I cannot paste pictures in live tiles.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Like, go to picture, click the little "options" button to bring up more options, and "pin to start screen" should be there. But it's not there any time I'm looking at pictures.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this last week. I don't know what happened because I do remember being able to do that.

Side note: I know you from somewhere Averry, your avatar and name are really familiar. I think we used to be friends on MySpace, like way back in the day hahah Or did you ever post on the Fall of Troy forums?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean the Pictures Hub photo on the Start Menu or any Photo? For the Pictures Hub, tap and hold the Pictures header and select Change background. Don't remember ever seeing an option to pin individual photos but you can pin your Favorites folder to Start.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean the Pictures Hub photo on the Start Menu or any Photo? For the Pictures Hub, tap and hold the Pictures header and select Change background. Don't remember ever seeing an option to pin individual photos but you can pin your Favorites folder to Start.

I'm quite sure I remember it, and I liked it because it would create one of the double, wider tiles.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Like, go to picture, click the little "options" button to bring up more options, and "pin to start screen" should be there. But it's not there any time I'm looking at pictures.
You can't pin individual pictures to the start screen if that's what you're trying to do. The next best thing is to pin the pictures hub (from the all apps list) to the start screen then from within the pictures hub (on the very first screen once you open it) long press any spot on the background and either select "change background" to manually choose the photo that shows up in the background/live tile, or select "change it for me" so that the app will randomly select photos from your collection to display on the background and live tile.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this last week. I don't know what happened because I do remember being able to do that.

Side note: I know you from somewhere Averry, your avatar and name are really familiar. I think we used to be friends on MySpace, like way back in the day hahah Or did you ever post on the Fall of Troy forums?

Ha, oh WOW.

Fall of Troy Forums.....or more likely Jussoli.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No, you can not do that on pre NoDo.

You can zoom in on a pic in the browser and pin a link to that on the start screen, but thats it.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This is the sort of thing i hope they clean up in Mango, you can pin audio and video to the start menu, but not pictures...just like with the APIs, we have the PhotoChooserTask but there is no VideoChooserTask.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I can't pin my favorites folder is that a Surround/AT&T exclusive thing maybe?

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't pin my favorites folder is that a Surround/AT&T exclusive thing maybe?

Add a photo to your favorites, then go into favorites and hold your finger on one of the images to bring up the context menu. You should have:

share...
remove from favorites
pin favorites to start

just did this on my Omnia7.

EDIT: it is only a single-width tile though :(

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Add a photo to your favorites, then go into favorites and hold your finger on one of the images to bring up the context menu. You should have:

share...
remove from favorites
pin favorites to start

just did this on my Omnia7.

EDIT: it is only a single-width tile though :(
Ha wow! About five months into owning a Windows Phone 7 and I'm still finding new **** lol awesome!

rhogue

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually, by moving the picture to your favorites and pinning it, it just pins a link to favorites. If you want to pin actual pictures, it's pretty simple.

1. Have your pictures sync to the skydrive.
2. Use your web browser and go to the skydrive to the picture you want to make a live tile.
3. click the ... and pin to start.

This will let you post different pictures with no problem.

* Note: you cannot use your pictures hub to do what you are wanting to do. You need to use the browser and go to the website.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Actually, by moving the picture to your favorites and pinning it, it just pins a link to favorites. If you want to pin actual pictures, it's pretty simple.

1. Have your pictures sync to the skydrive.
2. Use your web browser and go to the skydrive to the picture you want to make a live tile.
3. click the ... and pin to start.

This will let you post different pictures with no problem.

* Note: you cannot use your pictures hub to do what you are wanting to do. You need to use the browser and go to the website.
This is a slightly crude method of doing it, but it works. Still would be nice to have an option straight from the pictures hub though.

rhogue

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Yep. It can be a bit crude and I agree that it would be nice to simply have an option to pin any picture to the start page. At the same time, it doesn't make much sense does it? You already have a pictures hub. . .so, if you want to look at pictures, one click can take you into the hub, or into your favorites.

If you want to make the process more elegant, it's really quite simple:

DO THIS ONE TIME:
1. Turn on the automatic sync to the skydrive.
2. Open a web browser and open your skydrive camera roll.
3. Pin the skydrive cameral roll to your homepage.

From now on:
1. Click the skydrive camera roll live tile.
2. Click on the picture you want to pin
3. Pin the picture

This will make pinning the picture exactly the same process as pinning from your pictures hub.

It's definitely not perfect, but it is pretty simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers