I am thinking about making my first WP7 purchase and I thought this would be the place to come ask a few questions. First of all, I have never owned a WP7 device though I have played around with a few in the at&t store. If I like what i hear, I will probably purchase the HD7S when it is released. I followed the preview of "Mango" today and liked what i seen. So here are my questions. Does everyone like their Windows Phone? Does it have the Zune music store on it like apple has iTunes on their iPhone?
    05-24-2011 07:27 PM
    Windows Phone 7 Rocks and it Rocks with Zune and the Zune Music Store. I recommend the Zune Pass best easies to use music option I have seen.
    05-24-2011 07:45 PM
    My HTC Arrive on Sprint is awesome and WP7 provides the best mobile experience imo, which will only get better with Mango. If Sprint offered an HD7S I'd be all over it. Try it out and if you don't like it, then you can go back to life as normal.
    05-24-2011 08:04 PM
    I've being Rocking my LG Optimus 7 for a month now. Absolutely love it, there's just something about WP7 that makes you attached.
    05-24-2011 08:11 PM
    I have an HD7 on T-Mobile and I haven't regretted a thing :D these devices are amazing and will only get better with the impending update (codenamed Mango) coming to all existing phones.
    05-24-2011 08:12 PM
    Also is really slick and everything goes seamlessly from one thing to another. I was talking with a client, he is a very passionate Apple fan. He has a Mac, Apple TV, Ipod Touch and is rocking an Epic 4G and at Galaxy Tab.

He return a couple of days ago because he returned this tab for an ipad 2. He said he love it but his heart wanted the Ipad. So we talked about the most tablets and stuff so he asked me what phone did I had and I show him my Optimus. He asked me if I like it and I smiled and told that I do like it very much but is not for everyone.

He said that Android had launchers and stuff, I told him that I could show him some stuff and he immediately said yes. So I open up my people's hub and show him the contacts, and selected a my boss. ( He immediately compliment the easy way to get contacts, by letter ) then I show him that I could contact her by call, text, facebook, or email in the same places, then flick it right and it show her status. I also show him that you can pin the contacts and how I can see the status.

He then said: This is from the Facebook app right?
    I the said: No *Scrolls down* The facebook app is right there, I haven't opened anything.
    He said:...wow.

Windows Phone = WOW.
    05-24-2011 08:25 PM
    Been running my HD7 since October and it's the best device I've ever owned.
    The LG Optimus is a very close second though. I've not seen the screen on the HD7S in person but if the colour is a good as the LG then it's the one I would choose.

Only downside don't expect too much from the camera as HTC still use pretty poor optics. For some samples of a recent trip to London look me up on Flickr (ashwarner) there are some nice shots as such.
    05-24-2011 08:46 PM
    There you go! Windows Phone 7 = WOW this experience that is wp7 is addicting.... Its seamless..its beautiful.... You have to try it to understand.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    05-24-2011 08:51 PM
    Got my Surround on launch day and still look forward to picking it up every morning. Zune Pass rocks! Best deal around. Long time WinMo user, so I was reluctant to jump into a locked down device. Spent an hour with the phone in the morning. Went back the same afternoon to bring my baby home. No regrets.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-25-2011 01:07 AM
    No it doesn't have Zune music like iTunes... it's better. There is a monthly fee to stream unlimited amount of music. You also have the option to download it so it loads up faster, but in order to get the ability to burn it to CDs, you would need to purchase them. Every month, you're allotted 10 drm-free songs (correct me if I'm wrong folks) per month to keep no matter what. You're then able to burn the songs or put onto other mp3 players and/or do whatever you wish as they are yours forever =)

The OS... It's brilliant. It's exciting. It's fresh. It doesn't have a lot of the other features of the other platforms and yet I still prefer it more. I then tell myself, "imagine when Mango hits".

The hardware... I can speak for my Focus and I must saw it's remarkable device. It's my first 4 inch device and love the size. I believe it's perfect in size and the screen (Super AMOLED) is beyond excellent. Some say it doesn't feel solid and that it feels like cheap plastic. Me? It's awesome because it's light and when it goes in my pocket, it doesn't feel like a brick.

Overall... on AT&T, you have options. HTC HD7S (coming soon), HTC Surround, Samsung Focus, LG Quantum and the Venue Pro.
    05-25-2011 01:52 AM
    I got the LG Quantum in Dec of 2010, and it's great (especially for messaging). In Canada though, the Zune Music marketplace is not available like in the States. I have to download my songs from somewhere else, but transferring the music from the Zune software to the phone is so easy, I'm not bothered by it.
    05-26-2011 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD