TVShow App Giveaway

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
WPCentral's TVShow Giveaway

We've been really impressed with Rudy Huyn's TVShow App and now are going to giveaway ten free copies.

We'll keep this one simple. Just head on over to the forums and chime in on this discussion about Mango. Tell what excites you, what you wish would be amongst the 500 new features, or what features you could live without.

Post your comments by 6:00pm CST on Monday, May 30, 2011 and we'll randomly select ten winners from these comments. You do have to register to post comments (plus it helps us notify the winners) and that easy process starts here.

Good luck and let the posting begin!

MadMup

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big a deal, but I'm looking forward to having custom ringtones!

Still on the wishlist: When I read email on my phone, I wish the account would sync automatically so that when I go back to my email on a computer I don't have "unread" messages that I already read.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I've been looking forward to SQLCE ever since I learned it would not be a part of the original WP7 platform. In the past, my development experience at work has been data-centric, and I like to store things locally until they sync with the server, in case the wifi connection is lost (I have programmed for mobile devices in a factory), and SCQCE has done that very well for me.

But having seen the press conference on Tuesday, there are many features coming that I will enjoy using from the end user perspective. Text to Speech. Speech to Text. IE9. Bing Vision. Local Scout (this one will be nice for me, since I haven't lived in this area long enough to be a "local"). There's a lot coming, and a lot to be excited about. And since they are planning to push Mango to devs before launch, I'm even more excited.

Koki.v3

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to Live messenger, Facebook chat, and SOCKET support, which will open a way for Skype and IRC clients. Also multitasking. And improved live tiles. Oh and Smart DJ.

Who am I kidding, I love all the new features.

relexx

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
As a developer, I'm really happy to see that we are now able to communicate with the devices directly.
As a user, it's really great that performance has been focused and finally multi threading has arrived. That's a completely new dimension of user experience we'll get with mango.
I'm really excited about all that stuff - I didn't even read the complete documents about those api extension we've got yet. It's soo much stuff.

nashtheflash

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
TVShow App Giveaway reply

I am really excited about the native voice-to-text and text-to-voice. My wife will always text me when I am driving, and then I will call her to respond and she will be in a meeting or something and won't be able to answer. This feature will solve that problem and make my life a little bit easier.

I am also excited about the turn-by-turn navigation built into the maps. This is a must have if you want to use your phone to navigate while driving and remain safe.

The new search capabilities look awesome! I can't wait for Bing Vision!

As a developer, I am excited about the new emulator and the new sensor API's available for building apps. I think this is going to attract more developers and encourage the current developer to "step their game up".

I really wish that the Mango feature list would include the ability to send and receive video messages either in an email, text, or both. This functionality is built to my crappy old non-smartphone, and should be available in a super phone like WP7.

I also would like to see the ability to connect to wireless network that hide their SSID's. My employer doesn't broadcast their SSID at the office, so I am unable to take advantage of their WiFi on my phone, which in turns puts some extra burden on my data plan.

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am honestly looking forward to the new and improved Xbox Live. I am a big gamer, and having Xbox Live integration was a big reason I went with Windows Phone, however the current iteration seems so half-a**ed it is going to be nice to click on the game's hub icon on my desktop and boom have access to not only games but friends, achievements and my 3d avatar as well.

Baka

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I really wish that the Mango feature list would include the ability to send and receive video messages either in an email, text, or both. This functionality is built to my crappy old non-smartphone, and should be available in a super phone like WP7.

THIS.

An integrated inbox, groups for texts and emails, and the presumed Skype integration (they aren't putting those FFCs on the phones for Facetime!). My phone is my connection to my family when I'm working 18 hour days. These features increase that functionality, and that's why they excite me the most.

The huge leap in functionality for Bing and Maps is also something I'm looking forward to.

And finally, the opening of new APIs for developers. The Apps out now are sufficient to keep me satisfied, but letting devs really dig into the platform is only going to result in some awesome offerings.

The increased customization of the phone (ringtones, presumed additional accent colors) will be welcome, but to be honest, it's not that essential to me - though I get why people really want these things.

kevyn82

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Facebook, Messenger and other IM integration in people Hub.
It's the first thought I had last year when I heard of a Windows Phone 7.

Shad0x64

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Im excited about the improvments to IE9 and the better social networking integration. What I want to see is more continuity, like id like to be able to resume what I was doing on the phone on the PC as much as possible especially with Microsoft programs, id be happy with just including more things synched to the cloud I guess like the browsing history.

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Facebook, Messenger and other IM integration in people Hub.
It's the first thought I had last year when I heard of a Windows Phone 7.

YES... this is prtty much what I was going to write. I even felt the urge to commernt with this exact feature implementation on several wpcentral.com articles. I truly feel as if Microsoft listens to its users, more so than ever before. It makes me very proud to be a Microsoft-fan.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Mango

I haven't had the pleasure of even owning WP7 yet... my Trophy arrives today!

But I'm already looking forward to all the new features and improvements coming in Mango. I could go through the list and pull stuff out but I'd just be echoing what others have already said.

In the grand scheme of things I am excited that Microsoft really seems to be putting a great deal of effort (and thought) into this and that makes me happy. I've been a vocal MS supporter for years partially because I was able to look ahead and see what sorts of possibilities they were working towards with their whole environment, from the living room couch to the corporate infrastructure. We're finally starting to see that real integration between so many of their already great services and products. As a whole, those offerings are going to be even better than they are individually. In short order Microsoft is going to have THE killer platform because it will be all encompassing and completely integrated. I've been saying this all along, but soon... then general masses will start to understand this and it's going to blow them away. :)

Khensu

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as the poster above, I get my Trophy today! I'm looking forward to WP7 as a whole.

As far as Mango goes, I'm looking forward to being able to set ring tones. I'm also looking forward to better apps with the new features they're opening up to developers. Better Xbox live integration, Skydrive, Office and Multi-tasking.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My big thing is support for front facing cameras. My children and wife use Skype, and I want to be able to do that as well.

slicedfruit

May 12, 2011
Visit site
very happy to see skype, multi tasking, turn-by-turn coming to mango and yet there is one thing i didn't see and could be very useful: able to block ones number
a simple feature that exists on several phones and i would like to block some phone numbers...

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
There are a ton of great features "finally" coming to the OS with Mango so I am happy with that. I just want further details on what they consider custom ringtones. Will we be able to use our own edited tracks or will we be forced to ringtones that only marketplace offers (etc)? Will there be a new category in Zune for "Ringtones" so you can sync tracks dedicated to such to their own section on the phone? It wouldn't be hard for them to add something like that.

Also, tethering is very important to me. I want to see tethering added to the OS with this update as I use my cellphones for emergency access on my laptop when I need to do something and there is no wifi. Especially when I am mobile and I need to access something for business.

The same goes for remote access. Allow VNC capabilities to be installed else build in remote access directly into Mango. It's been killing me that I cannot access any of the systems at my office from my cell.

At the moment, I have been having to carry around my old 6.5 phone when traveling if I think I might need access to tethering or remote access.

Past that, it looks like it will be a positive update to the OS.

Also a quick side note...the option to toggle 3G?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs