Un-impressed

mackdoogs

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had my HTC Mozart WP7 phone for about 4-5 months now and i have to say i have been pretty dissapointed so far, the apps are well below par, quite a crap selection of ringtones with no option for mp3, and most games and apps that are readily available on numerous other os are unavailable. i have been a pro-windows user for as long as i can remember but i have to say that the WP7 is not up to the standard i expect from windows. extremly dissapointed with microsofts efforts on this and am now tryin to decide what to go to next as my mozart has pretty much done its dash.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What apps are you using that are below par. The ones I use a quite above what I'm use to on Android and i0s.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Then to be quite honest, and in no offense, you are simply not open minded enough. I've seen people that worship Android or iOS and have hated all things, and I do mean all things Microsoft. I have shown them WP7 and they walk away impressed, even if they say it isn't the phone for them (which is quite understandable) they still say its impressive. Have you seen all the features coming with Mango?

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Give it to the end of the year. I think you will see that most of your concerns will be addressed. The biggest limitation to apps right now is APIs - which will be opened @ Mango release. Also, there will be a lot of added function with that release (including mp3 ringtones).

So just give it a little time. Or you can just go to Android/iOS, but then one asks, why didn't you do that in the first place? Maybe there are some redeeming qualities that brought you to Windows Phone.

mackdoogs

May 30, 2011
Visit site
so when is this 'mango' update due to be released??? i will hold out for a while longer just annoying that there is still sooo many things not available on WP7, i hadnt heard about the mango update untill now so i will wait for that, hopefully they get more games too apart from the rubbish xbox live has put out so far

hopefully mango will change my mind

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
troll? Mango has been on the front page for like a week... and you just joined and this is your first post....

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
not trying to offend, but it doesn't seem as though you did enough research prior to purchasing the device, especially after stating that you are just hearing about mango. i read up on windows phone prior to making the purchase and instead of being disappointed, i've been amazed at how much more i love this OS over iOS, Android and even WebOS.

the apps that all 3 (wp, iOS and android) have in common, i prefer on windows phone. some apps include:

ESPN ScoreCenter, 4sq, IMDb, Photobucket and more.

mackdoogs

May 30, 2011
Visit site
troll? Mango has been on the front page for like a week... and you just joined and this is your first post....

woah a whole week!!!! **** mate!!!!! pretty sure i know i jus joined and made my first post wots ya point???

ps still no date for mango???

mackdoogs

May 30, 2011
Visit site
not trying to offend, but it doesn't seem as though you did enough research prior to purchasing the device, especially after stating that you are just hearing about mango. i read up on windows phone prior to making the purchase and instead of being disappointed, i've been amazed at how much more i love this OS over iOS, Android and even WebOS.

the apps that all 3 (wp, iOS and android) have in common, i prefer on windows phone. some apps include:

are you sayin that mango was announced 5-6 months ago???
Oh and the apps that all 3 have in common are extremly limited compared to that of jus android and iOS, thing i dont get all my mates have android or iOS and are talkin bout this app and that app that are so good, then i try get them on my WP7 and get coming soon.. or jus denied, is that microsofts plan to bring out apps after the rest of the world is over using them, seems pretty stupid to me

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had my HTC Mozart WP7 phone for about 4-5 months now and i have to say i have been pretty dissapointed so far, the apps are well below par, quite a crap selection of ringtones with no option for mp3, and most games and apps that are readily available on numerous other os are unavailable. i have been a pro-windows user for as long as i can remember but i have to say that the WP7 is not up to the standard i expect from windows.

It doesn't sound like the issues you have are related to WP7 at all, just that the developer community is not as large as iOS or Android - which is a given since the platform is a lot younger.

extremly dissapointed with microsofts efforts on this and am now tryin to decide what to go to next as my mozart has pretty much done its dash.

What issues are there with Microsoft? The issues you listed don't seem to be anything to do with them.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
IMDb is one of my favorite apps, it's simply amazing! I saw a post from another member a while back stating that he was shocked when he compared the WP7 version and Android version.
woah a whole week!!!! **** mate!!!!! pretty sure i know i jus joined and made my first post wots ya point???
Well almost a whole week the "big unveiling" was on the 24th and since then that's been the word on most tech sites (except for the biased sites of course) there's an "estimate" floating around and they say its mid October.

Oh and the apps that all 3 have in common are extremly limited compared to that of jus android and iOS, thing i dont get all my mates have android or iOS and are talkin bout this app and that app that are so good, then i try get them on my WP7 and get coming soon.. or jus denied, is that microsofts plan to bring out apps after the rest of the world is over using them, seems pretty stupid to me
Mango was announced a couple of months ago but the features only recently (as stated above). The apps aren't as diverse and available as the "other" major platforms because not all APIs are available to developers for use yet (the dev tools have been released for them but the apps won't work on our OS version) its a good thing, but also very funny that practically anything iOS and Android can do will be added in Mango, so when someone asks about a feature not available yet 9 times out of 10 the answer is "Mango". I understand your frustration with why Microsoft "took so long" but in reality; you ought to give them props for catching up in less than a year. You have to understand that this isn't Windows Mobile, its an OS built from scratch, with a completely blank drawing board completely brand new. Many people were shocked at how great and "non-Windows/Microsoft" this was. In reality though I'm more than positive that this is going to take off in a really big way. It makes sense that they're implementing the same design into Windows 8.

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm... ok not a troll, just uninformed... no worries.

Mango is said to release in the Fall... I read that as late Sept to early Nov. but who the crap knows.

Edit: Actually it's annoying seeing so many devices already running this os, like I feel we should have the option of using the "beta" os or something... seeing how its running so nicely on all them other devices... in the demo's etc. I mean

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have had my HTC Mozart WP7 phone for about 4-5 months now and i have to say i have been pretty dissapointed so far, the apps are well below par, quite a crap selection of ringtones with no option for mp3, and most games and apps that are readily available on numerous other os are unavailable. i have been a pro-windows user for as long as i can remember but i have to say that the WP7 is not up to the standard i expect from windows. extremly dissapointed with microsofts efforts on this and am now tryin to decide what to go to next as my mozart has pretty much done its dash.

To be honest mate, people like you should not be early adopters. When new tech comes out there will be limitations and missing features and will take a while for these to be addressed. Compared to iPhone and Android when it first came out, Microsoft have done a marvellous job with WP7. The mango update is packed with features and its only a matter of couple of months.

Baka

May 5, 2011
Visit site
caveat emptor.

if WP7 isn't working for ya, go get something that does. I find it beyond amusing and sad that mobile devices have become the new religion of the 21st century, responsible for virtual wars and similar stunted thinking.

It's a freaking phone.

that being said, your complaints seem driven by a lack of prior research. put in a little effort, and maybe you'll be happier with your next purchase.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Both Android and iOS have been around for a few years now and have a well established developer community, not to mention ALOT more apps as a result of being around for that long. It took Apple at least a year to even offer an app store, and android still hasn't come close to the quality of apps for either iOS or WP7. Look at how long these devices have been on the shelf, most since only 7 months ago. Give it some time and enjoy the features that it does offer, which in my opinion are far better than the competition.

Word of advice as well: Don't come on an exclusively Windows Phone forum and start bashing windows Phone out of the gate. We love the OS and that is why we talk about it on here. If you are dissatisfied with the phone then we will try and help you with any problems you are having. We are a passionate group, so sorry if we came off as rude or uninviting.

Reactions: starblade876

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

what i'm saying is... you're complaining about features/apps that aren't there or aren't good, so i wouldn't expect you to know about mango. it was official several days ago, but the rumors have been floating around for a while. also, microsoft did say that multitasking was coming prior to this announcement and i wouldn't be surprised if it was back before you bought your device.

let's talk about some of your gripes... ringtones and apps/games that the other OS have, that WP doesn't. was this not common knowledge? in where you could have searched and found apps that were and weren't available? could you not have researched the option to for mp3?

maybe you weren't there when the iPhone came out where they didn't even have apps or when android came out and Hello AIM was their premier IM client which was craptastic to me. or let us talk about how Android devices (and only a handful) are just getting the Netflix app for their devices.

i was there in the beginning... had the original iPhone on release day... yeah $600 bones for a device, a 2 year contract and no apps, custom ringtones or MMS! was i mad? no as i did my research and knew what the device had and was capable of.

so my point is that your main gripes were things research could have saved you the trouble of having.

Reactions: starblade876

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for a healthy app selection with a good looking phone and great support. I recommend going with the Iphone. Apple isn't going anywhere right now so is your best bet.

Sorry that WP7 didn't work out for you but thanks for giving it a sincere try, let's hope maybe you will come back again when the OS is more mature. =)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786