Search defaults to Google?

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
In this HD7 section of this forum on post: http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-hd-7/178597.htm

Miistercoool said "Has anyone noticed that when you click the search button on the HD7 it of course automatically goes to bing but if you happen to have the browser open it doesn't go to bing but it goes to google!!!! i think that's blasphemy! Anyone else have the same problem? i just want to hear any thoughts on this. "

I checked it out on my HD7 and it behaves exactly the same. If I press the search button at the bottom of the phone off I go to google. Is this the case on other devices as well? Perhaps T-Mobile did something special here?

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
hadn't noticed that before, my DVP on T-Mobile does the same thing. It does seem kinda odd but, it doesn't bother me (I generally use google as my default search engine on my pc anyways). However, I can see how it would be nice to be able to have the ability to change the default search engine to something else if you wanted.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my PC using Firefox 4 and when I type something on the address bar for a quick search it sends me to google. I would actually prefer it if it directed me to bing since is my main search engine but Google gives awesome results so I'll try to not freak out at the adds.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my PC using Firefox 4 and when I type something on the address bar for a quick search it sends me to google. I would actually prefer it if it directed me to bing since is my main search engine but Google gives awesome results so I'll try to not freak out at the adds.

If you want to change your default to Bing or any other engine do the following:

In the Awesome Bar type about:config

the scroll to "browser.search.defaultenginename" right click and select modify and change the value to Bing then restart.

Mateosmith

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Yea ive noticed, and it sucks bc websites opened from google search are usually like in mobile form, even if u have ur browser set to desktop form

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster