Music + Video tile...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else noticing that the artist images displayed on the tile are being changed. I noticed this today. It use to display the same photo over and over, and today, I noticed it being different.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It changes, but the same artists from yesterday, is now showing a different photo on the home screen. First time I've seen this happen. Not all of the photos have changed though.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I think the album art comes from that artists latest release. So you might see a pic change if they just had a new release. At least, that's my best guess.

MadGaffler

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I wish they just showed the actual album art or I could choose between the two. Its stupid that if the artist isn't supported in Zune you don't get anything and why cant the playlist tile be a mosaic of the albums in the playlist kinda like the people tile

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I really like this feature. It's better than just seeing album covers or a blank background. It's one of those small things that impresses me with WP7.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah one of my favorite bands' image was changed... Pretty cool hopefully they're revamping the images and such in the Zune catalog/library.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I see screenshots with images in the Music +Video tile, but mine has never shown any. I don't know why.
I noticed there was no image showing after a hard reset till I streamed something through Zune. Then that bands photo popped up on the tile.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I noticed there was no image showing after a hard reset till I streamed something through Zune. Then that bands photo popped up on the tile.

Yeah. It has to pull down "background artist images" from Zune services before it kicks in.

awarner

May 19, 2011
Visit site
You do not need to stream through Zune the image will be taken from your music collection, I'm not sure how often the image will refresh when you play something different as ther are no settings for this.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The image isn't from the music collection. I don't have any of these images in my phone, and it's not album covers images.
You do not need to stream through Zune the image will be taken from your music collection, I'm not sure how often the image will refresh when you play something different as ther are no settings for this.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My tile seems a little random. Sometimes it will switch to the latest artist I've played, but sometimes it sticks on one artist for a few days, even though it isn't the last artist I've played. But my guess that this is more an issue of finicky live tiles.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, if you don't go into the actual Music tile and change the songs, it'll stay the same. If you use the mini controls, it won't change. I hope MS updates this.
My tile seems a little random. Sometimes it will switch to the latest artist I've played, but sometimes it sticks on one artist for a few days, even though it isn't the last artist I've played. But my guess that this is more an issue of finicky live tiles.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Whatever the issue with the way the Music tile updates, don't confuse it with the issues that all third party push/live tiles have. All the built-in app tiles work totally independently of the push channel on your device so are not part of the 15 (30 with Mango) live tile count, etc. I am sure Microsoft worked some elaborate algorithm for the Music tile. We just don't know what it is.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else having the issue post nodo where the track shown in Zune history isn't the currently playing track but something you played earlier and sometimes nothing all? This happens to me all the time and its been driving me nuts.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I like it. It looks really fancy. I never know who it is though, I have no idea what most musicians look like, lol.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
mine seems to pick randomly from among the artists i have loaded onto the phone. it'll stay on one artist for a while, then jump to another one after a few days (or hours)... sometimes it seems to be related to what i've been listening to, other times, not so much... it's neat even though it seems a bit hard to figure out the logic it's using.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb