So I Walked into a Microsoft Store...

techjunkieforlife

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
They opened one up near me and thought I would check it out.

Having a Focus since release day I thought it would be cool to check out all the other WP devices all in one place like that. I've been thinking about that HD7s and it's bigger screen and was happy to see all the devices there from all the carriers.

Well this is when my excitement stopped, when I actually scrolled around all the other phones. The Focus is so smooth and never gave a second thought to how good it is, I'm just used to it. That was until I played with the HTC's and saw how things break up on the screen when you flick scroll. In the app list, it's actually unreadable if you flick scroll up and down as the text breaks apart.

The Focus, not at all. The LG looked good and the Trophy a little break up. But the others were bad. Is it the screen or something? If I had one of those devices I would want to take it back.

Any WP owners out there unhappy with this or does your phone look smooth? Maybe they just had out refurbs for people to play with and it's not typical. Thought I would ask.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No issues with my Surround. I have more than 150 apps so I do a lot of scrolling. App picker and search can't come soon enough for me.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that when I played with an HD7S in an AT&T store last week. The tearing was terrible. I couldn't imagine having that over my Focus. :)

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
We have a Focus and a Quantum, and the Quantum does not seem as responsive as the Focus to me, but it's my son's phone, so I admittedly have only used it a couple times.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Every Windows Phone looks ugly next to the Focus. My Optimus 7 hold up a lot and I was able to call it the winner until I unlock both phones, That screen is amazing.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
The Focus has been proven to perform slightly better in tests, but, really, I'm not having any problem with my Arrive either. When I flick-scroll, I can read the words or see the pictures enough to know when to stop on an app I want.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The focus may perform the best, but I can't get over the cheap, plastic feeling of the device. Doesn't have that fancy smartphone feel outside the screen.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I will say this about the quantum though - I ran that puppy through the wash on accident, and for the first time EVER in all the times I have tried it, the rice trick worked! It had water sloshing *under the screen* and everything, and after 48 hours it was restored to absolutely flawless condition, not so much as a water spot. I have tried the rice trick at least 5 times over the years and never once seen it work.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
No issues on my Arrive - works identically to a Focus. I owned and a Focus before that, and used both side by side for a month.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
stuff the phone in a tub of rice and the rice absorbs the water... Theoretically speaking...

That's the one. I've never seen it work before, or met anyone that had it work for them when they tried. I even tested every single key on the keyboard and alternate key functions, the works.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The focus may perform the best, but I can't get over the cheap, plastic feeling of the device. Doesn't have that fancy smartphone feel outside the screen.

I have the Omnia7 - which is a Focus in a different chassis - which has an aluminium backplate and i reckon that really makes the device.

SolarPlexus

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the Arrive, never had any issue. I even turned it on to scroll throigh my list to see if I could recreate what you were talking about. Super smooth.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree about the hd7s screen; when I walked into the at&t store last week, I had every intention of buying the hd7s, but after playing with it for a few minutes, I realized how inferior the screen is to the focus, especially the breakup of the tiles during scrolling

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos