If Mango fails will you keep it or ditch it???

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Alot appears to be coming with Mango and thats great but what if say only 50% of what is said actually comes with Mango. Will you keep WP7 for another year in hopes it will catch up with the rest of the OSs or will you ditch it for something better??

My view is if Mango does not catch WP7 up with the other OSs then I have basically wasted a year of my time that I could have used another OS that gave me what I wanted so.... I will ditch it if Mango does not produce. What will you do?

Maybe WPcentral can run a pole that may show Microsoft how important Mango is. Maybe?????

Samsteele

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm a simple man, I bought the phone because I liked it not based on future promises, everything else is just icing on the cake.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what's available. As the current line up of "smartphones" stand, I won't. There's nothing out there that grabs my attention or would be that much of an improvement, except that 4.5" Samsung Android phone. But I'll wait for 2nd Gen hardware to be showcased.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
WP7 or nothing. Cant see myself using anything else on the market so unless they actually completely stop developing the OS I'll continue to use it, even if I'm the last WP7 user.

Last edited:

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm on this platform till Nov 2012... for better or worse. At that time, I'm going to look at the market and whatever excites me is what wins. When wp7 came out, it was the most elegant phone OS I'd seen to that point, and I haven't really seen anything to change my mind thus far.

As a bonus, I'm a .net developer and I've been working on some apps.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
First, I have a hard time seeing MS showcase all these new features and then totally failing to deliver. That being said, I have a hard time seeing myself moving away from the WP platform for quite awhile regardless of the completeness of the Mango update.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm committed to whichever platform delivers the best experience combined with the best data plans/price. Right now that's WP7 on Sprint for me. Mango will just be icing on the cake and hopefully mainstream Windows Phone in the process.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well given the fact that the features that WERE confirmed at MIX are enticing enough these "leaks" really truly are just "icing". So even if 50% of the leaks are true that'll still just make it that much better...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Dare I say, Mango has gotten to be TOO big!!! Like jalb said, if the 50% is the most important part then I can wait a few more months for the other features.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
WP7 I'm satisfied with NoDo. I can ride it for a while. However, I'm not worried, they will deliver.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm a simple man, I bought the phone because I liked it not based on future promises, everything else is just icing on the cake.

QFT!

I will never get a device that I'm not currently happy with and only bought because of promised features (leaked or official). Everything Mango is said to bring is just icing on the cake for me.

So even if 10% comes out, I'm sticking with WP7. Of course, I'm not one to talk being that I have every OS out (except Symbian). The Focus is my primary device.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
MS already knows how important Mango is and I have very little doubt that they'll deliver. That said, like most others who posted, I've already played with the others and I chose WP7 not on the possibility that it'd get better fast, but on the fact that it does what it does with the possibility of growing eventually. I don't need all of Mango to come in one wave in order to keep me with WP, but the fact that so much is coming in Mango only makes me love the OS more.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
another silly thread. I can totally see MS delivering some of these features during a summer update or the rest during the fall
or maybe even all at once in the summer or fall who knows? but the truth will soon be known next Tuesday at the mango event. im also confident and willing to bet that there will be even more features announced and confirmed. im sticking with wp7 regardless.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I would be disappointed yes but I just can't go back to icons son. When I look at other smartphones I feel like they are from 1999.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site

THIS... I went WP7 because I liked what it had to offer at this time. Anything they can add to it down the line is just a bonus that validates my choice all the more.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I want them to announce a date for Mango and actually deliver it on that time. If i have to wait on ATT with my HTC like I did (surround) I'll probably go back to my Iphone 4.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I want them to announce a date for Mango and actually deliver it on that time. If i have to wait on ATT with my HTC like I did (surround) I'll probably go back to my Iphone 4.
They won't be announcing a date for Mango's release. Given the way things shaped up with NoDo what they're highly likely to do is announce the date that they'll be passing the completed update on over to carriers for them to start testing it, then tell everyone that they'll keep us posted through the "where's my update?" page. Of course unsubsidized devices would get it at that point instead of having to wait for carriers approval. Its basically the same **** that happened with NoDo except this time they'll have better prepared speeches to give the consumers and they'll know exactly what time to give those speeches so that it seems more productive than NoDo. Either that or they don't announce any date at all and once the final carrier approves, they can just say "alright guys its ready you'll be getting it within the next few days" and start a worldwide simultaneous rollout (this second one seems far less likely though)

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

As stupid as it sounds, I did purchase WP7 with the requirement that Copy and Paste would be coming sooner rather than later. AT&T told me January 2011, and we all know that was a lie, but I have it now. All is well.

Also, I choose my technology based upon how dedicated the company is to supporting it. If Microsoft told me tomorrow that they will never be releasing another update, I would likely move to another platform. Without growth, the platform will die, developers won't code for it, and WP7 would become a shadow to it's competition. It's the very reason I ditched webOS for Windows Phone. I took a gamble expecting Microsoft to provide heavy support for WP7. So far I am pleased.

Samsteele

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
As stupid as it sounds, I did purchase WP7 with the requirement that Copy and Paste would be coming sooner rather than later. AT&T told me January 2011, and we all know that was a lie, but I have it now. All is well.

Also, I choose my technology based upon how dedicated the company is to supporting it. If Microsoft told me tomorrow that they will never be releasing another update, I would likely move to another platform. Without growth, the platform will die, developers won't code for it, and WP7 would become a shadow to it's competition. It's the very reason I ditched webOS for Windows Phone. I took a gamble expecting Microsoft to provide heavy support for WP7. So far I am pleased.

Doesn't sound stupid at all, makes perfect sense, We all buy products with certain expectations of some kind. To say I was a "Simple man" may have been a little bit of a lie, as the reason I left my Blackberry was because I felt I wasn't getting the support (Storm 2 not going OS6) from BB for a fairly new device.
But I bought my WP for the original concept of it, and I'm also extremely happy with amount of support Microsoft have given and are going to give.

I believe all early adopters of WP probably took a gamble but I think we will be rewarded.

I'm sorry I lied about being a "Simple man" LOL:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077