Wp7 not selling well

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
One problem is the general lack of information about the product.

Check this picture I took from my job, we know the phone is a Windows one, that's just the picture it came inside of it.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Read this on another forum:

I got my first Windows Phone yesterday, and it feels so good! I love everything about it, the OTB experience was fantastic, I had everything (facebook, gmail, xbox live) set up in the first 2 minutes i turned on the phone. But that's not why I'm posting, it's about Verizon and why they won't sell a single WP7 to any average consumer.

So when I first got a sales rep to help me, he was confused why I wanted a windows phone, he pointed me towards android phones like the incredible 2, saying I would like them better. I said no, and he pushed the iphone after that. I kept insisting on WP7 and he finally brought me to where it was on display.

It was neglected over in a corner where nobody would ever notice it. And on top of that, it wasn't charged. It couldn't turn on, Verizon didn't supply the charge cable that they did to every single other phone. Any random consumer would never buy this phone in these conditions. How could they fall in love with the metro tiles if they can't even try them?

The sales rep didn't know anything about the phone, he said he had NEVER used one. He thought it was a skinned Windows mobile 6.x. He personally used the thunderbolt. He told me again about andriod saying there were thousands of apps.

I bought my phone and got out of there. Also I didn't get a xbox game (I don't know how that deal works) and they were out of the cases that I was supposed to get for free with my phone.

Verizon is killing Windows Phone, and I'm sure they don't even care.

A happy WP7 user,
Jason Vance

Well anyway, I am going to start tweeting posts like this to @windowsphone. If everyone else did this (just use the twitter button at the bottom of the post), then maybe MS will take notice and do something about it, if they already aren't.

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Read this on another forum:

Well anyway, I am going to start tweeting posts like this to @windowsphone. If everyone else did this (just use the twitter button at the bottom of the post), then maybe MS will take notice and do something about it, if they already aren't.

Bad news, great post tine;1551381. It's happened to me and a host of others. This is running rampant but Microsoft is at least aware now.

Are the Carriers Strangling Windows Phone 7 at Retail? - PCMag Tries to Buy a Windows Phone | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Microsoft responds to carrier bias issue: "When we look at the trajectory and run rate, the acceleration of the platform, we’re very pleased"

Btw, on what forum did you find the post? thx!

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well Is not hard to know why. Android has the phones. I love the G2 design, lots of people like the Droids, The Galaxy line up is doing amazing.

The phones are what bring the people up. The HD2 sold a lot and is still selling well because of the phone, not because of Windows Mobile 6.5.

I couldn't agree more. Android has a lot of companies making high end handsets, but there aren't really any handsets running WP7 that stand up to most of the Android phones (or even the iphone) when it comes to hardware. And lets face it, most customers will buy the prettiest device that has a big feature that the competition lacks, and that is what WP7 handsets are lacking. I have a feeling that with mango, we will start seeing a lot of higher end handsets, which is why I'm holding out until mango.

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to put my two cents in, I think Microsoft is starting to realize the lack of knowledge/sales for their handsets. I know in the last week or so in my area I have heard AT&T commercials that talk about their rate/data plans and than let the listener know that AT&T has exclusive Windows 7 phones and to come in and check them out. Hopefully that is Microsoft saying to the carriers "hey!!! sell our awesome phones or else!"

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. Android has a lot of companies making high end handsets, but there aren't really any handsets running WP7 that stand up to most of the Android phones (or even the iphone) when it comes to hardware. And lets face it, most customers will buy the prettiest device that has a big feature that the competition lacks, and that is what WP7 handsets are lacking. I have a feeling that with mango, we will start seeing a lot of higher end handsets, which is why I'm holding out until mango.

I don't necessarily disagree, but there are just as many crap Android handsets. I think it's why some people have such mixed views of Android. You got one guy that loves it, using a 1.5 GHZ monster phone, and another guy complaining about lag on a 750 MHZ "entry level" pos.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but WP7 will run much smoother on a 1 GHz device than cluttered, app-washed Android will on any similar build. :) WP7 doesn't need dual-core processors or anything due to the simplicity of the OS.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Just to put my two cents in, I think Microsoft is starting to realize the lack of knowledge/sales for their handsets. I know in the last week or so in my area I have heard AT&T commercials that talk about their rate/data plans and than let the listener know that AT&T has exclusive Windows 7 phones and to come in and check them out. Hopefully that is Microsoft saying to the carriers "hey!!! sell our awesome phones or else!"

At the AT&T store I went to on Monday, the largest display in the store was for Windows phone 7, it was the first thing you saw when you walked in the door, while the Iphone display was off in the corner.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
At the AT&T store I went to on Monday, the largest display in the store was for Windows phone 7, it was the first thing you saw when you walked in the door, while the Iphone display was off in the corner.

Same on the store I work close. Hence me watching new Focus users almost daily.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Same on the store I work close. Hence me watching new Focus users almost daily.

I was very surprised, but I suppose that the Iphone doesn't really need that big of a display, Apple already has everyone sucked into their distortion field, who are willing to buy the Iphone without playing with it.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

At ours, WP had a tiny display in a corner, wedged between the service counter and the window, and half hidden by a giant cardboard sign about UVerse. Which was funny too, cause when my wife asked about UVerse, the guy politely told her what it was, and let us know it's not offered in this area. I'm like why is there a 9 foot tall sign for it then?

AT&T is just a mess.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
At ours, WP had a tiny display in a corner, wedged between the service counter and the window, and half hidden by a giant cardboard sign about UVerse. Which was funny too, cause when my wife asked about UVerse, the guy politely told her what it was, and let us know it's not offered in this area. I'm like why is there a 9 foot tall sign for it then?

AT&T is just a mess.

Odd, that's where the Iphone display was at my store, wedged between the service counter and the window, hidden by banners.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos