Music + Video tile...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
it's neat even though it seems a bit hard to figure out the logic it's using.
It pulls an artists picture from Zune marketplace, whatever the current artist is, is what it shows but it seems that it won't change if you don't go into the music app to change it. There are however some artists that Zune doesn't have the background to so it'll stay on the previously played artists picture. An example is; I'll listen to Megadeth and it'll show Dave Mustaine's face (lead singer for those of you who may not know) then I'll listen to Katy Perry and a picture of her holding an umbrella pops up. I then switch it up to Infected Mushroom but for some shocking reason they have no background for them (I would figure that they're actually pretty famous given the number of successful albums they have out) so while I'm listening to infected mushroom it shows Katy Perry's picture lol. As far as i know, I only have two artists which Zune doesn't have the background to, and that's pretty much what happens when I go from listening to a known artist to them, it stays on the previous artist background. What I thought this thread was started for was that artists WITH backgrounds, were getting a new background for them which I noticed one or two in my library actually did get new background art.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I listen to too many bands that dont' have their pictures in the Zune marketplace....even if their music is in the marketplace. I wonder who's responsible for putting those pictures in there? The artists? Also some of their are super super old....

Anyways, it may not be changing if the artists picture isn't available.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I listen to too many bands that dont' have their pictures in the Zune marketplace....even if their music is in the marketplace. I wonder who's responsible for putting those pictures in there? The artists? Also some of their are super super old....

It's not. It uses the art of the last artist it had art for until an artist it has art for is played. This has been the same since before Nodo as well.

And low quality photos really do suck. Going from Rhianna (probably my favorite photo so far) to The Arcade Fire (disappointing given how good it looks on the tile) is kinda depressing. I can't imagine this is the sort of thing that will get fixed any time soon.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's not. It uses the art of the last artist it had art for until an artist it has art for is played. This has been the same since before Nodo as well.

I think it's the last artist it has played with the app open. It doesn't seem to change if I have it on shuffle and it's in the background or behind the lock screen.

drunkard

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine has NEVER shown me an artist album art cover, and I have music on the phone with album art. I do not have a Zune Pass, not available in Canada.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine has NEVER shown me an artist album art cover, and I have music on the phone with album art. I do not have a Zune Pass, not available in Canada.
Can you get a 30 second sample of a song. I did that before setting up Zune Pass (after a hard reset) and the art changed.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I think it's the last artist it has played with the app open. It doesn't seem to change if I have it on shuffle and it's in the background or behind the lock screen.
Correct. This is what I was thinking when I made my above post, but I worded it incorrectly.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

it should be pulling from the allmusic database, but zune doesn't seem to update as fast as they do, or is looking for specific sized pictures, as some of the indie artists i have are in the db, but don't pull up for artist backgrounds (but the zune desktop software shows their image)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just checked the allmusic site and went to a few artists, then view their images. The ones they have available doesn't match what's showing on my phone.
it should be pulling from the allmusic database, but zune doesn't seem to update as fast as they do, or is looking for specific sized pictures, as some of the indie artists i have are in the db, but don't pull up for artist backgrounds (but the zune desktop software shows their image)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Someone must have changed the refresh rates. Quite a few of my artists background images has changed again. Last change was ~ two weeks ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte