07-01-2011 07:15 PM
33 12
tools
    06-28-2011 09:53 AM
    read it, loved it :)
    Winterfang likes this.
    06-28-2011 09:59 AM
    I don't know, the video portion was a little awful, and how some of the information was presented was misleading. Don't get me wrong, it was nice to see a positive article about WP7 from Engadget, but as far as the video portions of the preview went, I feel this site, among others, even Gizmodo, had a better/more accurate presentation.
    06-28-2011 10:07 AM
    Pocketnow's review is more detailed. With video that's awesome.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    06-28-2011 10:25 AM
    I agree about the pocketnow preview, it is quite excellent.
    06-28-2011 10:29 AM
    Wow the Me title has gotten quite an upgrade.
    06-28-2011 11:13 AM
    LOL, a it's actually going to be useful. I think it's awesome in mango! I wonder if third party devs will have the privileges to put their notifications in the Me tile.
    Wow the Me title has gotten quite an upgrade.
    06-28-2011 11:25 AM
    I hope, I'm watching the Pocketnow video but their youtube videos are giving me problems. Once it's running I can't pause it.
    06-28-2011 11:28 AM
    LOL, a it's actually going to be useful. I think it's awesome in mango! I wonder if third party devs will have the privileges to put their notifications in the Me tile.
    Edit: woah you can save settings on the pictures and tap the camera to focus and take pictures and there's a huge revamp on the pictures hub.

Why nobody made a topic about this? I feel so lost.
    06-28-2011 11:37 AM
    They have some pretty amazing new featues. I'm still going over all the new features myself.
    Edit: woah you can save settings on the pictures and tap the camera to focus and take pictures and there's a huge revamp on the pictures hub.

Why nobody made a topic about this? I feel so lost.
    06-28-2011 11:43 AM
    All of this was covered in Daniels review or on the pod cast have you guys listen to the podcast covered just about everything. Its nice hearing about it from someone who actually is using a Mango device every day.

WPCentral Podcast Episode 115 | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
    06-28-2011 12:16 PM
    WHere's the podcast link? Is it available from the Marketplace?
    All of this was covered in Daniels review or on the pod cast have you guys listen to the podcast covered just about everything. Its nice hearing about it from someone who actually is using a Mango device every day.

WPCentral Podcast Episode 115 | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
    06-28-2011 12:17 PM
    WHere's the podcast link? Is it available from the Marketplace?
    You can subscribe through Zune or download it directly the link is available at the link I posted above. If you can't find it post up and I will add it here.
    Winterfang likes this.
    06-28-2011 12:23 PM
    I'm gonna listen to it now BIG D5. ( Also I'm dumb I kept pronouncing this site name as weepee central. )
    06-28-2011 12:28 PM
    I'm gonna listen to it now BIG D5. ( Also I'm dumb I kept pronouncing this site name as weepee central. )
    We wont hold "that" against you... lol

:ninja: Dave
    06-28-2011 12:34 PM
    I stopped reading at this point:

Live tiles finally give you a greater sense of "glance and go."

Currently restricted to use by native WP7 apps only, Mango is opening the door for third-party apps to put dynamic updates directly on their Start menu tiles. We checked out The Weather Channel app and were able to see the temperature and weather condition; push notifications also worked on other apps we tried out such as Beezz (a Twitter client) and Send to WP7. Much like multitasking, this isn't running at full speed yet, but we hope that most apps in the Marketplace will use this new functionality.

My Weather Channel app has had a 'working' live tile since launch. Also rowi, IM+, LazyTube, Smart Tile, Alphajax, AP Mobile, Arkwords, Weatherbug, Flory, TextMe, Flickr, Flixter, Birdsong, Kik Messenger...
    VernonEL likes this.
    06-28-2011 12:40 PM
    I hope we get more rectangle tiles like Pictures/Calendar. They're pretty useful for breaking apps up by category. Also, I hope the Calendar apps becomes a live tile that also displays the weather/temp along with a changing background.
    06-28-2011 12:45 PM
    Off topic...but why is there a heart showing up at the top of the webpage.
    06-28-2011 12:46 PM
    Looks like someone "liked" the whole thread
    06-28-2011 12:54 PM
    See no reason why an engadget review, especially one with so many inaccuracies that shows the author knows nothing about the OS, is being highlighted. Wpcentral and particularly pocketnow's reviews are far better. Lets stop giving these MS haters so much credit.
    06-28-2011 12:55 PM
    Engadget has been loving WP7 and Mango. Where's the hate. I'd rather look at an outside source instead of a Windows fan site, for an non-bias review.
    See no reason why an engadget review, especially one with so many inaccuracies that shows the author knows nothing about the OS, is being highlighted. Wpcentral and particularly pocketnow's reviews are far better. Lets stop giving these MS haters so much credit.
    06-28-2011 01:01 PM
    Engadget has been loving WP7 and Mango. Where's the hate. I'd rather look at an outside source instead of a Windows fan site, for an non-bias review.
    Engadget has been dismissive of WP7 since its launch, and the end of this review that claims WP7 is merely "catching up" and completely downplays all the new features Mango brings like Local scout, the full integration of Facebook and Twitter, Threads, the enhanced Me tile, bing extras. The bias is honey-coated but its there, constantly. And if a reviewer doesnt even know that Live tiles have been available since the OS launch how valid are his conclusions? And you only have to read any MS related story on that site to come across veiled barbs at Microsoft.
    06-28-2011 01:21 PM
    'Engadget' and 'non-bias' are not words that I would put together.

When Engadget posted their WP7 review in October they actually went out of their way to showcase the buggy nature of certain Windows Phone apps.
    06-28-2011 02:15 PM
    Truth hurts, you scared go to church. LOL

When Engadget posted their WP7 review in October they actually went out of their way to showcase the buggy nature of certain Windows Phone apps.
    06-28-2011 03:29 PM

As they should have? I'm glad someone went out of their way to publish a comprehensive article and didn't simply gloss over those missteps and slap a 10/10 on the score sheet. If you don't point those things out, you're selling people a false review. Trustworthy reviewers supply the good AND the bad. Not simply one or the other.

Besides, pointing those things out is how they get fixed. If you don't call people out on it, they may simply let it slide.

I'm excited for Mango in any case. It's nice to see MS is taking their phone setup seriously, and listening to all the feedback users supplied.
    06-28-2011 05:48 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD