool but is just one picture and it looks kinda blurry.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
when Mango is released, the developers of apps that download Bing pictures will have the ability to automatically add them as a wallpaper. That api is not currently avaliable to them.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So what I thought would be cool was if the image of the day could automatically be set as my wallpaper...Is this possible?
Check out the "Insider" app by Microsoft in Marketplace. It allow you to download the most recent Bing image to your phone. Of course it's not automatic, but it's still great.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Bing2Wall also downloads images of the day to your phone. Bing Pictures Downloader does the same but with the landscape versions of the Image of the Day. Both are free and allow you to view images from Bing sites around the world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb