Oh my, that person has a wp7 device!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I never recommend my phone to anyone that's not looking for a Windows Phone. It lacks features such a front fancing cameras, certain apps and certain features. I'm not gonna lie to people and just point them to what's easier for them to use.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I never recommend my phone to anyone that's not looking for a Windows Phone. It lacks features such a front fancing cameras, certain apps and certain features. I'm not gonna lie to people and just point them to what's easier for them to use.

even with the lack of features i show off my phone to a SH**T loads of people and they always find it really really nice . evan with the lack of a PHEW features.

you get alot of request for front facing camera? people never ask me for that , the only time i EVER hear people talk about front facing camera its always a stupid excuse to try to prove their phone is better even doht hey never use it LMAO!

i still find wp7 is the most User friendly phone ive EVER had . well the iphone is prety user friendly with the ONE button .. your lost? dont know what to do? click the button , HAHA

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
i still find wp7 is the most User friendly phone ive EVER had
Me too. And I think whoever wrote that article about Metro UI being in sync with the Golden Ratio/Divine Proportion was spot on. There's just something about the layout that's pleasing to the eye and hits me at a subconscious level.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

Then again every iPhone and every Android phone is missing a HUGE feature. They don't run Windows Phone OS and I could never recommend them since they are missing such a critical feature.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I heard the default text message sound of another WP7 phone today (I haven't changed mine either) but didn't catch the phone(not from a lack of trying). I know nobody who has WP7 other than me(poor saps). That's not surprising to me though since the Sprint stores around here don't even have a dummy Arrive to play with. It's locked up in a case with pretty much nothing pointing it out.

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
A good friend of mine is a CIO for a major radio station in NY. He loves all things Apple, but while he was visiting the West Coast, he kept complaining about how his iPhone was a piece of junk. He complained most loudly about the battery life (which I thought was strange). In any event, he continually played with my Arrive, and although he didnt like the heft and keyboard, he was impressed by the OS. He said he would check out other WP7's when he got home and probably would switch. I think he may switch for sure if they come out with a super light phone with touchscreen. SeaRay anyone? :D

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Woot! Actually saw another human being with a Samsung Focus today. I was so shocked that I actually stopped her just to comment. :D

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I work in a hospital and I was in the cafeteria when I saw someone with a Focus...I just had to speak to her about it. Seems that her husband is a mod over at another site - can't remember the name - if I see her again I will get the site.
I will say this - while I dont see other Windows Phones while I'm on the subway, I always get the iPhone user who will stare to the point of leaning over while I use my Focus. I always make sure to hit the People hub and the Xbox hub, then I use some of the really visually stunning apps like IMDb, Amazon Kindle, the updated foursquare app, Prime TV, and the coup de grace: Cocktail Flow. Oh, and I make sure that glorious S-AMOLED screen is set to max brightness and I 'innocently' tap on the lockscreen to activate the transparent lockscreeen image I use.

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I work in a hospital and I was in the cafeteria when I saw someone with a Focus...I just had to speak to her about it. Seems that her husband is a mod over at another site - can't remember the name - if I see her again I will get the site.
I will say this - while I dont see other Windows Phones while I'm on the subway, I always get the iPhone user who will stare to the point of leaning over while I use my Focus. I always make sure to hit the People hub and the Xbox hub, then I use some of the really visually stunning apps like IMDb, Amazon Kindle, the updated foursquare app, Prime TV, and the coup de grace: Cocktail Flow. Oh, and I make sure that glorious S-AMOLED screen is set to max brightness and I 'innocently' tap on the lockscreen to activate the transparent lockscreeen image I use.

lol, way to rep WP7 though.

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
A woman I work with actually was the first person I had met with a WP7 device. She had bought a focus because she didn't like the android device she originally purchased. She left it at my desk for a day to try and set it up for her (I'm known as the phone guy at work) and after playing around with the features and the ease of use I was sold. I got mine less than a month later. Since then, she's been the only other person I've met with a WP7 device and I got mine back in February.

I was out to breakfast with my wife the other weekend and heard the default text message sound of a WP7 device and got all excited. She just looked at me like I was the biggest nerd. I didn't see the device but I was excited to hear that at least one more was out there.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
A woman I work with actually was the first person I had met with a WP7 device. She had bought a focus because she didn't like the android device she originally purchased. She left it at my desk for a day to try and set it up for her (I'm known as the phone guy at work) and after playing around with the features and the ease of use I was sold. I got mine less than a month later. Since then, she's been the only other person I've met with a WP7 device and I got mine back in February.

I was out to breakfast with my wife the other weekend and heard the default text message sound of a WP7 device and got all excited. She just looked at me like I was the biggest nerd. I didn't see the device but I was excited to hear that at least one more was out there.

Great story.

I myself was interested in WP7 since I first saw it on the web. I was reading every article and when to give it a try on AT&T. Being an smartphone virgin I quickly became overwhelmed and left the store. I kept seeing new WP7 phones every day at my work, I always asked people to try it for some reason, even though I "quit it". I never though I would be an smartphone owner since I didn't had credit.

But then a client came out looking for a cover for a LG windows phone, I though it was the qualcom and tell her, I didn't had anything but for some reason as she was going I said: AT&T and right? She said no is for Claro ( my carrier ) and I asked to take it a look. It was the most beautiful phone I had ever seeing. I play it for a couple of minutes and she told she was the first person on the entire country with this phone. ( Or at least my mall since the cashier told her it was the first he sold )

I asked every coworker if they saw anyone with it, they didn't knew what phone I was talking about, it wasn't on the newspaper nor in the store display. I was though I was getting crazy or imagine it or something but then I saw a full page, color ad for the phone on the local newspaper and I say, screw it. I'm getting this phone period.

Got my phone for a whooping 300 dollars with contract but got it, even though I didn't had credit. My story had a happy ending =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12