Help with E-mail account

RosscoPeecho

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what the problem is or why it occurred but recently my email account for my college email address just ceased to run properly. I've edited the settings a million times and even have the same settings as my girlfriend albeit on her iPhone but I used those settings (I set them on her phone) on my phone originally.

I get an error code 8004005 and haven't been able to find anything about it. There's just no reason for it to stop working like this.

Sorry if this is the wrong section and thanks for help in advance.

Oh yeah I have an HTC Arrive if that'll help.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have had an account popup errors, telling me the password was incorrect even though it was. Deleted the mail account and started over, then everything started working. Aside from having to renter the credentials, not a big deal. I WOLLwouldstart with the default settings and see how that goes.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Also try checking with your college tech help and seeing if they might have changed any settings that would keep you from accessing the account from the phone. Hopefully it is as simple as just reseting the account on your phone.

RosscoPeecho

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've deleted and created a new account with as many changes that could have possibly effected the account. Nothing has worked and it just keeps giving me that error. Makes no sense.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You may have to ask your college tech department to see if they have done anything to the account, or if port #'s ect changed. Or if there is something that would keep you from accessing it properly on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett