What Are The Restrictions?

Nickerz

Apr 13, 2008
Visit site
I had a WM device and moved to a BlackBerry. I'm considering other OS' such as Android but I want to take a closer look at WM with 7.0 available. I heard when WM first came out it had restrictions like copy & paste but then I read this was going to be available earlier this year.

Also, I was watching a Youtube video today that showed you couldn't compose a new email and attach a Word, Excel, PDF file - only pics!? What the hey? The only way to attach these type of files is to open the file itself and select send email. So if you want to add another attachment, you can't. This is definitely a deal breaker for me. I hope this is already fixed or will be soon. But things like this don't make any sense to me. WM went on a kind of quite hiatus and I thought they would come back stronger and better but have really disappointed me. I would love to come back to WM just so that I can use all of MS Outlook exactly the way I use it on my PC. BlackBerry does a really good job with this but they don't carry over any formatting of text (it's all plain text) and they truncate the some of the data which annoys me.

So I would love some honest feed back about WM today and where it will be later this year.

Can someone give me a brief list of the major Cons of WM? Include Pros too but I think I'm aware of the Pros. Just have to see if the Cons outweigh the Pros or not.

Thanks in advance!

awarner

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Not all the Mango features are in the list ;-)
Interesting list of fixes though, some have been addressed in NoDo but over all a good compilation.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Not all the Mango features are in the list ;-)
Interesting list of fixes though, some have been addressed in NoDo but over all a good compilation.

If there are features in mango that I have neglected to put in the list let me know and I will add them. I need to have an article or verifiable link in order to add them though as hearsay doesn't count in my book :D

Nickerz

Apr 13, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the links! wow...I need to get caught up with my WP lingo though. Mango and stuff is like speaking a foreign language to a BlackBerry guy.

I found this article that came out today discussing Mango and rumors about WP 8.0!?

Article Link:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss