Microsoft brand loyalty

davidt77

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else feel like they should be using Microsoft products since they love Windows Mobile? I started using IE9 instead of Chrome. Went back to Chrome though. Feel like I am cheating on my phone when I use Google Docs and not Office. Somehow my love for my phone is making me feel like I am cheating when I use Google.

Anyone else feel like this?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine was the other way around. I use lots of Microsoft services.

Windows 7, Xbox 360, hotmail, Live messenger, Bing and Office. So I said, my as well make my phone a WP7 device since I don't care about a Google account. ( Still hate myself to be forced to have one for my Youtube needs )

That being said, I use itunes instead of zune.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, kinda. Same situation as you with IE9. I think it renders pages slightly faster and looks better than Chrome but the search function in the URL bar has me sticking with Chrome for now.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

davidt77

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My biggest problem with IE9 is that it doesn't have a built in spell checker. I know I can get add-ons that will manually check what you type, I prefer the way Chrome checks while I am typing. I actually misspelled 5 words just typing this.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No. I just happened to be doing so. I use to use Macs because OSX was better than Vista. I switched back to Windows after win7. I dumped my WM phone because there was something better was out. I'll never be brand loyal, that leads to being a fan boy, rather than a fan. I just use whats the best available.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Exactly I use Firefox. But the lastest firefox has being crapping up. I mostly stay loyal to a product until the competition gives me a better offer.

For example I was curious of bing but hate it because it didn't had autocomplete me. When they got it, I jump to it.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well as far as browser go, I use both IE and FF. I use FF because I have it setup exactly how I like it, so it would be too much hassle to switch. I use IE for a lot of work related stuff that overlaps with my hobbies so that I can use the same website on two separate accounts.

Beyond that, I use Windows because I can't stand the Apple alternative, although I really like Apple hardware.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
No. I just happened to be doing so. I use to use Macs because OSX was better than Vista. I switched back to Windows after win7. I dumped my WM phone because there was something better was out. I'll never be brand loyal, that leads to being a fan boy, rather than a fan. I just use whats the best available.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

This!

I think my WP device is the best now, but that's because it is, not because of the Microsoft.

So to answer the question, no I don't feel like I'm cheating on M$ in any way. I have an xbox, WP device and a w7 PC (& laptop). IMO, that's enough. I don't like using everything from one company too much; almost promotes monopolies. This is the main reason why I dislike Google and how all their products are free. Who can resist?

Reactions: ikkf

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Not terribly. I think Microsoft's web services suck. I wish my pone had better Google integration. I am, however, a huge booster for WP, Zune Pass, and Xbox Live.

UVSoaked

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe just a bit....
idzus0.jpg

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm loyal to products that work the way I need and want, not to a brand. Brand loyalty tends to lead to the same zealotry that creates Apple fanboys, the types many of us here like to rant against. I do find myself using services like Bing and Live.com more simply because I own a Windows Phone. And I'm really tempted to get a ZuneHD, so that I could have a device separate from my phone to play my music on. Kinda silly at this stage, but there's really no competing product for someone who wants to play their Zune Pass tracks on.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. i have a WP and a PC. No xbox or any other gaming console for that matter. I like PCs because I can build and/or rebuild easier and they cost a helluva lot less, though, I have used Macs aplenty. WP is just a great phone, thus I use a Venue Pro as opposed to whatever else. I do have an android phone at my house, however.

I have hotmail, but also have yahoo, and gmail. I check and use them all regularly. I had switched from IE to Netscape to Fire Fox and then again to Chrome and now I'm back to IE9. It's faster and looks better. Although, I love the paste and go function in Chrome. Spellchecker? I'm a pritty good spieler anyway. So, who needs that? ;)

So, I wouldn 't say I'm brand loyal. If it's cool and works and I like it, I'll roll with it as I have WP7. But, I can say I'm not a huge fan of Android or iphone (only owned Android). So, I'll be sticking with WP7 for the foreseeable future.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think with all the conditioning from the world of Google, Mozilla and such, I did notice I had developed a weird preoccupation of correcting the record where Microsoft is concerned. If I hear misinformation about it, like, Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7 are the same thing, I say, "nay nay." Head into almost any Verizon kiosk and ask about Windows Phone 7 and this is what they tell you.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I think with all the conditioning from the world of Google, Mozilla and such, I did notice I had developed a weird preoccupation of correcting the record where Microsoft is concerned. If I hear misinformation about it, like, Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7 are the same thing, I say, "nay nay." Head into almost any Verizon kiosk and ask about Windows Phone 7 and this is what they tell you.

It's not just Verizon, but IMO, WM 6.x left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. So in a sense, I see why everyone thinks that, even though they are wrong.

I actually like making people look stupid and asking "how is 'windows phone' slow" and watch them tell me something about 'windows mobile'.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not just Verizon, but IMO, WM 6.x left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. So in a sense, I see why everyone thinks that, even though they are wrong.

I actually like making people look stupid and asking "how is 'windows phone' slow" and watch them tell me something about 'windows mobile'.

Hah. Same here. Did this with a Tmo sales rep, two actually, and a Verizon rep. Then watched as I proved them wrong with my DVP. Which elicited responses like, "Oh. That's cool." and "Wow! I might get one of those now that I know more about it."

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm a total Microsoft brand loyalist. Its funny, Windows Phone made me realize it. I already used Windows, I love the 360 and I always liked Zune waaaaay better than iTunes, so getting my HD7 pretty much just closed the loop for me.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Not in the slightest. I'm a Mac user, also own an iPad, and wouldn't let desktop Windows anywhere near me. Which is why I find WP7 all the more impressive. I'm coming at it as someone who likes elegant design and functionality with no brand loyalty to MS - in fact the opposite if anything, and after selling my iPhone 4 (purely a money thing - my HTC Mozart is 95% as good for 40% of the price) and trying what else is out there I've found WP7 the nicest, neatest and most appealing OS to use with the most elegant hardware. I think the more exposure it gets, the more ground it will gain - certainly against Android, which I really don't like as it's too fussy and inconsistent.

Reactions: ikkf

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm loyal to products that work the way I need and want, not to a brand. Brand loyalty tends to lead to the same zealotry that creates Apple fanboys, the types many of us here like to rant against.
This.

I also use what I like best. WP7 for mobile, though i admit I like iTunes better than the Zune software. iTunes just feels more intuitive. I am, however, probably the only web/graphic designer in the world who actually prefers doing my work on Windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss