If Mango fails will you keep it or ditch it???

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
As stupid as it sounds, I did purchase WP7 with the requirement that Copy and Paste would be coming sooner rather than later. AT&T told me January 2011, and we all know that was a lie, but I have it now. All is well.

Also, I choose my technology based upon how dedicated the company is to supporting it. If Microsoft told me tomorrow that they will never be releasing another update, I would likely move to another platform. Without growth, the platform will die, developers won't code for it, and WP7 would become a shadow to it's competition. It's the very reason I ditched webOS for Windows Phone. I took a gamble expecting Microsoft to provide heavy support for WP7. So far I am pleased.

Exactly, I was interested in WP7 when it came out but what make me decide to get it was the Mango update. I was going to wait to the Nokia Phones but couldn't wait any second longer.

PS: I haven't seen Tails in days, is there anything I should know Eggman? >_>

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Well Mango is a big deal certainly. I do not yet have a WP, and am waiting for Mango and the new fall wave of devices. Though the reason I am waiting is because of a combination of stupid things. First, MS not having CDMA compatability out of the box. Second, Sprint getting a bad device. So, I am forced into waiting until Mango. But really, all of my family has Windows Phones now and I would gladly take one as is, I am perfectly happy with the OS. Alot better than my BB Tour at any rate!

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think NoDo is the operating system I've been looking for. Any other features are just icing on the cake. I don't think WP7 is behind feature wise and I wouldn't jump ship whether we saw half the features. Just keep my performance and battery life the same and I'm happy.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
And I don't even see this coming close to happening... How many companies announce features and not deliver? When it gets delivered... that's a different story.

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
PS: I haven't seen Tails in days, is there anything I should know Eggman? >_>

He was too slow. Mine now. Mwahaha.

Does anyone know if Mango will have support for multiple Google calendars? My workaround is functional, but of all the wishes Mango is granting for me, multiple Google calendars is still on that list.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I just hope AT&T will carry the Nokia phones. It seems like in the past that Nokia has had a rough time getting any traction in the US with a smartphone, but at the same time, AT&T seems to be embracing WP, so.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I just hope AT&T will carry the Nokia phones. It seems like in the past that Nokia has had a rough time getting any traction in the US with a smartphone, but at the same time, AT&T seems to be embracing WP, so.

As long as Nokia makes a phone that uses the AT&T bands, then screw the Death Star if they refuse to do the right thing.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
As long as Nokia makes a phone that uses the AT&T bands, then screw the Death Star if they refuse to do the right thing.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
Amen. I don't care if it is a gussied-up N8, I want Nokia hardware this year. Fix the lens cover so it doesn't scratch the lens, maybe upgrade that screen to 4" and I'll be a pretty happy camper.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
AT&T carried the most Nokia devices back in the day, if I remember correctly. AT&T also had the more high-end ones like the E71x and others.

The N8 was supposed to come to AT&T, but the deal fell through. It even went to Rogers that has the same 3G bands.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
Depends on what's available. As the current line up of "smartphones" stand, I won't. There's nothing out there that grabs my attention or would be that much of an improvement, except that 4.5" Samsung Android phone. But I'll wait for 2nd Gen hardware to be showcased.

Is it the screen that attracts you? If so, I don't get it. I want a phone that I can slip into a pocket and have it disappear. I'm excited for the Veer for that exact reason. If I want a monster screen, I'll use my iPad. Feel free to ignore this post if you are excited for some other reason. :)

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us

The only nokias I've seen in the US came from some of my European friends. Even back in the day, before iOS hit the scene, Symbian was cludgy. I maintain that Nokia became popular for their dumbphones, and their smartphone success was due to brand name awareness.

luky7evens

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I just go my phone and I have used every other OS out there and I got to say in it current condition I love it. Yes it could use a couple of things for cool factor but other than that I love they way it works and anything added is just bonus now.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm on this platform till Nov 2012... for better or worse. At that time, I'm going to look at the market and whatever excites me is what wins. When wp7 came out, it was the most elegant phone OS I'd seen to that point, and I haven't really seen anything to change my mind thus far.

As a bonus, I'm a .net developer and I've been working on some apps.

I agree. Plus, by the time my contract is up (in 3 yrs), the software will be as mature (if not more mature) as these other platforms. Also, the phone does what I want it to do for me now, so having these updates are only bonuses for me. I'll be keeping it.:happy:

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I like the OS a lot MS did a stand up job on it. With that said I bought into it knowing it was first gen both on the OS and the device. If the second gen devices are really good...LOOKING AT YOU NOKIA...I'l buy another one. It will not be another HTC HD7 though i love the big 4.3 screen the volume issue for me is the most annoying issue with this device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro