The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-09-2011 10:06 PM
144 1234 ...
tools
    I'll have to report back, I don't have any video on my phone.
    I have questions about Zune. If you have a playlist going and then you play a video that you have on your device (like a recording or one that was synced), can you resume the playlist where you left off? I'm also wondering the same with "shuffle all."
    06-30-2011 03:11 PM
    My question is mundane but is Find on Page still in IE9. Heard rumors that it might not be there any longer.
    06-30-2011 03:45 PM
    I don't see Find on Page anywhere in the options menue.
    My question is mundane but is Find on Page still in IE9. Heard rumors that it might not be there any longer.
    06-30-2011 03:57 PM
    So after I connect to facebook. I don't see any of my contacts from facebook. Will this populate over time?
    To get Facebook chat, make sure you go to messenger.live.com and connect your account to Facebook and add contacts from Facebook or go into your Live Messenger program and do it from there. Also resync your Live and Facebook accounts on your phone (settings, email and accounts, tap and hold, sync). Then wait, should be working within a few hours.
    Got it to work. After you connect to your live ID, it automatically makes your status available. You must take yourself offline, then back to available, then BAM, FB contacts were there.
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 06-30-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    06-30-2011 05:03 PM
    Hey 1jaxstate1 one of my favorite things about this OS are the fluid animations found all over the UI, one thing I saw in a lot of the press review vids were the removal of a couple of them, namely the one where you're in an app and press the start button to go to the start screen, the start screen's tiles "swing" towards the screen like a door so to speak, (you know which one I'm talking about) but in the videos when they would press the start button, the start screen would just appear without an animation just BAM! It's there, you know? making it faster but i liked the animation lol. Is that animation present in this build?
    Ha, animations to enhance the experience vs speed of operation, Luis I completely agree with you but based on the feedback I get every day for the WPCentral app the preference split seems to be almost exactly 50/50
    06-30-2011 05:28 PM
    Just finished installing on my Focus,... Wow!

Everything is super slick and enhanced =) I LOVE the new bing additions, vision and music are extremely welcome and work very well.

My only complaint so far is that they've removed the "Favorites" button from IE9. You have to go into the ... menu to access or add favorite pages now, a bit of an inconvenience for someone who constantly bounces between favorite websites =(

I"m sure i'll get used to that though, overall it's a HUGE HUGE HUGE improvement in almost ever aspect. Sure there is more they could add/tweak, but there is so much great stuff here it's very hard to complain.

Looking forward to the official release even more now!
    dtboos likes this.
    06-30-2011 06:22 PM
    I just finished loading Mango onto my Focus....WOW. Everything seems so much smoother and I love the multitasking. Going to be digging in a but more but I am sure I will return return to post.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    06-30-2011 08:52 PM
    Did they add notifications for emails with the LED?
    06-30-2011 09:46 PM
    "There's a 3G toggle now!"

What does that mean? I would like led notifications.
    06-30-2011 09:51 PM
    I have a focus, so no led for me. The 3G toggle is where you can force the phone to use the 2g network. It saves battery life.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    06-30-2011 10:02 PM
    Now you guys made me want to install the update! Ha.

Question: How long did it take you all?

Question #2: Are any of you devs?
    06-30-2011 10:03 PM
    It took me two hours
    I'm a dev no apps yet, but I think I have on that I want to start on.

06-30-2011 10:20 PM
    I am not sure really how long it took me, I was busy while it was working. And yes I am a dev, I have yet to write an app but I work in the .Net studio everyday in my professional life and that is why I signed up to be one.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    06-30-2011 10:21 PM
    Has the browser improved at all? Is it faster? Is there flash or html5? Have the rendering issues been fixed? Has MS done away with the font sized for the screen? I actually dont like that they did that.

Has battery life changed? It's not very good right now and I don't feel like buying an extended battery.

Has music/videos app undergone any improvements? Can we finally delete YouTube and other videos from the history? Are there more options like sound enchancers and replaying songs?

Any visual changes to the market?
    06-30-2011 10:51 PM
    Last Question (for now): How is the turn by turn navigation?

I've read that it doesn't automatically read to you and I'm really hoping there is an option for it or that there is one when the official version comes out. The other is that it doesn't recalculate? Is that true?
    06-30-2011 11:41 PM
    Has anyone else with Mango noticed how amazingly responsive 3rd party apps are now!? They demoed this separation of UI input from the main app thread. Even the Facebook app (which is now mostly redundant) is nice and responsive. I didn't notice how much of an improvement it was until I put my Mango device side by side with one running Nodo.
    07-01-2011 12:05 AM
    On wifi, new options? Does the phone use the wifi over the cellular now? I hate how the phone tries to use the cell signal and not wifi.
    07-01-2011 01:00 AM
    On wifi, new options? Does the phone use the wifi over the cellular now? I hate how the phone tries to use the cell signal and not wifi.
    never noticed that... how are you sure? maybe the wifi signal is weak?
    07-01-2011 02:54 AM
    No, you can search the net, it is known problem (xda forums for example). I turned off data roaming and it works mostly great now, but I tried netflix and it would not use my wifi and I am in the same room as the wifi, full signal, and the ipad and playbook runs fine. It is something in WP7 that tries to use either/or and not just full wifi as android phones and blackberries work fine on it.
    07-01-2011 02:56 AM
    installing mango now... did the backup and i put it in my dropbox, but i believe it's too big of a file for the free account i have.
    07-01-2011 03:05 AM
    I didn't even realize they were going to "fix" this, but I had a very pleasant surprise after upgrading to Mango. I was having to put in a pin every time I unlocked the phone due to my companies exchange policy, and now I can set it as long as 1 hour. That was killing me though it was still worth using WP7.

They also appear to have sped up the transitions which is nice, before it looked nice but was a tad slow for my taste.
    07-01-2011 04:21 AM
    I have a focus, so no led for me. The 3G toggle is where you can force the phone to use the 2g network. It saves battery life.

Er...I have this already in NoDo?
    07-01-2011 05:11 AM
    Err..you have it due to a hack, its built in for everyone now. big difference.

Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 07-01-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    07-01-2011 06:02 AM
    So, people go into the WiFi settings. Is there anyway to pin the WiFi on/off to the start screen?!
    07-01-2011 09:54 AM
    Are you guys receiving invites to install through email? I haven't received anything yet... :-(

Michael.
    07-01-2011 09:58 AM
144 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD