After the first night with Mango..

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else with Mango have a weird bug that when you're listening to music and hit the search button to go to bing, the quality of music changes?

rsmiley0

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Did not notice any difference

I tried this playing a song and then hit the search, but my quality seemed the same . There was a slight second where things dropped out, but then kept going.

For a laugh I tried the Speak search to see if it could identify the sone Zune was playing, but it cuts that out. Oh well , will have to try that a different way.

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I just tried it again, having both with and without head phones, and it was exactly as you described it rsmiley0. I don't know what happened I first tried it though.

Also, how do you scan DVD covers? I've done QR codes and tags, but I can't scan a DVD cover. I tried it with the film Star Trek.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I just tried it again, having both with and without head phones, and it was exactly as you described it rsmiley0. I don't know what happened I first tried it though.

Others have reported this issue.

Also, how do you scan DVD covers? I've done QR codes and tags, but I can't scan a DVD cover. I tried it with the film Star Trek.

You should just be able to press the eye button and under semi decent lighting, put the cover in view. I did this with a bunch of objects. Even did it with a water bottle! If it can get some words, it usually can get an accurate result.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my Mango beta invite and installed it the second I got home. OMG, they need to call this pumpkin motherf'in pie, it is that good. :)

Michael.
Got my invite too. Went through the update process. I must say I have never had to click in that many places to get permission to download the update. They made me acknowledge in many different ways that I could brick my phone and that I am voiding my warranty and a whole bunch of other things. I handled it like most EULAs and clicked all the check boxes and clicked on the Accept button. 3 hours or so later I have Mango.

Absolutely worth the effort.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Does mango offer file explorer capability through USB in this beta version. Also, any way to direct connect to Outlook?

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Some observations.

So far all of the non-approved apps I've tried to run have been automatically delelted. These are things like the registry editor and the HTC Touch Explorer and my Checvron ringtone generator.

I also found one odd thing regarding voice recognition. I can send an SMS by dictating the message, but I cannot do the same in an email. Considering that they are similar types of events I would have thought I could dictate an email as well.

I use a lock screen image with transparency and the image is a bit messed up. The transparent part of the image has duplicates my lock screen on it in somewhat random locations. As soon as I beging to move the image upwards the transparent part becomes transparent and all looks normal again.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of notifications, I have a group pinned to my start screen, and I had a missed call from someone in that group and the tile said "missed call" with the callers name on it.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

m_kock

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is running Mango on their Verizon Trophy, can you confirm that you can't receive MMS picture messages?

Asked a friend to send me a picture and I never got it. No notification, no message, nothing. Using an HTC Tropy, if that answers your question. So it's obviously a bug.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of the release cycles of the beta updates. Is it once a month, or is this it until the final release, which I would find to be ridiculous. I'm really wanting to see the twitter integration. I'm a tweet fiend.

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of the release cycles of the beta updates. Is it once a month, or is this it until the final release, which I would find to be ridiculous. I'm really wanting to see the twitter integration. I'm a tweet fiend.

Well, I can not say for sure, but looking back on the Release cycle that I watched before WP7 was released. These Beta's (SDK and phone OS) will not be compatible with the final release, which makes sense. What they did when WP7 went to RTM; they put out the "final" SDK tools. So, if following that principle, the devs are going to need the RTM Mango release of both the SDK and the phone OS to do the final development on their apps prior to the release of Mango.

Just speaking as a tech geek. :)

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm the mms picture bug as well. Is it just an issue with the trophy or is it all phones?

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs