Metro UI

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see much on Microsoft's new design scheme by way of search so I thought I'd post this article: The principles of Microsoft Metro UI decoded | RIAGENIC.com

It's a bit hard to read due to all the bad grammar, spelling, and punctuation, but it has lots of interesting info nonetheless.

Definitely a new experience seeing MSFT as a trend setter in design. They usually get bashed for being the opposite. Someone here said that WP7 could be on its way to becoming the OSX of mobile. That could be true.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Their recent designs have been top notch, and to me much more beautiful than Apples while remaining more professional looking at the same time (Windows Phone, Zune Player/Desktop, iPad Bing App, the latest Screenshots of Windows 8 for Tablets ect). The way they are going is very exciting to me, and Metro influence along my desktop/tablet/phone/xbox will be quite the sight to behold.

Check out this link to the latest shots of Moorea (new Office App) on Windows 8 tablet interface. The look is amazing (screenshots show app inside windows Aero frames, but is only being designed on a desktop, so the tablet wouldn't be windowed or in borders):

http://microsoft-news.com/moorea-the-first-tablet-optimized-windows-8-office-app-pictured/

Reactions: ikkf

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for 2 years from now when Windows 8, Office, Xbox 360 and WP7 all have Metro. It's one of the simplest, yet flashiest interfaces out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit