Oh my, that person has a wp7 device!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday it was Windows Phone extravaganza at my job, I saw the rare HTC surround and at one point there was a a Quatum owner on the right and a HD7 on my left. also it was the first time I saw a Windows Phone on the wild, another HD7 but that was a dude calling her date.

If only there where new phones this summer, things would have changed.

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
After playing a round of basketball with my friends, I whipped out my Focus to read a text. One of my friends recognized it as a Windows Phone and quickly proceeded to ask "does it lag or crash like on Android?" lol (he'd had an experience with Android before apparently) He said he wanted to buy one when he got the money. I suggested he wait till the holiday season for the better hardware.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I have seen a few:
1. at movie theater (a row ahead of me)
2. at a restaurant
3. at Starbucks
4. on FB (uploaded via Windows Phone)
5. uncle asked me to help him set up email, since he noticed I had a WP7.

The first 3 I witnessed in Vegas. Would be cool to find out which cities WP7 is most popular at.

Last edited:

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I finnaly saw a girl in BJ's with a Focus .. this is the first time I have seen someone else with a windows phone .. what was funny was she had the thing in her had the entire time she was in the store .. that is not what windows phone is all about ..

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I finnaly saw a girl in BJ's with a Focus .. this is the first time I have seen someone else with a windows phone .. what was funny was she had the thing in her had the entire time she was in the store .. that is not what windows phone is all about ..

Is pretty hard not to want to keep playing with your phone all the time.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
At the supermarket you will see me holding my WP more than half the time, checking things off my shopping list, and reading an occasional text/email.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
man ive been spoting windows phone sints i got my first one 4 years ago :p (htc touch)

but i work for a cell company so im ALWAYS checking what type a phones people are using , bad habbit i guess. :p

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
At the supermarket you will see me holding my WP more than half the time, checking things off my shopping list, and reading an occasional text/email.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

yep, same here. haven't bothered to write down a grocery list on paper since I got this phone.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This is a funny one. I had to take my daughter to the Apple store in Salem NH. the place is busy folks playing with all the computers and devices. so of course if took out my HTC HD7 and started flipping around "my own little show I do when I want show off the OS" and of course some people took notice and asked what is that? why it's WP7 ...Huh? I laugh and say it's MS new OS for Mobile... Oh that's it? I heard it sucked.. No wrong here try it... passed to this guy and he was like Oh nice.... then an apple sales guy came over to me and said you know this is an apple store we don't allow advertising other manufacturers products here . I wasn't I was using my device and was asked what it was... I smiled... My daughter said Must you always embarrassed me hahah yes!

kenshinesca

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
haven't personally seen another WP7 phone out in the wild yet (but i keep looking!). what I am getting tired of though is all the times that people see me using my DVP and are drawn in by the big bright screen and then what is the inevitable first question I am asked? "hey, is that an iPhone?" .... grrrrr....

That's when you flip out that qwerty keyboard, and say Iphone who? BTW the Dell Venue Pro is probably the sexiest Windows phone available.

what's funny is that I notice I get a lot of double takes when people see my Focus. when i'm on the bus going to and coming from work, i'll notice quite a few eyes on my baby. today was one... he did the double take and then he just watched. of course i put on an extra show, so he could see how smooth wp7 was.

lol, you put on an extra show:)

*pause*

This is a funny one. I had to take my daughter to the Apple store in Salem NH. the place is busy folks playing with all the computers and devices. so of course if took out my HTC HD7 and started flipping around "my own little show I do when I want show off the OS" and of course some people took notice and asked what is that? why it's WP7 ...Huh? I laugh and say it's MS new OS for Mobile... Oh that's it? I heard it sucked.. No wrong here try it... passed to this guy and he was like Oh nice.... then an apple sales guy came over to me and said you know this is an apple store we don't allow advertising other manufacturers products here . I wasn't I was using my device and was asked what it was... I smiled... My daughter said Must you always embarrassed me hahah yes!

lol, funny stuff man. Apple employee was going to call up big daddy Steve Jobs on you.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
That's when you flip out that qwerty keyboard, and say Iphone who? BTW the Dell Venue Pro is probably the sexiest Windows phone available.

Heh... Sliding out that keyboard has brought a few conversations to a standstill for me in recent weeks. "What's that? An iPhone?" ... "No, this is a Windows Phone." ... "Oh, well, I need a phone with a keyboard like my <insert name of random 'droid phone here...> because I don't like those onscreen keyboards." ... *flips DVP keyboard out* ... "ooooh..." *begins actually looking at phone screen and features* ...

...and suddenly, another mindless drone discovers that WP7 might just be an option worth considering after all.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The hot girl that works in front of me makes cup cakes, so I asked her for her work email because I had a possible celebration coming out. I flip out one note and I asked her, her email.

She asked me to type it herself because she has never used a Windows Phone. She has having a little too much fun with the clicky sound the softkeyboard makes. Then we started to have fun leaving messages on the note. Is a pretty cool feature.

That being say, there's no way in "heck" that she will get a Windows Phone. She is apple to the core.

Last edited:

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The hot girl that works in front of me makes cup cakes, so I asked her for her work email because I had a possible celebration coming out. I flip out one note and she asked her, her email.

She asked me to type it herself because she has never used a Windows Phone. She has having a little too much fun with the clicky sound the softkeyboard makes. Then we started to have fun leaving messages on the note. Is a pretty cool feature.

That being say, there's no way in **** that she will get a Windows Phone. She is apple to the core.

Yes but you planted a seed and seeds take in-time

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't know if this qualifies as the kind of sighting you're talking about but I want to add this.

I visit lots of carrier stores to play with Windows phones because I don't own one yet. I seem to need a WP7 fix and I hope that doesn't sound too weird but, I stopped in a Sprint store here in Las Vegas and asked one of the reps to direct me to the HTC Arrive. He did.

He followed be there and began to talk about how great this phone is. To tell you the truth, I had to pinch myself as his enthusiasm. Then, he reached into his belt clip and handed me his HTC Arrive. "Here, hold it. Check it out".

I did.

This one had apps, facebook, email the whole nine. Needless to say, that Sprint store gained mad respect from me. But as I think of it, when I was in line to get badged for CES 2011, there was guy in another line with a Windows phone. I remember thinking, "I wonder if he would let me check it out?"

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Well, I don't know if this qualifies as the kind of sighting you're talking about but I want to add this.

I visit lots of carrier stores to play with Windows phones because I don't own one yet. I seem to need a WP7 fix and I hope that doesn't sound too weird but, I stopped in a Sprint store here in Las Vegas and asked one of the reps to direct me to the HTC Arrive. He did.

He followed be there and began to talk about how great this phone is. To tell you the truth, I had to pinch myself as his enthusiasm. Then, he reached into his belt clip and handed me his HTC Arrive. "Here, hold it. Check it out".

I did.

This one had apps, facebook, email the whole nine. Needless to say, that Sprint store gained mad respect from me. But as I think of it, when I was in line to get badged for CES 2011, there was guy in another line with a Windows phone. I remember thinking, "I wonder if he would let me check it out?"

Hey, Tech. I live in Vegas too. I've been seeing quite few people walking around with WP7 around town. I'm also using an app (i'm a WP7!) that tracks WP7 users and there are at least 20 people registered near me. I know it sounds creepy, but it's cool to see there are a lot more now. Whereas 3-4 months ago, the app only reported me and 2 other users.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've still never seen one other than mine and my son's. People at work make fun of me for it, but I let them have their plebeian delusions.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Trust me all you have to do is walk into an Apple store whip it out and start using it just normally people will look and come over and ask is that the new IOS? lol no it's WP7 =) woot bagged another one

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've only ever seen one in public, an LG Quantum. I have, however, "heard" a few Windows Phones on the streetcar after hearing a few ringtones or message alerts only found on WP7 devices. They're as distinct as the lock sound you hear from an iPhone and know it's an iPhone.

I have a hard time recommending WP7 to others who use iOS, Android, or BB, just because of all the missing features, most of which will be fixed by Mango, and missing apps that only in the past few months have started showing up in force in the marketplace. I've impressed a few with the Mango beta features, but my usual suggestion to those interested, is wait until the Fall for Mango phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo