Official: Mango Issues/Bugs/Concerns Thread

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Proximity sensor doesn't seem to be working (or at least the screen isn't turning off when i'm on a phone call) on my Omnia7, anyone else see this issue on their phones?

EDIT: Ok, not sure how i didn't see plmiller0905 has the exact issue as me, you're using a HTC is that right?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I may have had this issue as well, but just bought a BT on Thursday that I just started using, so I haven't tested this out.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Proximity sensor doesn't seem to be working (or at least the screen isn't turning off when i'm on a phone call) on my Omnia7, anyone else see this issue on their phones?

EDIT: Ok, not sure how i didn't see plmiller0905 has the exact issue as me, you're using a HTC is that right?

Yeah..I'm using an HTC Arrive. After I discovered that issue, what I did was made another call, but this time I covered up the phone/display with my hand and the screen went off

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have found that with my Birdsong every time I click on a web link it will not resolve with Mango ? and I thnk other apps are doing this as well.

also has anyone been able to create a custum ringtone ? I have not been able to do this ?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have found that with my Birdsong every time I click on a web link it will not resolve with Mango ? and I thnk other apps are doing this as well.

also has anyone been able to create a custum ringtone ? I have not been able to do this ?
Getting Java script errors when trying to click links using Weave. That's new with Mango. And can't change, WPC view from mobile to desktop.

Ringtones are working fine. Imported all mine, except I had to cut one down that was 48 sec. File must be MP3 or WMA, and no more than 39 seconds, 1MB. Right click file in Zune desktop, select Edit, change Genre to RINGTONE, and save. Drag file to your phone icon (lower left) to sync.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
After a few hours playing with Mango, and using the "voice" features in the car; here's my concerns....

1) Even at volume "30", the "Voice" of the phone isn't very loud unless you've got an earpiece in.

2) Texting with voice is really hard if you've got an accent from "true" english.... It takes several attempts for the phone to "think" what you've said... i.e I say "arrive" it comes up with "try"

3) The Bing Maps "turn by turn" doesn't work! Having to tap the screen while driving to see what's happening next isn't really acceptable.... So I hope there's an improvement on this to stop me from using third party GPS apps

4) Chat - In the "Online" area of the "Messaging" should display what the person is on/using and not just "available"

Other than the points above, Mango is a vast improvement from the previous updates!
I love all the other features, I just hope it's a bit more polished and ties all our loose ends off prior launch!

Bit off topic, but have they announced the actual release date of Mango?

daylater

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
My biggest complaint is the removal of the "Favorites and Tabs" buttons in IE9.
Browsing without those buttons is simply not as convenient.

I am also having an issue viewing some pictures in the people hub. For whatever reason when I try to access the "Pictures" section it says "There are no pictures of "Contact Name", or this person has chosen not to share pictures with your phone." The strange part is that it only happens with SOME contacts. Not all of them, and I can't figure out why.

I never had this probelm pre-mango, and i'm fairly confident my girlfriend isnt' blocking pictures from my phone intentionally... or maybe... crap I gotta go.

Seriously though, minor gripes and bugs. Overall this is such a fantastic update I'm finding it very hard to complain at all. =)

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
One issue I noticed is that when I'm on a call and place the screen does not dim, and as soon as the phone touches my cheek, it hangs up the call.

I've had this happen once, but it never happened again after a restart.

odd, mine only stays blank for about a second, then tiles start flipping.

I notice the same thing with the People Hub, and any groups you've pinned, they're blank for a second or two, and start flipping to images. These tiles also seem to clear when you scroll off them in your start screen, and scroll back to find them blank again.

Running Mango on an HTC Mozart.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
my pictures from the camera roll are all blank (white) and I accidentally deleted two thinking I took those pics by accident. grrr.

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes in Zune when I am looking at a list of songs in a playlist or songs by a particular artist when I click a song in the list it plays a different track.

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Mango update on my phone today. It took about 45 minutes to complete. So far all I can say is "Wow"!! I have gotten all of the features to work but Visual Voicemail. But I think I need to call T-Mobile to set that up. Microsoft I'm very impressed.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The new "slide to shut off" screen is crummy looking.

i keep grabbing it from the bottom and dragging it down so most of the time i don't drag it down far enough because i let go just before the bottom of the screen....so then it bounces back up again. i like the idea but im not a big fan of the implementation.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So, I recently updated to mango and now I'm noticing that I can't respond to emails at all. I tap the respond button, then the little reply/reply all/forward menu pops up. When I select any one of those the menu just goes away and nothing else happens. It happens on all of my accounts (hotmail, gmail, outlook). I haven't tried the linked inbox yet.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me. I wish I could roll back to nodo now but I'm going on a trip and won't be able to do so until sunday. So until then I have to use the web interface for responding to any emails. Am I missing something? Has anyone else seen this?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Att, Samsung focus. When I turn off my 3G connection, the icon still says 3G and not E. I guess the toggle doesn't work.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo