What theme do you use?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Tell me about it, I wanted a Pineapple theme. I downloaded a cool picture of pineapples to have it on my pictures title and proceed to find my yellow theme and nothing was there =(

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
dark/blue

I really wanna do dark/pink ... lol. might change it soon.

Sent from my Atrix through Tapatalk

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Trying the red again... where it bothers me the most is when I scroll to where the Games tile is and it's like there's suddenly this BRIGHT green tile in the middle of a sea of red, kinda jarring.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Trying the red again... where it bothers me the most is when I scroll to where the Games tile is and it's like there's suddenly this BRIGHT green tile in the middle of a sea of red, kinda jarring.
See, guess I am different cause most people like the mono look (everything taking on the accent color) and I cant stand it. I have 46 Start screen tile and 26 of them are dark red. For me, the more color and differentiation the better. Easier fo me to find unique looking tiles when scrolling quickly and it looks brighter, more colorful. I try to load my screen with live tiles that look different, but every day another developer changes their tile to match the accent. Might as well just go with black & white (or green if you had a Palm Pilot) and call it a day. Would save a lot of resources.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
See, guess I am different cause most people like the mono look (everything taking on the accent color) and I cant stand it. I have 46 Start screen tile and 26 of them are dark red. For me, the more color and differentiation the better. Easier fo me to find unique looking tiles when scrolling quickly and it looks brighter, more colorful. I try to load my screen with live tiles that look different, but every day another developer changes their tile to match the accent. Might as well just go with black & white (or green if you had a Palm Pilot) and call it a day. Would save a lot of resources.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

That is a valid perspective and, if I had enough different live tiles to get some good variation of colors across the start screen it would probably not bother me as much but, since the overwhelming majority of my tiles are the theme color it jumps out when one tile is different (especially as different as the Games tile green is from just about all of the theme colors other than the theme green). I can see how a tile setup like you describe would be nice to have and if/when I have more apps installed then maybe that might work for me but, for now I'm stuck in a more monochromatic world so I'm trying to keep things a bit more uniform. Thanks for the input though!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait till angry birds came out make it redder. Also this is really lame but I try to have my zune picture close to my theme and thankfully the Red Hot Chilly Peppers zune picture has a red background so it makes me phone look really aggressive. I love it.

flyeaglesfly

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
i've had mine on red for about the past week or so. i'm digging it for sure. not sure if it's better than blue, but it's at least equal.

Can't wait till angry birds came out make it redder. Also this is really lame but I try to have my zune picture close to my theme and thankfully the Red Hot Chilly Peppers zune picture has a red background so it makes me phone look really aggressive. I love it.

my zune pic right now is kanye west, which has a red background by chance. didn't even notice that til you mentioned it.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I use dark theme, and randomly switch between blue, green, orange, and teal.

The thing is, I want TWO accent colors. I want the accent color used by the apps and such, and I want to have my own separate Tile color though. I would like the accent color used by apps and such to be red or orange, while my tiles stay green, blue, orange or teal, etc.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I completely echo every word you wrote, the dark green isn't too intense, the blue is a bit too bright, we need more variants!

Another vote for black background and green livetiles/etc. I tried a bunch of colors but always went back to green, mainly because every other color makes threaded SMS conversations look strange and difficult to read at a glance. Green just works.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
White background with pink accent, sounds gay but I like it hahaha. Love the white for sure tho especially the keyboard

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say it looks Gay, just girly. Maybe you are a little effeninate. Now if you have Dark theme with Rainbow titles and Elton John on the Zune title maybe I'll say it looks gay.
If you have a personal picture of you having consexual relations with a man as the background of your pictures hub then and only then I'll say it looks gay.

Just rock your pink theme man, is there for a reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon