Best windows phone available on AT&T?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I understand the animosity toward LG. I had the LG neon and it filled with problems but I gave them another chance and I can't stop bragging about my Optimus 7 ;).

I would say get the Focus, is the most popular Windows Phone and the screen is just amazing.

How popular the Focus is? In my life I have seen a couple of windows phones.

Surround = 2 times.
Quantum = 2
Venue pro = 1
HD7 = Like ten times
Optimus 7 = 3 times
Focus = 50+.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you live in Redmond! I've only seen 8 - 10 devices total. Fifty Focus phones alone is amazing!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've seen one Focus in public, which belonged to my cousin, and she only owns it because she works for Microsoft and has to.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for a lot of new handsets to debut when Mango is released, so I'm going to wait until mango comes out, as it comes out in the same time frame as Blackberry's new handsets, so that'll help me make the decision.

So far I'm really liking Windows phone 7, it presents everything i use my smart phone for very quickly, without having to go in and out of apps to get daily information.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for a lot of new handsets to debut when Mango is released, so I'm going to wait until mango comes out, as it comes out in the same time frame as Blackberry's new handsets, so that'll help me make the decision.

So far I'm really liking Windows phone 7, it presents everything i use my smart phone for very quickly, without having to go in and out of apps to get daily information.

I think quite a few will. Microsoft has pretty good ties with many of the OEM's, and know that Mango is more of a 'hard' release for them. This is when their platform had time to gain some solid fanbase, gain a solid marketplace full of apps, and the update brings all the maturity & features as well as developer API's needed for large scale growth.

This release is when OEM's will start to use their current generation hardware to show off what they can do and distinguish themselves from the upcoming Nokia phones, and help MS push out their newly matured system.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft keeps getting hammered because they released what a lot of reviewers are calling an "unfinished product." People always seem to view the past with rose colored glasses, the iphone, which is now hailed by so many, couldn't send or receive pictures/videos via sms for its first 3 years, couldn't record video for its first 2 generations, and the app store didn't exist for a long time either.

Each platform takes a little while to get up and running, and I believe that mango is going to do for windows phone 7 what the Iphone 3gs did for iOS.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If you think you can wait, I'll say wait for mango. Not only are you gonna get new sexy devices but old ones are going to be ridiculously cheap ;). I couldn't wait though.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If you think you can wait, I'll say wait for mango. Not only are you gonna get new sexy devices but old ones are going to be ridiculously cheap ;). I couldn't wait though.

Has MS given any real release for Mango? I keep reading "Fall," but to some companies that means December.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Has MS given any real release for Mango? I keep reading "Fall," but to some companies that means December.

Nope. None. And I really don't want them to. Then people get disappointed if they says October and it comes out in November (even if it was by 10 days... smh).

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm on ATT and have used the bold 9700, torch 9800 and samsung focus. I LOVE the focus. I've had so many hardware problems with the torch. The bold 9700 was my favorite phone until the focus but it's relatively old now. Depends what you are looking for. I like how lightweight the focus is. and the screen of course.

i've had no issues with my torch... except for juice being dropped on mine by a waitress last year. i got it replaced through warranty as the sticky was still white :)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the months before the NODO update was terrible. I didn't had a Windows Phone nor was I part of this board but I was searching sites and forums to see the opinions of people and damn, people had all sorts of negative emotions, sadness, anger etc...

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope. None. And I really don't want them to. Then people get disappointed if they says October and it comes out in November (even if it was by 10 days... smh).

I'm really hoping for a September release of WP7, not only would it be able to shine in a prime phone buying season (back to school), but it would debut alongside the new Blackberry Line, and the Iphone 5 (Supposedly), giving WP7 a real fighting chance.

I've been reading around these boards about how carriers aren't marketing WP7 very well, which I found to be the opposite during my recent visit to the AT&T store. Windows phone 7 had a bigger display than the Iphone 4 did. There was a large counter in the middle of the store, with a pretty display featuring all the windows phones, and to top it off the display was right as you walked in the door, and really caught your eye, while the Iphone display is in the corner. Invariably though, the sales staff at the store tends to redirect people to their most expensive products (Iphone).

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
as a side note, I went to check out the hd7s at the at&t store. Hardware/build quality is good, but what is with the screen? When you scroll up and down the tiles break up and look awful. Not even close to the focus in terms of screen quality...

I just mentioned this in another thread. The HD7S I played with at the AT&T store did the same thing, the tearing was horrible as I scrolled through the menus.

It's probably all the demo software they have on those phones, not to mention all the people messing around with it.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just mentioned this in another thread. The HD7S I played with at the AT&T store did the same thing, the tearing was horrible as I scrolled through the menus.

It's probably all the demo software they have on those phones, not to mention all the people messing around with it.

The one I played with didn't seem to have that issue, but the main problem demo phones face is that they usually aren't updated to the latest software, and there are tons of people a day that go and abuse them, trying to mess them up.

ethylove

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
i've had no issues with my torch... except for juice being dropped on mine by a waitress last year. i got it replaced through warranty as the sticky was still white :)

i would say 'if we could all be so lucky' but juice from a waitress?? guess unluckiness comes in all forms. warranty has never had a problem replacing my torches but I'm growing tired of driving over to warranty after doing a million battery pulls and OS reloads..... =X

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
i would say 'if we could all be so lucky' but juice from a waitress?? guess unluckiness comes in all forms. warranty has never had a problem replacing my torches but I'm growing tired of driving over to warranty after doing a million battery pulls and OS reloads..... =X

The main problem the Torch has is that the processor was not near fast enough. With the Torch 2, coming in September, RIM should fix that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99