Missing songs from marketplace

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to download some new music from the marketplace, and it was only available for preview. Why even have it show up, if I can only get a 30 second preview! #Annoyed

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
song and artist? It would help, maybe we (as a group) can help find the answer, or there is a glitch someplace.

With my experience with the Zune Marketplace (a couple years now) what you seem to be describing is a situation where you can't buy the song unless you buy the album. Try it on the Zune Software and see what it says.
If it is this situation, you know the answer. But to answer the next question of why: Because that is the deal that they (Zune) has with the artists and producers.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Damien Rice, pretty much all his music except for the Live versions. I was looking for one particular song, "Delicate", but checked out more of his music and liked it. Only a few songs would allow me to download, or even buy[non live].

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Even though I used up my Zune credits for this month, I should be able to buy the song. It's not even letting me do that. It's evident that there is no deal in place for this artist to have his songs in the marketplace.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have 10 credits available. There must be some type of deal available, I was able to download three songs. 9 crimes, Delicate (live), and Lonelily.
Even though I used up my Zune credits for this month, I should be able to buy the song. It's not even letting me do that. It's evident that there is no deal in place for this artist to have his songs in the marketplace.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm noticing that his entire body of work is with various record labels. Perhaps this is what's causing the discrepancies. Microsoft may have a deal with one record label and not all of them. Are the three songs you downloaded from the same record label?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't tell from my phone right now, it's blocked at work. But I got a song from the B-Sides EP,9, and Live from the Union Chapel. He had a song on a "Help: A day in the Life" album too. I got that one also. It's under Various Artist.
I'm noticing that his entire body of work is with various record labels. Perhaps this is what's causing the discrepancies. Microsoft may have a deal with one record label and not all of them. Are the three songs you downloaded from the same record label?
I just checked amazon, they seem to have all the songs available. Oh well, I'll just get them from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon