Official: Mango Issues/Bugs/Concerns Thread

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So, I recently updated to mango and now I'm noticing that I can't respond to emails at all. I tap the respond button, then the little reply/reply all/forward menu pops up. When I select any one of those the menu just goes away and nothing else happens. It happens on all of my accounts (hotmail, gmail, outlook). I haven't tried the linked inbox yet.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me. I wish I could roll back to nodo now but I'm going on a trip and won't be able to do so until sunday. So until then I have to use the web interface for responding to any emails. Am I missing something? Has anyone else seen this?

You may want to try restarting your phone.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Make sure your APN is correct in the "Cellular" section under "Settings"....
I had a problem just like this when I updated to NoDo, amended to receive MMS correctly

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So, I recently updated to mango and now I'm noticing that I can't respond to emails at all. I tap the respond button, then the little reply/reply all/forward menu pops up. When I select any one of those the menu just goes away and nothing else happens. It happens on all of my accounts (hotmail, gmail, outlook). I haven't tried the linked inbox yet.

So I tried some common methods to fix my issue (restart, battery pull, delete and re-add email accounts) and nothing worked. I was planning on rolling back to nodo today. But I decided to check one more time.

Well it seems the Mango gods have smiled upon me today and I can now respond to emails. As far as I can tell I didn't do anything to fix this. So I guess I can keep Mango for now :)

mturner7472

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
this is NOT a bash on Mango ... i love it ... period

Question is - do we think that they will be altering some of the new features that are in the mango beta for the final release?

One thing i've noticed is OTA management of Podcasts within Zune is great, but it's definietly not polished in Mango Beta ...

- no option to update feeds (that i see) ...
- i would think it'd sync back and forth with what you have subscribed to on the desktop client
- i've seen this mentioned before, but no "mass mark as played" option
- individual feed options (ie download over wifi / number of episodes to keep, etc)

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Make sure your APN is correct in the "Cellular" section under "Settings"....
I had a problem just like this when I updated to NoDo, amended to receive MMS correctly

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think CDMA networks use an APN. The Trophy probably only has this option because it's GSM-enabled.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Funny how this is called the "official" bug thread when Mango hasnt gone RTM yet. This is an early build for devs, how can any of the issues found be valid?

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Funny how this is called the "official" bug thread when Mango hasnt gone RTM yet. This is an early build for devs, how can any of the issues found be valid?

Well you're right, many of the issues raised are likely to be known issues released due to it being a BETA. This also isn't the place official BETA testers will be posting issues but it does serve to identify what are issues that may have been overlooked as well as what device-specific issues come along, these should then be posted on the App Hub mango update forum.

I'm not sure what the 'official' refers to but Connect BETA testers will know that the actual official place for bugs/issues is App Hub mango forums (since there is still no Connect forum) and for features/suggestions it is the Dev Feedback on Windows Phone Development board.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

They are valid... They may not be when final build comes out, but does that mean there can't be an "official" thread to discuss it? No one is calling it the 'official build' either.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So, now I can successfully receive picture messages. That's 2 bugs I've seen now that have magically fixed themselves. Either I'm going crazy or Mango is self-aware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05