Enterprise use

mcetlinski

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been watching WP7 with much interest for a while. I am a programmer and also manage the IT infrastructure for my company. I am curious to see what everyone here has to say about the OS in its current form in the enterprise environment. All OS's can thrive in the normal world but few can truly thrive in the business space. Currently for security and single platform support we are on blackberry. As a .Net developer I am beyond excited for the prospects of rolling out solid business apps on this platform. As the primary decision maker for technologies at my company I want to change put cant do it until I am sure that the OS is at least ready to test in my environment without causing any executives to be frustrated.

With that said what are your thoughts?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Fast, productive, secure, and stable not that the OS is productive but that I am more productive when using it. With all the added benefits of windows live and MS office I am able to do more and have more options on how I get things done

mcetlinski

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Knowing that the mix of exchange 07 active sync and WP7 does not support Outlook memo and task synchronization are there currently any apps that sync OTA to fill that void? I know that those are two fairly minor inconveniences for some but for some of my executives it is a major miss. Just trying to see if the time is right for me to start testing the platform myself since VZW finally is releasing the Trophy.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Several third party apps to sync Exchange tasks, but I have not seen anything for notes. OneNote, which syncs quite well with OneNote 10, is considered the alternative. There are also a few notes apps out there that sync with the Cloud (generally Dropbox) and they do a good job of maintaining short lists and notes for me.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro