After the first night with Mango..

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I have questions about Zune. If you have a playlist going and then you play a video that you have on your device (like a recording or one that was synced), can you resume the playlist where you left off? I'm also wondering the same with "shuffle all."

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
IT's SUPER SWEET! The new layout is awesome and your avatar does more, and pretty much NO load time. He/She [avatar comes running out as soon as u slide to where he's at. He's also more animated, with less time of him just sitting there looking at you. LOL. It's pretty flawless IMO.
How sweet is the new Xbox Live hub?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to report back, I don't have any video on my phone.
I have questions about Zune. If you have a playlist going and then you play a video that you have on your device (like a recording or one that was synced), can you resume the playlist where you left off? I'm also wondering the same with "shuffle all."

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So after I connect to facebook. I don't see any of my contacts from facebook. Will this populate over time?
To get Facebook chat, make sure you go to messenger.live.com and connect your account to Facebook and add contacts from Facebook or go into your Live Messenger program and do it from there. Also resync your Live and Facebook accounts on your phone (settings, email and accounts, tap and hold, sync). Then wait, should be working within a few hours.
Got it to work. After you connect to your live ID, it automatically makes your status available. You must take yourself offline, then back to available, then BAM, FB contacts were there.

Last edited:

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey 1jaxstate1 one of my favorite things about this OS are the fluid animations found all over the UI, one thing I saw in a lot of the press review vids were the removal of a couple of them, namely the one where you're in an app and press the start button to go to the start screen, the start screen's tiles "swing" towards the screen like a door so to speak, (you know which one I'm talking about) but in the videos when they would press the start button, the start screen would just appear without an animation just BAM! It's there, you know? making it faster but i liked the animation lol. Is that animation present in this build?

Ha, animations to enhance the experience vs speed of operation, Luis I completely agree with you but based on the feedback I get every day for the WPCentral app the preference split seems to be almost exactly 50/50

daylater

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Just finished installing on my Focus,... Wow!

Everything is super slick and enhanced =) I LOVE the new bing additions, vision and music are extremely welcome and work very well.

My only complaint so far is that they've removed the "Favorites" button from IE9. You have to go into the ... menu to access or add favorite pages now, a bit of an inconvenience for someone who constantly bounces between favorite websites =(

I"m sure i'll get used to that though, overall it's a HUGE HUGE HUGE improvement in almost ever aspect. Sure there is more they could add/tweak, but there is so much great stuff here it's very hard to complain.

Looking forward to the official release even more now!

prowade

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I just finished loading Mango onto my Focus....WOW. Everything seems so much smoother and I love the multitasking. Going to be digging in a but more but I am sure I will return return to post.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a focus, so no led for me. The 3G toggle is where you can force the phone to use the 2g network. It saves battery life.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Now you guys made me want to install the update! Ha.

Question: How long did it take you all?

Question #2: Are any of you devs?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It took me two hours
I'm a dev no apps yet, but I think I have on that I want to start on.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

prowade

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure really how long it took me, I was busy while it was working. And yes I am a dev, I have yet to write an app but I work in the .Net studio everyday in my professional life and that is why I signed up to be one.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Has the browser improved at all? Is it faster? Is there flash or html5? Have the rendering issues been fixed? Has MS done away with the font sized for the screen? I actually dont like that they did that.

Has battery life changed? It's not very good right now and I don't feel like buying an extended battery.

Has music/videos app undergone any improvements? Can we finally delete YouTube and other videos from the history? Are there more options like sound enchancers and replaying songs?

Any visual changes to the market?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Last Question (for now): How is the turn by turn navigation?

I've read that it doesn't automatically read to you and I'm really hoping there is an option for it or that there is one when the official version comes out. The other is that it doesn't recalculate? Is that true?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon