Terrible battery life with mango

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting aweful battery life?? Before mango I could make it around 8-10 hours with vzw trophy, now since the beta I just went 4.5 hours and im down to 15%. That's a little fast id say

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Nah im pretty much using it the same, location is off, WiFi off, bluet off, not sure what else I can turn off, makes me feel like I have android trying to make it thru a work day hahahaha. And the dont sell extra batteries for this phone apparently. Can't find one anywhere

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I suspect it's not Mango. I'm on Nodo still and my Surround's battery recently started acting up. 3 hours the most and it's close to dead. Battery is covered under 1 year manufacturer warranty. I contacted HTC and they told me that carriers handle battery replacements. I just called ATT, they asked me a few questions and less than a week later I got a new battery.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
In pretty sure the GSM trophy battery won't work with the cdma trophy??? Anyone know

GSM or CDMA has nothing to do with the battery only the antenna in the phone.

HTC has over 200 phones models around the world and like 6 different battery give or take ;)

same thing with blackberry , Samsung and all of does,.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
On my Omnia7 i haven't noticed any change in battery life since going from NoDo to Mango, seems pretty much the same to me.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My Sprint Arrive battery this is my first day with Mango seams to have performed about the same. OP check your signal strength sometimes my battery will drain in a half day its always when I am in a low signal area.

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried enabling the "battery saving" mode within Mango? I enable mine and now my phone last all day!! It's located within the settings tab.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried bat saver, but it signs u off the messengers in sms, and u get zero push notifications, wish u could tell certain apps to run while battery saver is on

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried bat saver, but it signs u off the messengers in sms, and u get zero push notifications, wish u could tell certain apps to run while battery saver is on

my battery life on my htc hd7 is horrible anyway, it only has a 1230 mah battery, wtf? but i have done everything you have already mentioned, including screen brightness. setting it to medium is actually better than auto, and in addition setting emails to update every hour instead of every 15 min will help tremendously.

Houdani

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The first day, I thought I had just forgotten to recharge the phone. But last night I saw that the battery was fully charged (green light) before I went to bed. This morning, I pick up the phone and it's telling me the battery is critically low! It was sitting idle the entire night, plugged into my computer (which was asleep).

This is my usual habit, to keep the phone plugged into the computer all night long, and I never had an issue until after the Mango update. Grrrrr.

My wife's phone doesn't appear to be suffering the same issue, so perhaps it's one of the apps I have installed that isn't playing nice with Mango. I'll have to start experimenting.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I would say it's the battery. I'm using a Trophy with Mango. I went to bed with my phone close to dead last night and it was still alive this morning, though the red light was blinking. I got a critical battery warning after checking email and a few other things.

I don't have battery saver mode on, my brightness is medium, I haven't taken any other steps to preserve my battery and it lasts through the day with moderate use, and sometimes through the night.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Houdani- We are having the same issue. I'm going to try a Mango reinstall to fix this issue. If that doesn't work we should compare our apps. Maybe an app is draining battery life overnight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99