07-21-2011 08:50 AM
93 123 ...
tools
    Do you get excited when you see someone with a wp7 device?

Yesterday... I was on the bus back home after being mad I didn't take my car in to the city for a meeting at work when I noticed someone with an HD7/HD7S (too far too notice the network). I forgot about being mad and was like yay, he has a wp7 device.

Are you a wp7 device spotter?

Are you glad or get excited when you see someone with a wp7 device?

Do you engage in any conversation if you see someone with one? I would if it was the pretty girl that was in the row behind him... she had an i***** (lol).

If you do engage, how do you start it?

Are you ever engaged because you have a wp7?

It would have been cooler if he had a Focus :P, but any wp7 device is cool IMO. I took a picture, but it was blurry. I'll still post it in a few after uploading to photobucket.
    06-17-2011 10:29 AM
    Yeah I always love to see people with WP7 phones. An old friend of mine came out to the bar with us last night. When he got there, I noticed he was using an HTC Surround. I got to talking about it with him and he said that he had jumped into a pool with his Focus in his pocket, so he got the Surround as a temporary replacement. I've only seen one other person before him with a WP7 device, and it was a Focus as well.
    06-17-2011 10:34 AM
    Haha yeah. I've now seen three in public. Which is actually pretty encouraging considering I live in a town of 30K.
    06-17-2011 10:52 AM
    I saw a person with a Focus for the first time this weekend here in Huntsville, AL. Young guy, maybe 20 years old.

Not really sure why I thought it was anything special. I guess its like meeting someone thats apart of the same small club.
    06-17-2011 12:43 PM
    I haven't seen anyone with it quite just yet, but I would start conversation with them by just saying "hey you have a Windows Phone! Congratulations on knowing how to say no to sucking capitalisms ****!" Lmao jk well I have yet to see one but once I do, I'm sure I'll strike up something to see how they like it.
    06-17-2011 01:04 PM
    I work with two other guys who have windows phone... Notice a guy at the mall with one, but the screen was pretty hammered so I didn't spark up a convo with him
    06-17-2011 01:06 PM
    I just said "hey, you're the first person I've seen with one of these..." and showed my phone. He just replied "yeah, its a good phone" but didn't seem to share my excitment at the novelty.
    06-17-2011 01:11 PM
    I still haven't seen anyone with one yet :(. I'm so tired of seeing everyone I know with a damn iPhone hahahaha

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express
    06-17-2011 01:12 PM
    Other than my girlfriend, I haven't seen anyone with one yet. I do get the feeling that will change come autumn.
    06-17-2011 02:17 PM
    Well I work at selling cellphones accesories so I see WP7 devices everyday. Though it's way more exciting when I see a fellow Optimus 7 user. Anyway most of them don't have any clue how to use them so I'll gladly give them tips. ( Though most of them don't want the tips anyway, yep WP7 owners can also be jack*sses. )

One day though I had a great conversation with an Optimus user that was waiting for WP7 Nokia devices and couldn't wait anymore when he saw it, we talked about WP7 for a good 20 minutes. It was great.
    06-17-2011 02:35 PM
    I've seen two people, not including my brother, with a Focus.
    06-17-2011 03:58 PM
    I saw a post similar to this on another forum, tho the person was bashing WP7(I've never seen a WP7 in the wild, blah blah blah).

Just a curious question.....Do you truly take note of the phone EACH and EVERY person you pass during your day has?

That said, I have a few work colleagues that have WP7(2 Focus, 1 Omnia 7, and another Arrive). I also work near a Sprint store and a couple of reps there are carrying the Arrive as well so I think WP7 use is growing here in the Chicago Area...
    06-17-2011 04:21 PM
    it's blurrier than i thought... he had the dark/blue theme going.

06-17-2011 04:24 PM
    I have never seen anyone with the Arrive.

Edit: Damn Duvi, that's kinda creepy :P.
    06-17-2011 04:25 PM

Haha, I was just about to say that!

Or - "Hey - That's me!"
    06-17-2011 05:30 PM
    Duvi was trying to sneak a pic of the flight attendants backside, but was a touch too slow at the draw and got that guys head instead.

Oh, and I hope thats your finger o.O
    06-17-2011 05:56 PM
    Probably could have gotten message count and next appointment info with a new Nokia phone.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    06-17-2011 06:15 PM
    Duvi was trying to sneak a pic of the flight attendants backside, but was a touch too slow at the draw and got that guys head instead.

Oh, and I hope thats your finger o.O
    Duvi last name = Weiner confirmed.
    06-17-2011 08:09 PM
    I have never seen anyone with the Arrive.

Haha, I was just about to say that!

Or - "Hey - That's me!"
    lol.
    06-17-2011 09:44 PM
    Probably could have gotten message count and next appointment info with a new Nokia phone.

true that
    06-17-2011 09:47 PM

Haha, had a good chuckle with this one. Its so true though.
    06-17-2011 10:22 PM
    Well so much for seen more LG Optimus 7 users in my country. My Carrier announced that tomorrow is gonna have the Galaxy S II =(.
    06-17-2011 10:50 PM
    Seen two, coworker had one (he went back to his iphone *rolls eyes*) and I had a job interview today, saw another samsung focus.
    06-18-2011 12:12 AM
    Just a curious question.....Do you truly take note of the phone EACH and EVERY person you pass during your day has?
    I do. It's mostly Android phones with iPhones picking up the slack and a few Blackberries here and there. Trying to tell all the Android phones apart from a causial glance is tricky unless I see a carrier logo. I've yet to see someone with a Windows Phone outside of an ATT store.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    06-18-2011 12:37 AM
    I can tell what phone someone has across the street most of the time, even if they have a cover on. But I work with phones, except Blackberry I can't tell the Curve from Bold unless I see it phone the back.
    06-18-2011 12:58 AM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD