After the first night with Mango..

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else with Mango noticed how amazingly responsive 3rd party apps are now!? They demoed this separation of UI input from the main app thread. Even the Facebook app (which is now mostly redundant) is nice and responsive. I didn't notice how much of an improvement it was until I put my Mango device side by side with one running Nodo.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
On wifi, new options? Does the phone use the wifi over the cellular now? I hate how the phone tries to use the cell signal and not wifi.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
No, you can search the net, it is known problem (xda forums for example). I turned off data roaming and it works mostly great now, but I tried netflix and it would not use my wifi and I am in the same room as the wifi, full signal, and the ipad and playbook runs fine. It is something in WP7 that tries to use either/or and not just full wifi as android phones and blackberries work fine on it.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
installing mango now... did the backup and i put it in my dropbox, but i believe it's too big of a file for the free account i have.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even realize they were going to "fix" this, but I had a very pleasant surprise after upgrading to Mango. I was having to put in a pin every time I unlocked the phone due to my companies exchange policy, and now I can set it as long as 1 hour. That was killing me though it was still worth using WP7.

They also appear to have sped up the transitions which is nice, before it looked nice but was a tad slow for my taste.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Err..you have it due to a hack, its built in for everyone now. big difference.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Last edited:

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Err..you have it due to a hack, its built in for everyone now. big difference.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

No I don't. I have a stock HTC Mozart (Orange, but unlocked) on O2 in the UK. Under "Mobile Network" there's a switch to toggle off 3G, and indeed one to toggle data as well.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Cool, it wasn't there for AT&T users. It's there now by default. I had to hack my NoDo to get the option. But when I do turn off 3G, I still see 3G on my signal. So I'm not too sure how well it works.
No I don't. I have a stock HTC Mozart (Orange, but unlocked) on O2 in the UK. Under "Mobile Network" there's a switch to toggle off 3G, and indeed one to toggle data as well.

wreed

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I was a dreamspark developer and only submitted a dummy app 2 weeks ago, got my invite the night the invites went out.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even realize they were going to "fix" this, but I had a very pleasant surprise after upgrading to Mango. I was having to put in a pin every time I unlocked the phone due to my companies exchange policy, and now I can set it as long as 1 hour. That was killing me though it was still worth using WP7.

They also appear to have sped up the transitions which is nice, before it looked nice but was a tad slow for my taste.

Funny thing is, a lot think the transitions are there for looks-only, but it's really there because it's loading content. Even the iPhone does it. With the iPhone 4, it's barely noticeable when going into an app (almost instant), but when exiting (hitting the home), it shows the app shrinking.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Cool, it wasn't there for AT&T users. It's there now by default. I had to hack my NoDo to get the option. But when I do turn off 3G, I still see 3G on my signal. So I'm not too sure how well it works.

?

My stock NoDo Quantum (on AT&T of course) doesn't have "3G toggle" but has a "data connection" toggle. I have confirmed that it shuts down all generations of cellular data, and omits the "3G" indicator at the top display bar.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I had a "data" toggle, had that before Nodo. We're talking about being able to switch from a 3G network to the old 2G[edge] network on demand. I
?

My stock NoDo Quantum (on AT&T of course) doesn't have "3G toggle" but has a "data connection" toggle. I have confirmed that it shuts down all generations of cellular data, and omits the "3G" indicator at the top display bar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb