Mango 4g lte

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
1. You're assuming Mango phones will launch in the fall, which is something unconfirmed.

2. LTE support is primarily an issue of the phone's radio chipset.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
1. You're assuming Mango phones will launch in the fall, which is something unconfirmed.
Nokia said it is highly likely that one of their phones will launch in the fall. Whether that phone launches in the US is still unconfirmed.
2. LTE support is primarily an issue of the phone's radio chipset.
It is also an issue of whether the SoC used in the phone supports it, the launch devices use the older 1 GHz snapdragon which is why they didn't support HSPA+ or "4G" for T-Mobile and AT&T as they like to call it. The newest chipset Microsoft has deemed allowable for use is the same one used in the HTC (T-Mobile) G2. However, Qualcomm has stated that their newest dual-core, the MSM8x60; will be able to be used for Windows Phone as well albeit with special drivers to allow for smooth compatibility. Qualcomm's website has no mention of LTE support for this chipset here: http://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon/specs however Microsoft did post a job advertisement mentioning work with LTE so whether this will be available for Mango remains to be seen and/or announced.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Microsoft has stated that new devices, with Mango inside, will be launching this Fall. Although we have not heard specifics from OEMs, that's enough confirmation for me.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital