So I have my new phone and I am trying to re-download apps through Zune that I had before. Stuff like Kindle and IMDB won't let me download, it says I already purchased. Am I missing something? I don't see a list in Zune that tells me what I have already bought.
    06-29-2011 09:52 AM
    Yes, it is annoying as freakin heck. Zune really needs an update.

Just re download them directly from the phone. It is the most straight forward way, though rather annoying.
    06-29-2011 09:56 AM
    On your PC go to Zune/Settings/Phone/Purchase History to see a list of apps you have downloaded. All reinstalls are done through the phone. It will say "Buy" but after you tap it, you will be reminded that you already purchased. So no double billing.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    06-29-2011 10:33 AM
    Thanks, now I just have to download.

Oddly, when I got my new phone and signed in the market showed 15 downloads pending and automatically did them. This wasn't all the stuff I had previously downloaded, but it was some of it. Not sure why some did it automatically and a lot didn't. Nothing I can tell that is different about them.
    06-29-2011 12:54 PM
    It depends on how you purchased the app; from the phone or through Zune. I had this happen to me this past weekend.

It seems if you purchased the app through Zune it will automatically install the app on your phone when you connect to sync.

If you purchased the app from your phone you will get notification from the Marketplace there are updates to install.
    06-29-2011 01:03 PM
    So here's a question. I picked up my WP7 and loved it but I have to have multiple calendar syncing with Google calendars for my work so I returned it within the trial period because there were no assurances that the Mango update will correct the issue. If the final version of the Mango update DOES in fact correct the multiple Google calendar sync issue, I will buy another WP7 phone in a heartbeat.

Since the apps I purchased and/or downloaded for free are tied to my Zune account, will I be able to redownload those apps to the new WP7 phone without charge?
    06-29-2011 02:19 PM
    So here's a question. I picked up my WP7 and loved it but I have to have multiple calendar syncing with Google calendars for my work so I returned it within the trial period because there were no assurances that the Mango update will correct the issue. If the final version of the Mango update DOES in fact correct the multiple Google calendar sync issue, I will buy another WP7 phone in a heartbeat.

Since the apps I purchased and/or downloaded for free are tied to my Zune account, will I be able to redownload those apps to the new WP7 phone without charge?
    Yes. I had a Focus for about a month and returned it for a Surround and was able to redownload previously purchased apps.
    Umm Yeah likes this.
    06-29-2011 02:24 PM
    It depends on how you purchased the app; from the phone or through Zune. I had this happen to me this past weekend.

It seems if you purchased the app through Zune it will automatically install the app on your phone when you connect to sync.

If you purchased the app from your phone you will get notification from the Marketplace there are updates to install.
    Note that if you installed any trials before purchase, the trial version will auto load on your device. Yes, that's dumb. You have to overwrite the trial version with the paid version.

And not sure of the above scenario. With my last hard reset, I had about 160 apps/games to install. When I synced, 27 apps auto installed, some that I had previously uninstalled. But I didn't get any Marketplace update notifications. Maybe because I started downloading apps almost immediately, although it still took several hours. My purchases are probably 2/3 via PC and 1/3 via phone.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    06-29-2011 02:34 PM
    I really wish I knew for sure if multiple Google calendar support will be included in Mango. It has however been confirmed that mutiple calendars will be supported through Live.

Basically, this is a Live device. I am not a fan of exclusivity, but that is basically what Google has been doing with their devices. Why do you think so many more people have gmail now than there were 5 years ago. I am not knocking gmail, but personally I feel that the MS ecosystem seems for functional. Especially after the recent SkyDrive update.
    07-01-2011 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD